#KeepGus

jptiger

17 minutes ago, corchjay said:

No I disagree on firing now.  Next year maybe.  But I am tired of the hate here.  

I don't hate Gus. I just hate his inability to run a football program. I wouldn't even hate that except that he's Auburn's HC.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I’m sure they want to keep around the only coach in the conference to ever beat their coach.  If it is a real hashtag going around it’s just to run a little salt in the wounds from today’s loss

I'm sure I'd be OK with any team's coach my coach was doubling them up on wins...but thats just me..

5 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I'm sure I'd be OK with any team's coach my coach was doubling them up on wins...but thats just me..

Who are they not doubling up or tripling up.  The only coach in the conference that has beaten Saban is Gus.  Personally I don’t care what Bama wants or pokes fun at.  I care about 1 team and Bama ain’t it

7 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Who are they not doubling up or tripling up.  The only coach in the conference that has beaten Saban is Gus.  Personally I don’t care what Bama wants or pokes fun at.  I care about 1 team and Bama ain’t it

It seems you have a thumbs down stalker Jay. Agreed with your point; in a way the Turds are oddly obsessed with us. Can’t worry about beating a specific team. Just have to be the best team you can be. 

12 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I don't think I'm the one who brought it up. And you do see the contradiction in your post, no? 

You mention what other teams are doing vs them compared to Gus but Auburn is the only team you care about.

Mmmmkay.

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It seems you have a thumbs down stalker Jay. Agreed with your point; in a way the Turds are oddly obsessed with us. Can’t worry about beating a specific team. Just have to be the best team you can be. 

Bro being a sunshine pumper is hard work.  I don’t get it.  But it very obvious if you veer from the masses you’re a target.  On a fricking football board lol.  

Be the best we can be.  That’s my hope.  Actually my hope is we win every game 100-0 from now til the end of time.

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I don't think I'm the one who brought it up. And you do see the contradiction in your post, no? 

You mention what other teams are doing vs them compared to Gus but Auburn is the only team you care about.

Mmmmkay.

Thanks I take back my comparison then.  I’m disappointed my coach didn’t take us to the national champion this season like he did his first year.  I’m disappointed he didn’t win the west and play for an SEC title like he did last year.  I hate he has only beaten Bama twice.  I want to beat them every year just like I do all other teams.  That better?

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Bro being a sunshine pumper is hard work.  I don’t get it.  But it very obvious if you veer from the masses you’re a target.  On a fricking football board lol.  

Be the best we can be.  That’s my hope.  Actually my hope is we win every game 100-0 from now til the end of time. But if we lose 0-100 from now til the end of time, I'm good with that, too!!

FIFY.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I think you have me confused with the Gus haters hoping we lose games so Gus gets fired.  Never have never will wish AU loses.

I actually do not think that at all. I do wonder if you GAS.

Just now, corchjay said:

If I GAS?

Yeah. The state of the program as it is doesn't seem to phase you. I'm only going by your posts since I obviously don't know you personally.

3 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Yeah. The state of the program as it is doesn't seem to phase you. I'm only going by your posts since I obviously don't know you personally.

I’ll take a coach who takes us to a national championship game every 5 years now 6... plays for 2 SEC championships winning 1...   and directing the offense of our last national championship just 3 years before becoming the head coach.  

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I’ll take a coach who takes us to a national championship game every 5 years now 6... plays for 2 SEC championships winning 1...   and directing the offense of our last national championship just 3 years before becoming the head coach.  

AUFamily, I can't help @corchjay.

Good night...🌜

1 minute ago, Swamp Eagle said:

AUFamily, I can't help @corchjay.

Good night...🌜

I don’t need help.  Thanks for the thoughts tho.  It’s ok to have differing opinions I don’t try to force mine on anyone else

1 hour ago, Grimnir said:

Curious as to why not this year instead of next.  Is it due to the buyout, the vote of confidence by Leath and Green?

Buyout for me. We already use over $4.5 million in student money to subsidize the athletic program. I don't believe that academic money won't be used in the buyout.

I think that firing him for a winning season 1 year into the new contract will be a negative in regards to individuals wanting to take the  Auburn job. If he flames again in year two of it then there is stronger justification.

The same individuals involved in the hiring of Chizik and Gus will once again be involved (the real men, not the puppets). I have no faith in them making a hire that improves the program. I believe we will end up with a hire that will put us in the exact same spot that Gus will if he goes as people predict.

Our money men are some of the biggest known meddlers in the country historically, they are not going to allow a coach to have the control they will want , and I don't think a proven coach will be interested in the Auburn job with Saban's Alabama in their backyard.

