It's just a game

CleCoTiger

6 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Don't feel bad CleCo

Lionel Messi

Ken Griffey Jr.

Tim Tebow

Michael Jordan

Meanwhile all of those guys were ready to kill somebody if they don't win....

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Hey, I didn't see Aaron Hernandez on that list. ;) 

1 hour ago, im4aual said:

To everyone who thinks losing a football game is the end of all happiness in their life and cause for great upheaval in every aspect of life, I am envious - your life must be completely trouble free if this is the biggest thing that you have to worry about.  I had surgery to remove a malignant tumor two weeks ago, I have to go back every three months to check and see if it has spread to my lungs or brain.  I wish football was my biggest concern.  If the outcome of a football game is the end of the world for you, go to the local children's hospital and walk around the oncology ward for a little perspective.  Go to a VA hospital and see the scars of our veterans.  Go to a 12 step meeting and witness the people trying to reclaim their life from drug and alcohol addiction.  Get some perspective.  I am by know means new to Auburn football.  I graduated from Auburn, as did both my parents, a brother, son, and nephew.  I've had season tickets since 1977.  I served a three year term on the Athletics Advisory Council and am currently on the Tigers Unlimited Council.  Auburn is more than winning or losing a game, try to remember that the next time someone reminds you (correctly) that it is just a game.  Let the retaliation to the truth begin in 3,2,1........

My prayers are definitely with you.  Praying God's working His miracle as we speak!  Just keep Psalm 118:17 in your thoughts.  

"I will not die, but live; and proclaim the works of The Lord."

Keep fighting the good fight!!  

War Eagle and God bless!

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

About to sit in the chemo chair for my 4th round.  It IS just a game for us fans, trust me.

However, to the coaches, it is their (lucrative) livelihood and to some players it's POTENTIAL for their future livelihood.

It's all in your perspective...

The players deserve better.  The fans can move on with their lives.  ... although I'm sure working with bammers & mutts makes it harder.  I feel for y'all!

War Eagle!

I do hope you have a stress-free chemo round today 72 (if that is possible). Praying for that.

2 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

I do hope you have a stress-free chemo round today 72 (if that is possible). Praying for that.

The nurses here are fantastic and we actually have met some nice people.  As long as I don't have to puke we good, HAHA!

Paraphrasing but,

"You don't do things right once in awhile, you do them right all of the time.  Winning is a habit; unfortunately so is losing."

The game of basketball has been everything to me. My place of refuge, place I've always gone where I needed comfort and peace. It's been the site of intense pain and the most intense feelings of joy and satisfaction. It's a relationship that has evolved over time, given me the greatest respect and love for the game.

- Michael Jordan

yeah completely just a game to this guy

The bottom line is anybody can take an excerpt of what someone says and make it support their agenda. The reality is it is not just a game. If it was just a game, then why have a football forum to have these discussions ? We could just be fine watching the game and spending time with the family. Why support a university to spend millions of dollars on a coach, leading a child’s game? Wouldn’t that money be better off going to someone like the dean’s of nursing ? Why do you have to tell someone it’s just a game, if it is truly just a game? It’s a business. If it is just for fun then tell these professional athletes to take a huge pay cut. 

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

Meanwhile all those guys were actually the athletes on the field also and not a fan.

Why are we attacking one individual that isn't an athlete that has no impact on the game because he refuses to let it negatively impact his life? Why does he have to have a loser mentality or be a shameful person?

That is my problem here. Go after the coaches and the players. Their attitude is the one that impacts the game. Don't call someone a loser and shameful though just cause they don't personally invest in it at the same level you do.

10 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Meanwhile all those guys were actually the athletes on the field also and not a fan.

Why are we attacking one individual that isn't an athlete that has no impact on the game because he refuses to let it negatively impact his life? Why does he have to have a loser mentality or be a shameful person?

That is my problem here. Go after the coaches and the players. Their attitude is the one that impacts the game. Don't call someone a loser and shameful though just cause they don't personally invest in it at the same level you do.

I didn't know he was being attacked....I missed it. I didn't read every post on this thread. But I'm not going to be the most soft hearted guy on this particular subject....I didn't have people coming to my rescue. 

But weren't you the one who used the athletes quotes?

