#KeepGus

jptiger

14 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

You've got a good point. 

It's just that many of us over-emotional grown ass men, even when we're acting like a bunch of sarcastic-ass women, have had enough of our half-ass coach.

I'm not talking about you...lol. I'm referring to the Gus clingers, they're reacting out of emotions because they just can't let go. They can't allow themselves to realize what's come to pass.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Hi Kristy!

You couldn't possibly be more wrong than you are right now. Lol. 

On 11/24/2018 at 10:18 PM, corchjay said:

You’re exactly right.  Boy it sure is easy to throw around other people’s money with firing a staff then hiring another staff.  Not sure what the cost would be but I’m sure we’ll over $50 million just to start and then whatever buyout you assure the next staff probably at a minimum another 20 or so million.   So you are throwing 70 million around with a hope they can be more consistent then Gus teams have been... surely we aren’t discussing accomplishments because Gus has to be in our top 3 for 5 year coaches accomplishments...  so what I get is we are will to throw 70 million consistent 10 win guy but no championships.

This and to be honest not really any splash, type of money to hire. 

I whole heartedly  want Gus out from this disaster but I honestly believe if Bryant comes Gus will turn it around.(offense atleast)He is good enough to extend plays with good enough accuracy accuracy , and good enough athlete to run true zone reads. 

Jay, I know offensive line was very inconsistent to put it nicely but think they will be improved. Which position is your most worry for next year ? I think losing Deshaun Davis and Williams going to be tough. 

I know we got to really wait to see who goes to draft and transfers but right now for NEXT year what’s your biggest worry?

2 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

This and to be honest not really any splash, type of money to hire. 

I whole heartedly  want Gus out from this disaster but I honestly believe if Bryant comes Gus will turn it around.(offense atleast)He is good enough to extend plays with good enough accuracy accuracy , and good enough athlete to run true zone reads. 

Jay, I know offensive line was very inconsistent to put it nicely but think they will be improved. Which position is your most worry for next year ? I think losing Deshaun Davis and Williams going to be tough. 

I know we got to really wait to see who goes to draft and transfers but right now for NEXT year what’s your biggest worry?

Biggest worry next year for me is if Stidham returns to AU please leave!

beyond that linebackers as T-Will has shown nothing on the coaching development front for people to praise him so much.  He’s brought in 1 backer with SEC size in Harris but he’s down the depth chart so that probably means he hasn’t picked up the scheme yet or isn’t as talented as others.  We have a bunch of 5-11 and 6’ LBs that are quick but aren’t run stoppers like our backers are supposed to be.  DeShaun has had a good couple years but I think that is more on his dedication not because of coaching.  We bitch and complain about Horton and not having SEC type running backs yet he’s produced all Americans all sec players and sec players of the year.  It’s been years since we’ve had a 1st team all sec linebacker.  

OL seemed to make some good strides the last 3 games.  Experience does that but I still don’t think this group can be a top 3 line in the conference.  

I expect good things from the DBs if we can stalemate the other teams rushing game any.  

6 hours ago, corchjay said:

beyond that linebackers as T-Will has shown nothing on the coaching development front for people to praise him so much.  He’s brought in 1 backer with SEC size in Harris but he’s down the depth chart so that probably means he hasn’t picked up the scheme yet or isn’t as talented as others.  We have a bunch of 5-11 and 6’ LBs that are quick but aren’t run stoppers like our backers are supposed to be.  DeShaun has had a good couple years but I think that is more on his dedication not because of coaching.  We bitch and complain about Horton and not having SEC type running backs yet he’s produced all Americans all sec players and sec players of the year.  It’s been years since we’ve had a 1st team all sec linebacker.  

OL seemed to make some good strides the last 3 games.  Experience does that but I still don’t think this group can be a top 3 line in the conference.  

I expect good things from the DBs if we can stalemate the other teams rushing game any.  

Disagree completely with linebackers. We were absolutely pathetic at linebacker. Couldn't produce at all. I mean the bottom of the barrel. We have been good at linebacker, even this year we weren't terrible. We weren't miss st good but we were ok. More heat should be on garner than anybody.....as far as who we recruit that's on the head coach or at least the DC. We had years like the one where we didn't take Zach Cunningham.....he was first team. He's a NFL backer but we just didn't want him.....there are plenty of guys we just passed on. But we have commits from big linebackers. Same guys that all the other big schools want. 

8 hours ago, leglessdan said:

I'm not talking about you...lol. I'm referring to the Gus clingers, they're reacting out of emotions because they just can't let go. They can't allow themselves to realize what's come to pass.

Yeah, the clingers will cling a while longer, but they'll eventually come around.  Hopefully it won't take another 5-loss season to convince them.

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Disagree completely with linebackers. We were absolutely pathetic at linebacker. Couldn't produce at all. I mean the bottom of the barrel. We have been good at linebacker, even this year we weren't terrible. We weren't miss st good but we were ok. More heat should be on garner than anybody.....as far as who we recruit that's on the head coach or at least the DC. We had years like the one where we didn't take Zach Cunningham.....he was first team. He's a NFL backer but we just didn't want him.....there are plenty of guys we just passed on. But we have commits from big linebackers. Same guys that all the other big schools want. 

