It's just a game

CleCoTiger

13 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

I wont melt down and I won't call for firings or benchings.  It is just a game and I know that every player on the field and every coach on the staff is doing whatever they can do to help win.  And it is just a game.  Not the outcome I would like, but just a game. The sun comes up tomorrow. Our Tigers will be back to fight and win on another day.

War Eagle!

Yea they got Liberty left so they will win 1 more probably. By the way I got a bridge in NY if you want some property Mr. Gullible 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, selias said:

Thank you for providing a perfect example of why Auburn will never "get over the hump". Auburn fans accept mediocrity. A really good season every 10 years or so will keep them quiet.

I actually thought he was being sarcastic/comical. I see now that I was wrong. 

I do agree to the approach of not getting too high nor too low over situations you cannot control. I see far too many unhinged on these threads and that is not a good thing.

I got off the bus a couple years back at JH when he introduced the whirlybird. Can't find my way back on. 

14 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

We’ll probably hit 8-5 and that’s being generous

There's no way we hit 8-5.

I see no way we beat A&M or OM. 

Losing to UGA and the turds is a given.

I'm also concerned about being bowl eligible.

13 minutes ago, screamingeagle said:

I'm also concerned about being bowl eligible.

Me too.  I'd hate to see this team lose another bowl game in unprepared and unmotivated fashion.

I wont melt down and I won't call for firings or benchings.  It is just a game and I know that every player on the field and every coach on the staff is doing whatever they can do to help win.  And it is just a game.  Not the outcome I would like, but just a game. The sun comes up tomorrow. Our Tigers will be back to fight and win on another day.

War Eagle!

stupidity at its finest

CleCo Tiger

I don't think what you said is stupid.  It's not stupid at all.

Sports at the high school and college level is supposed to compliment education.  Teaches teamwork, dedication, etc.  But then school pride, over the top competition, and money got involved.  Winning became everything at any cost.  Players that have no intention to graduate (or even attend classes) are recruited by "dignified" schools that need to be policed by the NCAA.  It is and has been out of control for a very long time.   

But it is what it is.  And I want the school that I attended and who I brag about to friends, family, and coworkers to be as committed or even more committed to excellence than than all the other schools (especially the turds and UGA).  And thus it is hard to watch the mediocrity we are witnessing.  They can and should be playing better than this.

Like I mentioned last night, Miss St did us a favor by putting us in our place this early. We all knew by the time the LSU game was over that this team wouldn’t win a dang thing this season.  It would have hurt more to stumble through the weak SEC opponents and then get slapped back to reality by Georgia in Athens being ranked in the top 5. The season is what it is. Hopefully this brings us one step closer to fixing the problem, whether it be finding a new head coach or bringing in a Muschamp for our offense (Hugh Freeze or a Briles). We always have Equestrian. 

31 minutes ago, countoff said:

War Eagle!

stupidity at its finest

CleCo Tiger

I don't think what you said is stupid.  It's not stupid at all.

Sports at the high school and college level is supposed to compliment education.  Teaches teamwork, dedication, etc.  But then school pride, over the top competition, and money got involved.  Winning became everything at any cost.  Players that have no intention to graduate (or even attend classes) are recruited by "dignified" schools that need to be policed by the NCAA.  It is and has been out of control for a very long time.   

But it is what it is.  And I want the school that I attended and who I brag about to friends, family, and coworkers to be as committed or even more committed to excellence than than all the other schools (especially the turds and UGA).  And thus it is hard to watch the mediocrity we are witnessing.  They can and should be playing better than this.

No disagreement here.  None.

16 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Ask yourself honestly if you were a decent OL or RB and had aspirations to play in the NFL would you really want to come to AU and play for this high school clown we call a coach?

How many players have already left or planning on leaving so far this year?

17 hours ago, Beenjammin said:

I’m just mad that those TN tickets I got for $300 after the WA win won’t be worth $25 now....

In fact, you might have to PAY $25 to get rid of them at this point...

Pump that sunshine!

I hate to break it to any of the remaining sunshine pumpers but at this point I think Enron stands a much better chance of prospering than Auburn Football.   

5 hours ago, gctiger said:

Pump that sunshine!

I hate to break it to any of the remaining sunshine pumpers but at this point I think Enron stands a much better chance of prospering than Auburn Football.   

Point to any sunshine in my post of this topic.  You can't.  I just have some perspective that comes with age and experience.  In the grand scheme of my life, AU football and all sports for that matter is just entertainment.   I wont lose my mind over any of it like I may have in my teens to mid 20's.  This season looks as if the entertainment will be less than great. Life goes on...

