It's just a game

CleCoTiger

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DAG said:

No for some of these kids, it is a potential livelihood.

Then they better get that good education while they have the opportunity, and don't trust in Gus, or ride the Gus bus to school!

1 hour ago, Maverick.AU said:

If Gus is doing the best to help the team win (on O) he needs to go back to high school.

Would be his greatest contribution this season

1 hour ago, Beenjammin said:

I personally know some of our starters that are upset with coaches and have expressed it verbally.  

Is that right?

2 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

I wont melt down and I won't call for firings or benchings.  It is just a game and I know that every player on the field and every coach on the staff is doing whatever they can do to help win.  And it is just a game.  Not the outcome I would like, but just a game. The sun comes up tomorrow. Our Tigers will be back to fight and win on another day.

War Eagle!

You and Gus makes two. WDE

I personally know some of our starters that are upset with coaches and have expressed it verbally.  Believe me, they are frustrated over the calls too.

If true, I'm seriously concerned about the locker room

2 hours ago, selias said:

Thank you for providing a perfect example of why Auburn will never "get over the hump". Auburn fans accept mediocrity. A really good season every 10 years or so will keep them quiet.

I can't like this post enough.

This meme is what Auburn football has become

this-is-fine.0.jpg

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

I'm 57 years old. folks.  What is important to me now are not necessarily things that were important to me half my lifetime ago.  I like AU football. I'm a fan.  I like it a lot more when our Tigers win. But when they lose I don't melt down over it any more.  It makes little difference to my tomorrow. Just a different perspective with age.

I'm 54, so I guess I've only got three years left to GAS...

I’m just mad that those TN tickets I got for $300 after the WA win won’t be worth $25 now....

Dude, you can get into any Iron Bowl for face value.  And that includes the Kick Six or last year.  Don't ever jump the gun on tickets to any game.

18 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

There’s always that guy . Loser mentality. Sounds like Gus ... it’s not the end of the world . 

Lol loser mentality. Plenty on here that packed it up and called it quits before the team ever hit the field against Washington. That isn't the attitude of winners either.

Look on the bright side, people wanted this type of season so they could get Gus out. If the season continues the way its predicted and it continues next year then he is out.

2 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

I wont melt down and I won't call for firings or benchings.  It is just a game and I know that every player on the field and every coach on the staff is doing whatever they can do to help win.  And it is just a game.  Not the outcome I would like, but just a game. The sun comes up tomorrow. Our Tigers will be back to fight and win on another day.

War Eagle!

Yours is the only post I read in this thread.  Please don't post again if this is how you feel.  Thanks.  In fact, don't log onto this board again and read anything about Auburn football anywhere else in public.

1 hour ago, beaumak said:

well not the exact quote I want but you get the point...

Cool, so we go get a girl off the soccer team. Drive to Tuscaloosa and start a bar fight with their players and we got the Iron Bowl in the bag then. So there is one victory, whats the plan for the other games?

Lol, my brother in law is one of the guys playing racquetball in the student rec scene of that movie.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

No for some of these kids, it is a potential livelihood. I feel that they are being done a great disservice however. That’s all I will say in terms of that.

NCM and Seth Williams could sue for malpractice and they’re not alone.

3 hours ago, weathergeakal said:

it's just a game??? FYI we are done for the year. We ain't making the playoff even if we win out. 

Did you really think we were going to after LSU?

Iron Bowl is gonna be one of the ugliest in history...The defense might be the only reason uat doesn't score over 40.

2 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Lol loser mentality. Plenty on here that packed it up and called it quits before the team ever hit the field against Washington. That isn't the attitude of winners either.

Look on the bright side, people wanted this type of season so they could get Gus out. If the season continues the way its predicted and it continues next year then he is out.

Maybe so but there are also plenty on here that don’t “pack it up” they express concerns of the team that will get us beat like tonight . 

It hasn’t really been about the loss’s for me , yeah they suck . It’s more so how Auburn has been losing this year . 

I have been to almost every game this year and the team looks like they play with that “it’s just a game mentality.” It’s been weird , from beginning to end of LSU players were flat for most part. 

Its got to mean more then just a game to be the best . So yes ,  it’s just a game is a loser mentality. It’s just a game is for youth sports . Gus is suppose to be teaching the players that it means more and that they are at Auburn because it means more . 

It does so much more then “it’s just a game.” It teaches these to fight in anything they choose after college because one day something is going  determine that and when that moment comes they know they will win because they were demanded the very best and that losing was not acceptable. I know you are speaking more of fans, but good gosh why is it so acceptable now to be ok with losing ?

I agree with your statement , I myself have said negative things before. Not throwing in towel before season or after Washington , but usually after 24 hours I’m back after a lose . I fight off UGA fans year around so they just add to it . Haha Not coming at you more trying to defend my statement, which  while looking back at it was a little harsh . 

As far as Gus... stays , resigns , fired whatever, the job comes with the territory . You want that big contract , get that big contract, you better win Every year. He’s not getting mediocre Salary , I’m not paying a mediocre price tag for season tickets , so why is it ok to put a mediocre team on the field cause of lack of development and preparation. (My opinion) 

He doesn’t have a salary price tag that says do good every now and then .

Now Steele , And I know D gave up some yards but hell let’s be honest they stay on the field . Again my opinion, I feel like the defensive players would run though a brick wall for him. Hoping  we don’t have more tranfers or lose recruits but I have a feeling it’s right around the corner. 

This turned into a rant , been long day. War Eagle 🍻 to ruining some others teams seasons ! Thank you forum allowing me to vent .

3 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Then why bother with a message board????

More and more I don't.  My post count isn't exactly zooming these days.  That said, is having a melt down a requirement to post on an AU board?  If so it's not the same as days gone by.  I lived through Shug's final season and the Barfield era.  I made it through Chiz's winless SEC season. I figure I can make it through this. :)

War Eagle!

9 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

War Eagle!

Nice post, Gus. 

9 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

War Eagle!

Your sunny outlook no doubt serves you well in life (less stress, etc) but unfortunately it does not paint over the dumpster fire that is our once-proud football program that is now a laughing stock.  

11 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

War Eagle!

Thanks for the post.  

3 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

Your sunny outlook no doubt serves you well in life (less stress, etc) but unfortunately it does not paint over the dumpster fire that is our once-proud football program that is now a laughing stock.  

My outlook for the season is at this point far from sunny.  I expect things to be a struggle for this year's edition of our AU Tigers for the rest of this season with the exception of Liberty University on November 17th and *possibly* (but just possibly) Tennessee next Saturday.  These Tigers could give UT their first "big win" under Pruitt.  Damn sure hope not.  

Archived