Best case scenario for 2018?

jskilgro

On 10/15/2018 at 7:42 AM, DAG said:

7-5 which is a stretch. Makes me sick that this team isn’t a top 25 caliber group. Makes me even more sick that a select few still defend this nonsense.

I cant imagine a world where a fringe playoff team loses one RB, replaces him with two (or three I guess if you count boobert)  4 star RBs, gets fantastic skill position talents in Shivers and Schwartz. Loses virtually no one receiver wise, only end up losing 2 or 3 OLinemen, and then the bottom just comes out for the offense which leads to a top 10 defenses also collapsing. AND THEN ON TOP OF THIS, the one phase of that fringe playoff team, special teams, actually improves, and we waste it

This isnt gonna be the worst Auburn season but considering how meh the SEC is outside of Bama and LSU, and considering how volatile the NCAA has been aside from the other team in the state, this feels like a HUGE disappointment. Four game homestand, no ranked teams between LSU and UGA, all wasted

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best case scenario is they only lose one more game in regular season.

Worst case scenario is they lose them all. 

Most realistic scenario is they finish at 5-7 or possibly 6-6 and make the B'ham bowl again.

It’s for sure we r not bearing uat or uga at their house. Extremely doubtful that we can beat TAM . Highly undoubtedly that we beat OM . Liberty  is not a sure win after they beat Troy.my guess at this point is 7-5 would be a dream 6-6 looks highly unlikely. Probably 5-7 but 4-8 is not out of question at this point. Team has a lot of injuries. Cohesion is not there. Attitude is waning. Finger pointing and doibt are present. Not sure at this point there are enough leaders available to turn anything around. At best we are treading water waiting on a life jacket. 

Best case scenario...

Auburn destroys all comers moving forward, kills Oklahoma in a NY6 game, and Auburn STILL fires Malzahn.

On 10/14/2018 at 10:25 PM, jskilgro said:

8-4 is the absolute best record we could *possibly* finish with - including a win against a beatable UGA team. 

looks like 5-7 from where I sit, though. 

UGA may be "beatable" by LSU in Baton Rouge.  Not by us. Anywhere.

On 10/15/2018 at 9:08 AM, Auburn2Eugene said:

This is Auburn. Hopefully our new AD Allen Greene won't be quite so frivolous. Let's also hope he limits the PTBs actual power. 

At least Greene is getting a schooling in practical experience.

Archived