4 hours ago, DAG said:

The game of basketball has been everything to me. My place of refuge, place I've always gone where I needed comfort and peace. It's been the site of intense pain and the most intense feelings of joy and satisfaction. It's a relationship that has evolved over time, given me the greatest respect and love for the game.

- Michael Jordan

yeah completely just a game to this guy

The bottom line is anybody can take an excerpt of what someone says and make it support their agenda. The reality is it is not just a game. If it was just a game, then why have a football forum to have these discussions ? We could just be fine watching the game and spending time with the family. Why support a university to spend millions of dollars on a coach, leading a child’s game? Wouldn’t that money be better off going to someone like the dean’s of nursing ? Why do you have to tell someone it’s just a game, if it is truly just a game? It’s a business. If it is just for fun then tell these professional athletes to take a huge pay cut. 

There are forums of discussion for everything from sports to properly canning peaches.

My father died years ago, wish I would of had more time just to spend with him watching Auburn football.

I don't, all my donations are written to specific academic departments.

Absolutely it would, I have no issue stripping money from the athletic department and putting it back into academics for the students. That 4 million plus that is taken from students would be the first place I would start.

Why do you have to call someone a loser and shameful because they believe it is just a game? Why can't their be different opinions for different people?

It is a business, and many of the things involved with the direction of CFB business wise is driving me from the sport.

1 minute ago, Texan4Auburn said:

There are forums of discussion for everything from sports to properly canning peaches.

My father died years ago, wish I would of had more time just to spend with him watching Auburn football.

I don't, all my donations are written to specific academic departments.

Absolutely it would, I have no issue stripping money from the athletic department and putting it back into academics for the students. That 4 million plus that is taken from students would be the first place I would start.

Why do you have to call someone a loser and shameful because they believe it is just a game? Why can't their be different opinions for different people?

It is a business, and many of the things involved with the direction of CFB business wise is driving me from the sport.

Oh did I call him a loser? Just saying this is just not a sport. It is absolutely a business. To deny that is simply wrong.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Oh did I call him a loser? Just saying this is just not a sport. It is absolutely a business. To deny that is simply wrong.

You didn't and I never said you did.

I used to get more riled up over the games when I was younger myself. I have a different view today than I did then.

But he was called stupid, told he had a loser mentality, and was told to never participate on this board or anything involving Auburn football again, and slammed for saying it was just a game to him.

Sports are a business but you will always have fans like my neighbor in Chicago that said "you wanna watch baseball go to a Sox game, Cub games are for skipping work, drinking beer, grabbing a dog, and enjoying the women that are there to get a tan."

36 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I didn't know he was being attacked....I missed it. I didn't read every post on this thread. But I'm not going to be the most soft hearted guy on this particular subject....I didn't have people coming to my rescue. 

But weren't you the one who used the athletes quotes?

Are you not one of the individuals that said saying it is just a game is shameful?

11 hours ago, gctiger said:

I’’m aged and experienced myself, and from what I was taught a number of years ago as an Auburn student, I personally don’t think that Auburn is getting a very good return on their $49 million investment in Gus, but to each his own.  

I have no trouble agreeing with this.

47 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

You didn't and I never said you did.

I used to get more riled up over the games when I was younger myself. I have a different view today than I did then.

But he was called stupid, told he had a loser mentality, and was told to never participate on this board or anything involving Auburn football again, and slammed for saying it was just a game to him.

Sports are a business but you will always have fans like my neighbor in Chicago that said "you wanna watch baseball go to a Sox game, Cub games are for skipping work, drinking beer, grabbing a dog, and enjoying the women that are there to get a tan."

I agree with the cubs sentiment lol.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

If this was an "attack" then 95% of the participants on this board needs to be banned.....including the "victim"

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

I agree with the cubs sentiment lol.

They were a blast with this guy, his company also had boxes but the majority of the time we would hit the outfield.

3 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

They were a blast with this guy, his company also had boxes but the majority of the time we would hit the outfield.

Man, I live in Milwaukee currently. It is rocking right now with the brewers.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Man, I live in Milwaukee currently. It is rocking right now with the brewers.

I bet, then they get to play a tradition rich program like the Dodgers. That would be a fun atmosphere I think.

Archived