It's just a game

CleCoTiger

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I wont melt down and I won't call for firings or benchings.  It is just a game and I know that every player on the field and every coach on the staff is doing whatever they can do to help win.  And it is just a game.  Not the outcome I would like, but just a game. The sun comes up tomorrow. Our Tigers will be back to fight and win on another day.

War Eagle!

er.gif

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

If it's "just a game" then why are we paying people millions to coach?  After all, it doesn't matter, right?

Wish I could get paid 7 mil to suck at my job

Well we knew this was coming but didn't think it would be this game. What is the deal with the officials this year? It's like they keep killing us. The announcers called it though about why don't we give our right tackle help with blocking? Our QB missed too many sure TDs tonight as he has lost his touch. Horrible down field throws, poor footwork etc. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Wish I could get paid 7 mil to suck at my job

Seriously!  I honestly feel that I could coach this team to 7 wins and I don't know x's and o's nearly as well as Gus.  But I'd damn sure let my coaches coach, get into a player's butt when needed, and know when to call time outs/go for it.  Dabo took off as a coach when he finally went hands off and just managed a game.  We need that badly.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Seriously!  I honestly feel that I could coach this team to 7 wins and I don't know x's and o's nearly as well as Gus.  But I'd damn sure let my coaches coach, get into a player's butt when needed, and know when to call time outs/go for it.  Dabo took off as a coach when he finally went hands off and just managed a game.  We need that badly.

This team with any of the coaches ahead of him, pay wise, is undefeated. But 2 losses before November bc of Gus 

5 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I'd thank you to stay away from the players' butts...

I understand the OP trying to be an optimistic good sport, but to many of us Auburn Natives and locals, it’s about the money this coach was paid. It’s about non-AU people making judgments calls involving millions of school dollars for this result.  I agree with the disappointment and anger. I wanted him gone even after we beat GA and Bama last year. 

There is a huge disconnect with our offense. I personally know some of our starters that are upset with coaches and have expressed it verbally.  Believe me, they are frustrated over the calls too.

It’s easier to accept this loss if our school had not paid this so called coach so much money. Such a waste of Auburn money and squandered talent.

If we play our best and lose to a good team... fine, but when announcers are laughing at our O-line and saying Chip needs to help them out... it’s embarrassing.

I'm 57 years old. folks.  What is important to me now are not necessarily things that were important to me half my lifetime ago.  I like AU football. I'm a fan.  I like it a lot more when our Tigers win. But when they lose I don't melt down over it any more.  It makes little difference to my tomorrow. Just a different perspective with age.

55 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I wont melt down and I won't call for firings or benchings.  It is just a game and I know that every player on the field and every coach on the staff is doing whatever they can do to help win.  And it is just a game.  Not the outcome I would like, but just a game. The sun comes up tomorrow. Our Tigers will be back to fight and win on another day.

War Eagle!

Folks like you are exactly why we are stuck with a highscool coach making 49 million dollars for embarrassing us. How can we ever thank you.

6 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Folks like you are exactly why we are stuck with a highscool coach making 49 million dollars for embarrassing us. How can we ever thank you.

Really? That's one of the dumbest things I have ever read.  Folks like me are responsible for nothing that happens on the field with our Tigers any more than the knee jerk melt down crowd is responsible for any success.  Geez. 

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

War Eagle!

Guess you’ve had some vodka too? War eagle ❤️ love my tigers always will 

9 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

well not the exact quote I want but you get the point...

I honestly applaud your approach @CleCoTiger, but at $7mil per year, it’s not a game, it’s a business. And the CEO is driving the company into a hole. Folks are going to vent after Auburn gets embarrassed like that with the talent AU has. It’s all the things those who have been leery of Gus have been saying all along all coming true at once. He a con, and it’s painful to watch because he’s conned our beloved university.

Our offensive line once again was awful. I do not think it can be fixed this season.or maybe even the next. How did we get here? How did we not convince hgh school offensive linemen to come to Auburn? The same for elite running backs? I am not giving up on Auburn by any means but I do realize that we have major issues right now.

What a depressing night!😒

4 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I honestly applaud your approach @CleCoTiger, but at $7mil per year, it’s not a game, it’s a business. And the CEO is driving the company into a hole. Folks are going to vent after Auburn gets embarrassed like that with the talent AU has. It’s all the things those who have been leery of Gus have been saying all along all coming true at once. He a con, and it’s painful to watch because he’s conned our beloved university.

I don’t think Gus is savvy enough to be a con man. He just sits back and lets that snake Sexton use him to ream us. Are there any coaches who don’t use that guy? Maybe that should be a dealbreaker next go around 

3 minutes ago, Sully to Beasley said:

Our offenisice line once again was awful. I do not think it can be fixed this season.or maybe even the next. How did we get here? How did we not convince hgh school offensive linemen to come to Auburn? The same for elite running backs? I am not giving up on Auburn by any means but I do realize that we have major issues right now.

What a depressing night!😒

Ask yourself honestly if you were a decent OL or RB and had aspirations to play in the NFL would you really want to come to AU and play for this high school clown we call a coach?

1 minute ago, AUJedi said:

I don’t think Gus is savvy enough to be a con man. He just sits back and lets that snake Sexton use him to ream us. Are there any coaches who don’t use that guy? Maybe that should be a dealbreaker next go around 

While I might agree with that how can aman who claims to be religious man steal money for a living because that is exactly what he is doing, I promise if I ever was paid by someone to do something and it turned out as bad his job has. I would have to offer not only to leave on my own but also to reimburse the money I was paid. We should never hire a coach again that is not willing to put it on the line that if they screw up they get nothing. If a coach actually is good and believes in his self he would be glad to make that part of the deal. Only a coach like Gus who didn’t believe in his self would have taken that buyout. Look at Saben his is 6 million. Why? Cause he believes in his ability.

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

While I might agree with that how can aman who claims to be religious man steal money for a living because that is exactly what he is doing, I promise if I ever was paid by someone to do something and it turned out as bad his job has. I would have to offer not only to leave on my own but also to reimburse the money I was paid. We should never hire a coach again that is not willing to put it on the line that if they screw up they get nothing. If a coach actually is good and believes in his self he would be glad to make that part of the deal. Only a coach like Gus who didn’t believe in his self would have taken that buyout. Look at Saben his is 6 million. Why? Cause he believes in his ability.

Didn’t I read something about Jon Gruden making some kind of deal like that with the Raiders? You’re right! That would be a stand up guy right there 

39 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

I'm 57 years old. folks.  What is important to me now are not necessarily things that were important to me half my lifetime ago.  I like AU football. I'm a fan.  I like it a lot more when our Tigers win. But when they lose I don't melt down over it any more.  It makes little difference to my tomorrow. Just a different perspective with age.

Then why bother with a message board????

Archived