What Kirby Smart, Georgia players said after loss

aubiefifty

Got a lot of respect for ole bowl cut. You can tell how being under the Saban coaching tree has affected him. I know they will bounce back. IF we play them again it will be an all out drag out royal rumble battle and hopefully we come out on top again.

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Got a lot of respect for ole bowl cut. You can tell how being under the Saban coaching tree has affected him. I know they will bounce back. IF we play them again it will be an all out drag out royal rumble battle and hopefully we come out on top again.

He's gonna be tough to beat year after year. Hate it, but it is what it is.

1 hour ago, jAUSon said:

True but so was his predecessor.....Georgia HS talent ?.....the dawgs should always be tough to beat. 

2 hours ago, jAUSon said:

No doubt. Especially with recruiting the way he has been. That's why yesterday's win was so important. Have to keep this ride going this year. 

9 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

I said early in the week that if our players would come out and smack them in the mouth and play big boy football we would have a chance. The game like most would be won in the trenches. We would have to win our individual battles. 

Gus and company definitely deserve credit, but listen to Kirby. He nails it. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"First off, give a lot of credit to Auburn and Gus' staff. They did a tremendous job. They were more physical than us on both sides of the line of scrimmage. Every SEC game that I have ever been a part of, if you lose the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, you don't have a great chance of a good outcome.

Throw that in with the fact that they were more physical than us, they controlled the line of scrimmage, were able to run it at will, and they stopped our run.

I thought we executed well there, and then after that we didn't execute well. We struggled to get off of press-man. They do a good job of getting their hands on you, and they just whooped us up front. The bottom line is we couldn't move them."

At the end of the day, you give Auburn credit. They did a great job, and they were more physical than us. That's the bottom line."

They punched us in the mouth, and we did not respond to it. 

"They were more physical than us, on both sides. They played more physical than us in both ways. At the end of the day, you have to credit Auburn. They came out and played more physical than we did tonight."

They played really physical football, and they dominated us."

It was a matter of them playing more physical, executing better and being more disciplined."

Most coaches and players are respectful after a game....win or lose.  It is some of the fans who want to push it too far.

Archived