sec west champs

aubiefifty

yesterday i read something that auburn and bama are co champions of the sec west. i believe that is bull since we beat bama but does anyone have any info?i cannot find anything legit on it, if it is true it just does not seem fair.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

yesterday i read something that auburn and bama are co champions of the sec west. i believe that is bull since we beat bama but does anyone have any info? if it is true it just does not seem fair.

Definitely bull lol. We are the only SEC west champs. 

This board is lit today. I love it

Yes, we are co-SECW champs with Bama and we earn the right to represent the West in the SECG because of our H2H win over Bama.

So, yes, Bama did win their division. So did we. But we get a chance to play for the SEC title and they don't.

13 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

yesterday i read something that auburn and bama are co champions of the sec west. i believe that is bull since we beat bama but does anyone have any info?i cannot find anything legit on it, if it is true it just does not seem fair.

We have the same SEC record but we beat them head to head so Auburn is the West Champion.  

Not sure why I got facepalmed above but it is true that when two divisional teams end with the same in-conference record, they are considered co-champions and the SECCG representative is then determined by a series of tiebreakers, the first being H2H results. . . 

http://www.secsports.com/article/11145479/sec-divisional-tie-breaker

Notice how it says the tiebreaker is used to determine the SECCG representative and not the division champion. Facts are facts . . . you may not like 'em but that doesn't mean they change to suit you.

Archived