I think that two years of sink or swim for Gus will put us in a better position to move forward. He either figures it out and we are good. Or he doesn't, but by not firing him so quickly we improve our chances of getting a better quality coach versus inserting a 3 year place holder and being in the position of paying off two coaches while supporting a third.

2 hours ago, jptiger said:

Anybody else seeing this hashtag from turd  fans? Seems we have a little Mike Shula situation here at Auburn. I myself never felt concerned while he was there. Any thought?

Whatever.  It's just social media.  We wouldn't be the butt of these types of jokes if we didn't suck.  

Get used to it, though, because Gus will be bringing his s---show clown act back next season.  

1 minute ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Buyout for me. We already use over $4.5 million in student money to subsidize the athletic program. I don't believe that academic money won't be used in the buyout.

I think that firing him for a winning season 1 year into the new contract will be a negative in regards to individuals wanting to take the  Auburn job. If he flames again in year two of it then there is stronger justification.

The same individuals involved in the hiring of Chizik and Gus will once again be involved (the real men, not the puppets). I have no faith in them making a hire that improves the program. I believe we will end up with a hire that will put us in the exact same spot that Gus will if he goes as people predict.

Our money men are some of the biggest known meddlers in the country historically, they are not going to allow a coach to have the control they will want , and I don't think a proven coach will be interested in the Auburn job with Saban's Alabama in their backyard.

I think that two years of sink or swim for Gus will put us in a better position to move forward. He either figures it out and we are good. Or he doesn't, but by not firing him so quickly we improve our chances of getting a better quality coach versus inserting a 3 year place holder and being in the position of paying off two coaches while supporting a third.

I see your logic, and while I am not a gus supporter and I do want him gone, I don't feel like the crop of potential coaches is that strong.  Admittedly I don't keep tabs on all that.  The thing that concerns me moving forward - supposing we do keep him - is there does not seem to be a plan offensively.  As an example, we have a bunch of QBs, but half of them are pocket passers and the other half seem to be dual threat type QBs, and from what I gather Bo Nix is a pocket passer.  So what type of QB should be running our offense?  It just seems like we don't have a clear direction.  I can understand having guys on the roster that have different skills, but we don't ever really use them.  I know others on the board have used to square peg-round hole analogy in regards to play calling and game planning but the analogy seem apt.  Maybe I'm just not getting it.

I also can understand the concern with taking $ from academics to pay a coach's buyout and I agree that any buyout should be shouldered by the athletic dept.

Just my 2 cents.

2 minutes ago, Grimnir said:

I see your logic, and while I am not a gus supporter and I do want him gone, I don't feel like the crop of potential coaches is that strong.  Admittedly I don't keep tabs on all that.  The thing that concerns me moving forward - supposing we do keep him - is there does not seem to be a plan offensively.  As an example, we have a bunch of QBs, but half of them are pocket passers and the other half seem to be dual threat type QBs, and from what I gather Bo Nix is a pocket passer.  So what type of QB should be running our offense?  It just seems like we don't have a clear direction.  I can understand having guys on the roster that have different skills, but we don't ever really use them.  I know others on the board have used to square peg-round hole analogy in regards to play calling and game planning but the analogy seem apt.  Maybe I'm just not getting it.

I also can understand the concern with taking $ from academics to pay a coach's buyout and I agree that any buyout should be shouldered by the athletic dept.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm with my friends thoughts at the moment. If we are changing OC's then take a shot at Kingsbury if he is indeed fired (don't think it is official yet). He would do well with the passing QB's.

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

Be the best we can be.  That’s my hope.  Actually my hope is we win every game 100-0 from now til the end of time.

This is nothing. NOBODY went through what I did with SW.  I don't see how you can still stick up for Gus and know football

6 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

I'm with my friends thoughts at the moment. If we are changing OC's then take a shot at Kingsbury if he is indeed fired (don't think it is official yet). He would do well with the passing QB's.

I like the idea of Kingsbury more that I do Freeze.

8 hours ago, doug3020 said:

If i'm LSU, UGA or turds I'd say the same.

Jeopardy Question:

What phrase did Gus Malzahn use that led to two unsportsmanlike penalties for The University of Auburn in 2018?

Ans: Bullcrap (laughter ensues).

didn't know you were on the field to know all that was said.  Also, if you think any coach anywhere gets an unsportsmanlike penalty for saying bullcrap, well, let's just say you need to educate yourself a bit more.

Archived