Best (and worst) beers you’ve ever had - redux

AUDub

Aaaand we got a ding. Seems UHS, a third party company that handles some equipment distribution for us, couldn’t be bothered to keep stuff stacked less than 18 inches from the ceiling. Blech. 

10 hours ago, AUDub said:

Aaaand we got a ding. Seems UHS, a third party company that handles some equipment distribution for us, couldn’t be bothered to keep stuff stacked less than 18 inches from the ceiling. Blech. 

What's funny is that this reads like a restaurant getting an enema from the health inspector. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

My notifications got turned off. Looks like y’all have had a busy week.😳 celebrated my oldest son’s birthday yesterday...18. Holt sh@t.

90D7C815-7B2C-4F0A-89D1-605979365C40.jpeg

Holy sh**, that's hilarious.

HBD, Lil' (big? :o) Fuge!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Sam Adams trying to stay relevant I guess.

Yeah. I can’t hate on them though. They were most definitely instrumental in my introduction into better beer.

19 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Founder’s posted this on their FB page. I lol’d.

56271DD2-416A-4BB2-B2CB-219F97261CC6.jpeg

Holy crap, that's perfect. Also, I love their weird BA brews. 

13 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Sam Adams trying to stay relevant I guess.

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Yeah. I can’t hate on them though. They were most definitely instrumental in my introduction into better beer.

Same. I remember the days when somebody would get a keg of Sam Adams and everyone would be like 

Image result for monocle gif

• Love 1

JCAHO is gone. No findings in my division, operations. Hospital apparently nailed it overall. Think I may crush a Westy tonight in celebration...

• Like 1

edFl4KK.jpg

Yuuuuup. 

Overripe fruit and awesome. Every bit as good as I remember. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

edFl4KK.jpg

Yuuuuup. 

Overripe fruit and awesome. Every but as good as I remember. 

Bucket list beer for me. Cheers my good man!

ETA- If you ever get a hankering for tamales, go see my old friend at Delta Blues in downtown B-Ham. They serve’em up right.

Edited by Tiger Refuge

23 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Bucket list beer for me. Cheers my good man!

ETA- If you ever get a hankering for tamales, go see my old friend at Delta Blues in downtown B-Ham. They serve’em up right.

Not often TJC uses the phrase “World Class Care,” so it’s as good an occasion as any.

Can’t go out tonight. Wife is accompanying 13 year old on her date with her BF, which leaves me with baby.

35 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Not often TJC uses the phrase “World Class Care,” so it’s as good an occasion as any.

Can’t go out tonight. Wife is accompanying 13 year old on her date with her BF, which leaves me with baby.

They have a really nice place. The entire menu is gluten free. Plus, they have a nice tap list! Honestly, I’m ashamed I haven’t mentioned this to you before now.

https://www.deltablueshottamales.com/

Edited by Tiger Refuge

I’m due for daddy-daughter dates for my girls, so we may very well take advantage. Thanks for the rec! 

Sadie loves tamales. 

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 1

So with the Nashville distributor hitting the market(thanks be to Trader Joe’s(I can expound on that if anyone is curious)), in addition to Bearded Iris and Southern Grist landing, we also have access to their entire inventory.

Long story short, I grabbed up a 6er of Orpheus Transmigration of Souls DIPA(10%). It’s a lot fresher than the one I had sent to me some years ago. That said, it’s better than I remember(freshness presumably). However, there’s something on the finish I just can’t wrap my palate around. It’s bubblegum-y, so I’m assuming it’s whatever yeast they’re using. Definitely not infected. Was totally unaware that it was 10%, so the 3 DDH Bearded Iris Double Scatterbrains(8%) are now starting to creep up on me. 

Mama SMB will be home soon. Maintain...maintain...

kwA2hEC.jpg

Edited by ShocksMyBrain
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1