Numb to corruption: How Republicans trained their base to ignore Trump's criminality

homersapien

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

So, to clarify, all these indictments - and in some cases, convictions - are really just a round-about way of damaging Trump:rolleyes:

The indictments are worthless. Nothing has damaged President Trump. Wake your blind old arse up and quit reading the trash you post.......go meet some real people. Preferably people that make this great country work.

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Exactly. 

and I can agree with per that subject matter. To much wasted time on party transformation......................wasted time on Russia collusion is much worse

2 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

and I can agree with per that subject matter. To much wasted time on party transformation......................wasted time on Russia collusion is much worse

So if Barack Obama was being investigated for improper relations/collusion, you’d be sitting here singing the same tune? “This is a waste and we should let him do his job”? Is that what you’re saying?

47 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Exactly. 

“I didn’t leave the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party left me”. Ronald Reagan.

13 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

The indictments are worthless. Nothing has damaged President Trump. Wake your blind old arse up and quit reading the trash you post.......go meet some real people. Preferably people that make this great country work.

Trump is an incompetent, narcissistic psychopath and it will take years to repair the damage he has caused the country.  And on some level, I think you know that.

13 hours ago, PUB78 said:

“I didn’t leave the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party left me”. Ronald Reagan.

At least you get it.

Reagan knew how to capitalize on racial division:

1. Reagan launched his 1980 general election campaign with a speech lauding “states’ rights” outside Philadelphia, Mississippi — the site of the notorious “Mississippi Burning” murder of three civil rights workers in 1964.

PHILADELPHIA, MS - 1964:  In this picture relaesed by the FBI and the State of Mississippi Attorney General's Office, the bodies of slain civil rights workers James Chaney, Andrew Goodman and Mickey Schwerner lie in an earthen dam June, 1964 just southwest of Philadelphia, Mississippi. The photograph was presented into evidence during the trial of Edgar Ray Killen, who is charged with the 1964 deaths of three civil rights workers June 17, 2005, in Philadelphia, Mississippi.  (Photo by FBI/State of Mississippi Attorney General's Office via Getty Images)

The bodies of slain civil rights workers James Chaney, Andrew Goodman and Mickey Schwerner lie in an earthen dam June, 1964 just southwest of Philadelphia, Mississippi.

James Chaney, Mickey Schwerner and Andrew Goodman were abducted and killed in Mississippi by the local Ku Klux Klan in June 1964 — a case that garnered enormous national attention because, as Schwerner’s widow said, he and Goodman were white.

On August 3, 1980, Reagan traveled to the Neshoba County Fair, which a prominent state Republican had recommended as the place to find “George Wallace-inclined voters.” There — within walking distance of the earthen dam where the murderers of the three civil rights workers had surreptitiously buried them just 16 years before — Reagan delivered a speech including these lines:

I know that in speaking to this crowd, that I’m speaking to what has to be about 90 percent Democrat. I just meant by party affiliation. I didn’t mean how you feel now. I was a Democrat most of my life myself. …

I believe in states’ rights. … And I believe that we’ve distorted the balance of our government today by giving powers that were never intended in the Constitution to that federal establishment. …

As columnist William Raspberry wrote upon Reagan’s death, his endorsement of “states’ rights” — the same phrase white Southerners had used for decades to justify Jim Crow segregation — was “bitter symbolism for black Americans” and “an important bouquet in [GOP] courtship” of Dixiecrats.

The “states’ rights” reference was just one of many racist dog-whistles Reagan employed throughout his political career. During his unsuccessful 1976 run for the Republican presidential nomination, Reagan decried “welfare queens” and a “strapping young buck” who bought T-bone steaks with food stamps. In his 1984 reelection campaign he even returned to Philadelphia and declared that “the South shall rise again.”

From: https://theintercept.com/2015/09/16/seven-things-reagan-wont-mentioned-tonight-gops-debate/

19 hours ago, homersapien said:

However, I did find an article of him praising Trump

I guess you missed the article about him comparing Trump to Satan...

Do you really need "evidence" that racists vote for democrats as well? 

@AuCivilEng1 clarified his remarks. I appreciate you jumping in though. 

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Trump is an incompetent, narcissistic psychopath and it will take years to repair the damage he has caused the country.  And on some level, I think you know that.

Your form of argumentation :laugh:

20 hours ago, homersapien said:

It's absolutely true, just before your time.  And it's not my job to "persuade" you, much less educate you. 

Educate yourself and read up on it.  Heck, start with Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_South

(And don't forget the references list.)

I think that's part of the issue. You "educate" yourself with wikipedia, the daily beast, snopes, vice, huff po opinion pieces, etc. 

Your cup of indoctrination is overflowing. Unfortunately, more times than not, it lacks congruency a fundamental, achievable aspiration afforded to all in our democratic society: the ability to persuade your fellow citizen

The form of one's argumentation is often commensurate with the density of their study. Brother Homer, dig deeper. I certainly think you're capable. I believe in you bud.   

16 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I think that's part of the issue. You "educate" yourself with wikipedia, the daily beast, snopes, vice, huff po opinion pieces, etc. 

Your cup of indoctrination is overflowing. Unfortunately, more times than not, it lacks congruency a fundamental, achievable aspiration afforded to all in our democratic society: the ability to persuade your fellow citizen

The form of one's argumentation is often commensurate with the density of their study. Brother Homer, dig deeper. I certainly think you're capable. I believe in you bud.   

Sometimes history hurts, particularly if you are a southerner. 

But part of growing up is accepting the truth of it.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

:kiss3:

I just re-read my comment. Was a bit too harsh. My apologies Brother Homer. You make the forum fun. 

On 2/23/2019 at 9:24 AM, homersapien said:

take years to repair the damage he has caused the country

It will take years to repair the damage the leftist reaction to his presidency has caused. To some level you know that. 

On 2/23/2019 at 3:13 PM, homersapien said:

The south was once termed "solid south" meaning democrat. Attitudes in the south did not change. Political parties did change

On 2/23/2019 at 9:24 AM, homersapien said:

No. No they don’t. They’ve been conditioned to ignore corruption if it’s their guy. They are a cult and Trump is their god. 

Archived