I do agree with what you are saying but if I remember correctly no one went after Cunningham.  He was just one of those surprise players.  I do think with Garner, he is what we think he is in a really good coach.  He had one down year in 2015(?) but in that year our best player on the line was out (Lawson).  Hopefully this says the same about our OL this year where we turn things around the following year.

10 hours ago, leglessdan said:

You couldn't possibly be more wrong than you are right now. Lol. 

Your most recent post clarified your position better so my apologies.

9 hours ago, corchjay said:

What reason is there for optimism with this secondary who gave up 5 TDs in one half against Bama. 

9 hours ago, corchjay said:

Who was praising T-Will about his x' & o"s? T-Will is still learning. Steele is the one "coaching" the LBers. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Who was praising T-Will about his x' & o"s? T-Will is still learning. Steele is the one "coaching" the LBers. 

Everyone but you and I.  

4 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

What reason is there for optimism with this secondary who gave up 5 TDs in one half against Bama. 

Youth, talent, and coaching in my opinion 

Just now, corchjay said:

Everyone but you and I.  

Must has missed that. Pretty sure I tried to point this out when the "hire T-Will for DC" threads started to pop up. I think T-Will can get to the "elite" level of coaching. But he has a ways to go. 

T-Will is "elite" in recruiting. As good as AU has had. 

On 11/24/2018 at 8:44 PM, doug3020 said:

If i'm LSU, UGA or turds I'd say the same.

Jeopardy Question:

What phrase did Gus Malzahn use that led to two unsportsmanlike penalties for The University of Auburn in 2018?

Ans: Bullcrap (laughter ensues).

Hell, MooState fans want him to stay because they know they have 50/50 shot at beating him. :sad2:

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Must has missed that. Pretty sure I tried to point this out when the "hire T-Will for DC" threads started to pop up. I think T-Will can get to the "elite" level of coaching. But he has a ways to go. 

T-Will is "elite" in recruiting. As good as AU has had. 

I don’t disagree with that but we do need to go offer some larger backers.  

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Agree. That isn't on T-Will. Gus and Steele. 

Gus maybe on character but Steele and T-Will on talent evaluation.  Not that any of it matters other then it needs to be addressed by someone.  I don’t mind small backers but I think we could get some bigger guys that may take a year longer to get into SEC shape.  To be able to get off and work through guards getting up to them.  

T will is a position coach who is great at his most important thing right now. Point him to the guy that you want to get and he goes out and get himhim. So good that they don't just use him on linebackers, whatever position. 

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

T will is a position coach who is great at his most important thing right now. Point him to the guy that you want to get and he goes out and get himhim. So good that they don't just use him on linebackers, whatever position. 

That’s not his only job it’s to coach the backers to.  He’s a good recruiter I’ll give him that.  I’m not down on T-Will at all just would like a mixing of the approach at linebacker.  Get some talented big guys to go with the talented small guys.  

But for those now saying they have been critical of T-Will... not talking about you WDE but everyone else coming to say everyone has been saying it is wrong.  You have people saying T-Will is the one guy you can’t lose or make him the DC.  Heck I’m surprised some haven’t said to make him coach in waiting.  

Im not attacking T-Will it’s just linebackers are my biggest worry for next seasons team.  

8 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

You mean A4E and like one other person

No I mean everyone but WDE and I... other then that no one else.   Find one other post other then WDE and I in the discussion about Steele being up for a head coach somewhere.  

Just now, corchjay said:

No I mean everyone but WDE and I...

Who was praising T-Will's x's and o's from that thread, except for one or two posters who suggested promoting him? Who was arguing with you?

43 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Gus maybe on character but Steele and T-Will on talent evaluation.  Not that any of it matters other then it needs to be addressed by someone.  I don’t mind small backers but I think we could get some bigger guys that may take a year longer to get into SEC shape.  To be able to get off and work through guards getting up to them.  

Steele has complete autonomy on who we take on the D side of the ball (barring character concerns) within the numbers Gus gives him. T-Will follows Steele's directives on LB recruiting.

15 minutes ago, corchjay said:

That’s not his only job it’s to coach the backers to.  He’s a good recruiter I’ll give him that.  I’m not down on T-Will at all just would like a mixing of the approach at linebacker.  Get some talented big guys to go with the talented small guys.  

But for those now saying they have been critical of T-Will... not talking about you WDE but everyone else coming to say everyone has been saying it is wrong.  You have people saying T-Will is the one guy you can’t lose or make him the DC.  Heck I’m surprised some haven’t said to make him coach in waiting.  

Im not attacking T-Will it’s just linebackers are my biggest worry for next seasons team.  

I know it's not his only job, I was stating what I said because he may hold the most important aspect right now in the situation we are in.

I agree with you if people are calling his x and o's prowess exceptional or anything like that. 

Archived