Kerryon Johnson enters NFL Draft

aubiefifty

Auburn Football

Auburn's Kerryon Johnson enters NFL Draft

Updated Jan 2, 10:52 PM; Posted Jan 2, 5:23 PM

Gallery: Auburn running back Kerryon Johnson eclipses 1,000-yard mark against Georgia

2.4k shares

By James Crepea

jcrepea@al.com

Auburn will need to replace its leading rusher.

Kerryon Johnson, the SEC's Offensive Player of the Year, is entering the NFL Draft.

"There aren't enough words to express how grateful I am of the opportunity Auburn University has given me," Johnson said in a statement via Twitter. "This is truly an amazing school with an amazing fan base. With that being said ... I have decided to enter the NFL Draft. Thank you all for the endless support that has not always been deserved. I love Auburn and the Auburn family. War Eagle!"

Draft projections for Johnson range from Draftanalyst.com's first or second round evaluation to third or fourth round by NFL Draft Scout.

Johnson, a second team All-American by the AP, FWAA, Sporting News and AFCA, had 1,391 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns, 24 receptions for 194 yards and two scores and a passing touchdown this season. After rib and shoulder injuries limited him in the SEC Championship Game, Johnson had 22 carries for 71 yards and a touchdown in Auburn's loss to UCF in the Peach Bowl.

"I would like to thank KJ for all he has done for our program over the last three years," Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said in a statement. "Kerryon has made this team better both on and off the field with his great character, competitiveness and leadership. He will be very successful at the next level and more importantly in life. We wish KJ nothing but the best."

Johnson made eye-opening trip before coming to Auburn

A little over a month after signing with Auburn, Kerryon Johnson was among a group of students from Madison Academy to take a mission trip to Tabacunda, Ecuador.

The Huntsville native battled injuries throughout his college career, with a hamstring injury in the 2017 season opener sidelining him for two games. He suffered a right ankle injury during the 2016 season and had shoulder surgery following his freshman season in 2015.

Johnson finishes his college career with 519 carries for 2,494 yards and 32 touchdowns, 55 receptions for 478 yards and two touchdowns, 4 of 4 passing with two touchdowns and 26 kickoff returns for 653 yards.

James Crepea is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @JamesCrepea.

Follow Kerryon Johnson off the field after devastating Peach Bowl loss to UCF

I hope he goes high and wish him lots of success. He did this team proud. Great running back and great team mate without any off the field issues. War Eagle and continued success. Now on to Martin, Martin and Miller. Nice sound to it all.

27 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Auburn Football

Auburn's Kerryon Johnson enters NFL Draft

Updated Jan 2, 10:52 PM; Posted Jan 2, 5:23 PM

Gallery: Auburn running back Kerryon Johnson eclipses 1,000-yard mark against Georgia

2.4k shares

By James Crepea

jcrepea@al.com

Auburn will need to replace its leading rusher.

Kerryon Johnson, the SEC's Offensive Player of the Year, is entering the NFL Draft.

"There aren't enough words to express how grateful I am of the opportunity Auburn University has given me," Johnson said in a statement via Twitter. "This is truly an amazing school with an amazing fan base. With that being said ... I have decided to enter the NFL Draft. Thank you all for the endless support that has not always been deserved. I love Auburn and the Auburn family. War Eagle!"

Draft projections for Johnson range from Draftanalyst.com's first or second round evaluation to third or fourth round by NFL Draft Scout.

Johnson, a second team All-American by the AP, FWAA, Sporting News and AFCA, had 1,391 rushing yards and 18 touchdowns, 24 receptions for 194 yards and two scores and a passing touchdown this season. After rib and shoulder injuries limited him in the SEC Championship Game, Johnson had 22 carries for 71 yards and a touchdown in Auburn's loss to UCF in the Peach Bowl.

"I would like to thank KJ for all he has done for our program over the last three years," Auburn coach Gus Malzahn said in a statement. "Kerryon has made this team better both on and off the field with his great character, competitiveness and leadership. He will be very successful at the next level and more importantly in life. We wish KJ nothing but the best."

Johnson made eye-opening trip before coming to Auburn

A little over a month after signing with Auburn, Kerryon Johnson was among a group of students from Madison Academy to take a mission trip to Tabacunda, Ecuador.

The Huntsville native battled injuries throughout his college career, with a hamstring injury in the 2017 season opener sidelining him for two games. He suffered a right ankle injury during the 2016 season and had shoulder surgery following his freshman season in 2015.

Johnson finishes his college career with 519 carries for 2,494 yards and 32 touchdowns, 55 receptions for 478 yards and two touchdowns, 4 of 4 passing with two touchdowns and 26 kickoff returns for 653 yards.

James Crepea is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @JamesCrepea.

Follow Kerryon Johnson off the field after devastating Peach Bowl loss to UCF

Bruh. Also, you know I appreciate you bringing content to the board, but can you format the posts a little bit? Tough to read.

i hit the plain text at the bottom and thought that would do it. sorry not really a puter guy but maybe someone can tell me or show me. or maybe i need to leave the plain text option alone? i was told to use that by another member. sorry it is not what ya want. i do post to try and make this place more informed since folks hate some sites. when i was in school puters were punch cards. and i was stationed in the pentagon in the seventies ad they used the same punch card computer set up. no schools were available at the time. so what do i do if no one helps? just quit posting? not being a jerk here either i am honest. not sure i can afford to take one puter class at jax state or even gadsden state for that matter.

Wish him the best...thanks for his effort on and off the field....made Auburn proud with his actions...he's a winner and will be at the next level and whatever he does after the NFL....Thanks, we'll be following you through out your career....WDE

Archived