Pro Wrestling Open Thread

Brad_ATX

I am so ******* sports entertained. 

☝️

I hope that Fatu injury is kayfabe. It did not look good. 

• Like 1

OTC - One Tribal Chief!!

Didn't get a chance to watch most of it but clearly seems like it was an excellent PLE.

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I hope that Fatu injury is kayfabe. It did not look good. 

Yea that one concerns me

Just now, AUBwins said:

Didn't get a chance to watch most of it but clearly seems like it was an excellent PLE.

Very good Summerslam. Roman coming back sealed it. 

• Like 1

I guess OTC could mean Original also. 

8 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I guess OTC could mean Original also. 

Or only.

either way I’m glad he’s back. Instant aura. 

From a booking perspective it was pretty much a damn near perfectly booked PPV. 

@AuCivilEng1you were the only disappointment of the night. I expected to check this thread and see you returned on your own volition ad well… noooope. I think we can officially put you down as only a mania season guy. Smh. Damn shame. You had so much potential. See you and rock in 2025!

40 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

@AuCivilEng1you were the only disappointment of the night. I expected to check this thread and see you returned on your own volition ad well… noooope. I think we can officially put you down as only a mania season guy. Smh. Damn shame. You had so much potential. See you and rock in 2025!

Haha nahh man. I’m keeping up from a distance. Just no interesting story lines for me. Rock coming back was a bfd for me. It sucked me back in. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Haha nahh man. I’m keeping up from a distance. Just no interesting story lines for me. Rock coming back was a bfd for me. It sucked me back in. 

Lol so the truth has finally come out. You only were watching because of Rocky. Glad you finally admitted it and we don’t have to do this song and dance anymore. The truth has finally set you free. And W T F?! No interesting storylines?!?! The absolute biggest indictment of C A P I’ve ever seen on this message board! Tell me you haven’t been following WWE lately without telling me you haven’t been following WWE. Yah ok pal…. 

IMG_0791.jpeg

IMG_0792.gif

Edited by GwillMac6

Either way I’m over the moon tonight. The Dom turn was great. FINN is hopefully going to be a player going forward. The Judgment Day and their internal drama is going to be amazing. Gunther is going to legitimize the living hell out of that belt, and the bloodline is about to fire back up.

From a booker’s perspective just an amazing amount of stuff to work with. 

Big Dog .. Big Draw

WWE is doing everything right at the moment and making money hand over fist. 

I went back and watched, just for you @GwillMac6. Things I noticed.

- Dom has an uncanny knack for creating heat. 

-LA Knight and Jake Paul tore the house down. Great match. Both of those guys are extremely talented.

- Gunther is going to be world champ for a long time.

- Good to see Roman back, but im not sure he will be as effective as a baby face. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I went back and watched, just for you @GwillMac6. Things I noticed.

-LA Knight and Jake Paul tore the house down. Great match. Both of those guys are extremely talented.

- Gunther is going to be world champ for a long time.

- Good to see Roman back, but im not sure he will be as effective as a baby face. 

Roman won’t ever go back to being a traditional baby face. He will be a tweener and a attitude era style of a cool baby face kinda like how LA is now.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Roman won’t ever go back to being a traditional baby face. He will be a tweener and a attitude era style of a cool baby face kinda like how LA is now.

Exactly.  The tweener faces that are still a BA are the way these days. 

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Good to see Roman back, but im not sure he will be as effective as a baby face. 

You don’t have to do “babyface” things to be an effective babyface.

Cornette put it best on one of his podcasts. I forget which. Flipping a heel face is far easier than flipping a face heel. With a heel all you have to do is have him doing all of the dirty, underhanded things he does the faces, but to the bad guys. It’ll get over immediately if you’ve been booking your faces and heels right. Then you can either slowly bring them along or keep them in that tweener twilight zone. 

4 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The funniest thing was the commentary trying to create heat on Dom when it wasn’t really necessary. I was like “didn’t Rhea get him to betray and backstab his whole family and has been holding him emotionally hostage for like 2 years now?”

I mean I get that Rhea has kind of organically become a face at this point but come on lol. 

but yeah Dom. Talk about a guy that has absolutely gone from green to a legitimate star in his own right , even getting to work multiple Mania’s with his dad.

If I was Rey I’d be the proudest dude alive. 

• Like 1

Boy if this is what goes down, I'm ready.  Always pictured as 2 teams, not 3?!

That Bron-Sami main event was the best Raw main event in years. Hell of a match. 

I know seeing Roman getting a babyface beat down last night won’t go well for many but from a storytelling perspective it sets up well.

Now he knows he’s gotta have help, and for that he needs to mend some of the bridges he’s burned during his time as the tribal chief. Now he starts building a stable to combat Solo, Fatu and the Tongans.

Plus that was some masterful babyface selling on his part. Fatu in particular looks dangerous as hell.