womp womp the hate is real

aubiefifty

23 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

You’re definitely a puppet.

That's funny coming from someone who is so obviously immune to facts. 

That's a very problematic way to start life.   But then, you're probably immune to advice also.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

*Says the old guy who has told me that I’m also in a cult....

Hate to break it to you bud but I can’t say I give your assertions much credit. But by all means, continue pouring out your profound wisdom.

Respect your elders, whipper snapper. ;)

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That's funny coming from someone who is so obviously immune to facts. 

That's a very problematic way to start life.   But then, you're probably immune to advice also.

Glad I could help you laugh ya old grump :) 

love you Homer 

2 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I'll be in Auburn in two weeks.  Let me know which place you have a running tab. 

I haven’t been to Auburn in quite some time unfortunately. I hear it’s changing a lot. Not what it once was.

2 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I haven’t been to Auburn in quite some time unfortunately. I hear it’s changing a lot. Not what it once was.

What, 2 years ago?  :rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I'm there often.  It's always changing. 

10 minutes ago, homersapien said:

What, 2 years ago?  :rolleyes:

No. I haven’t lived there in roughly 6 years. Crazy how much has changed. Lots of new buildings and whatnot. It’s just not the same small town that I remember growing up in. 

Would’ve been nice to have invested in some Real Estate 10 years ago, ha

Do you still visit in football season?

9 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I'm there often.  It's always changing. 

What’re your thoughts on how much it’s grown? Seems like something is always being built. 

Crap I’ve derailed the thread.

4 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

No. I haven’t lived there in roughly 6 years. Crazy how much has changed. Lots of new buildings and whatnot. It’s just not the same small town that I remember growing up in. 

Would’ve been nice to have invested in some Real Estate 10 years ago, ha

Do you still visit in football season?

Occasionally. 

It's like a whole different campus than it was in '75.  I kind of preferred it as a sleepy little town frankly. 

A homie of mine did stay and invest in real estate.  He's done VERY well.

Just now, homersapien said:

Occasionally. 

It's like a whole different campus than it was in '75.  I kind of preferred it as a sleepy little town frankly. 

A homie of mine did stay and invest in real estate.  He's done VERY well.

Same here. I grew up right off of campus. Auburn would be a ghost town in summers

49 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

What’re your thoughts on how much it’s grown? Seems like something is always being built. 

Crap I’ve derailed the thread.

I think it’s inevitable in a college town. Most of the new stuff going up  retains the architectural characteristics of the older buildings. It’s a beautiful town, the loveliest village anywhere. I’m in love. 

4 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

It has been interesting living here and watching the changes in the town over just the last 3-4 years. Big cranes everywhere right now. It has it's good and bad points I guess. But it has definitely lost a lot of the core tradition and charm of Auburn around down town. Lots of big apartment buildings finished and more under construction with no consistency in architecture. The biggest problem now is the traffic and lack of parking. The downtown merchants are hurting because of the lack of parking. I think plans are underway to build more parking decks.

One good thing if you own some real estate the value is soaring.

On 7/5/2018 at 4:36 PM, NolaAuTiger said:

Glad I could help you laugh ya old grump :) 

love you Homer 

What you don't love me? I'm older then dirt

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

What you don't love me? I'm older then dirt

Aw cheer up. I'm older than you and I love you.?

On 7/5/2018 at 5:12 PM, NolaAuTiger said:

Same here. I grew up right off of campus. Auburn would be a ghost town in summers

So did you attend Auburn?

On 7/4/2018 at 9:35 PM, GiveEmElle said:

Maybe it’s the drinks, but I don’t recall saying CPD was racist. I’m not even sure what CPD is. All you white people look alike so maybe I got you confused. Someone on here frequently mentions how I must be horrible at my job because of my political belief, so you waded into a s*** storm there by bringing up my job. But I can assure you, I sleep just fine at night and don’t dwell on things said here. It’s all good. 

CPD is the Chicago Police Department. The video you linked is of a kid that they wanted to question cause he matched, dress and everything, of a call about a juvenile with a gun. He ran when they stopped to talk to him and followed proper procedures for an armed suspect after they caught him.

3 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Yes. Why?

Should I just message you my social security number too?

You're the one who volunteered information about "living" in Auburn.  It was an honest and natural question.

Archived