2 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

Point to any sunshine in my post of this topic.  You can't.  I just have some perspective that comes with age and experience.  In the grand scheme of my life, AU football and all sports for that matter is just entertainment.   I wont lose my mind over any of it like I may have in my teens to mid 20's.  This season looks as if the entertainment will be less than great. Life goes on...

I don’t disagree with your point of view. In fact, I agree with most of it in terms of scope and personal life.

What really sucks is that this game is supposed to be fun and entertaining. We look forward to this time of year once the last whistle blows in January. We hope that what we see on the field will make our day better.

And what we have been given is just rotten. 

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I don’t disagree with your point of view. In fact, I agree with most of it in terms of scope and personal life.

What really sucks is that this game is supposed to be fun and entertaining. We look forward to this time of year once the last whistle blows in January. We hope that what we see on the field will make our day better.

And what we have been given is just rotten. 

No disagreement here.  Had high hopes for a grand season.  Now I just hope our Tigers dig deep and find a way to pull a shocker or two at the end.  A pleasant shocker I mean. :)

Don't feel bad CleCo

"There are more important things in life than winning or losing a game. "

Lionel Messi

"I can't play being mad. I go out there and have fun. It's a game, and that's how I am going to treat it."

Ken Griffey Jr.

"We play a sport. It's a game. At the end of the day, that's all it is, is a game. It doesn't make you any better or any worse than anybody else. So by winning a game, you're no better. By losing a game, you're no worse. I think by keeping that mentality, it really keeps things in perspective for me to treat everybody the same. "

Tim Tebow

"Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game."

Michael Jordan

6 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Don't feel bad CleCo

Lionel Messi

Ken Griffey Jr.

Tim Tebow

Michael Jordan

Wow! Nice to have company. :) 

6 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

I’’m aged and experienced myself, and from what I was taught a number of years ago as an Auburn student, I personally don’t think that Auburn is getting a very good return on their $49 million investment in Gus, but to each his own.  

About to sit in the chemo chair for my 4th round.  It IS just a game for us fans, trust me.

However, to the coaches, it is their (lucrative) livelihood and to some players it's POTENTIAL for their future livelihood.

It's all in your perspective...

The players deserve better.  The fans can move on with their lives.  ... although I'm sure working with bammers & mutts makes it harder.  I feel for y'all!

War Eagle!

To everyone who thinks losing a football game is the end of all happiness in their life and cause for great upheaval in every aspect of life, I am envious - your life must be completely trouble free if this is the biggest thing that you have to worry about.  I had surgery to remove a malignant tumor two weeks ago, I have to go back every three months to check and see if it has spread to my lungs or brain.  I wish football was my biggest concern.  If the outcome of a football game is the end of the world for you, go to the local children's hospital and walk around the oncology ward for a little perspective.  Go to a VA hospital and see the scars of our veterans.  Go to a 12 step meeting and witness the people trying to reclaim their life from drug and alcohol addiction.  Get some perspective.  I am by no means new to Auburn football.  I graduated from Auburn, as did both my parents, a brother, son, and nephew.  I've had season tickets since 1977.  I served a three year term on the Athletics Advisory Council and am currently on the Tigers Unlimited Council.  Auburn is more than winning or losing a game, try to remember that the next time someone reminds you (correctly) that it is just a game.  Let the retaliation to the truth begin in 3,2,1........

2 hours ago, gctiger said:

I’’m aged and experienced myself, and from what I was taught a number of years ago as an Auburn student, I personally don’t think that Auburn is getting a very good return on their $49 million investment in Gus, but to each his own.  

No argument here on that 49 million dollar point. :) 

38 minutes ago, im4aual said:

To everyone who thinks losing a football game is the end of all happiness in their life and cause for great upheaval in every aspect of life, I am envious - your life must be completely trouble free if this is the biggest thing that you have to worry about.  I had surgery to remove a malignant tumor two weeks ago, I have to go back every three months to check and see if it has spread to my lungs or brain.  I wish football was my biggest concern.  If the outcome of a football game is the end of the world for you, go to the local children's hospital and walk around the oncology ward for a little perspective.  Go to a VA hospital and see the scars of our veterans.  Go to a 12 step meeting and witness the people trying to reclaim their life from drug and alcohol addiction.  Get some perspective.  I am by know means new to Auburn football.  I graduated from Auburn, as did both my parents, a brother, son, and nephew.  I've had season tickets since 1977.  I served a three year term on the Athletics Advisory Council and am currently on the Tigers Unlimited Council.  Auburn is more than winning or losing a game, try to remember that the next time someone reminds you (correctly) that it is just a game.  Let the retaliation to the truth begin in 3,2,1........

Damn, Out of likes again. But I appreciate that post very, very much. Thanks!

On edit...

Remiss to not wish you the best with your own recovery. 

War Eagle to you! 

Archived