Auburn #14 in Initial CFP Rankings

djg0017

36 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

We could very well be ranked #10 in the next rankings with at least four teams ahead of us losing this weekend

Looks like PSU and OSU (both of them) will not be a factor from here on out....just the opportunity to be a spoiler.

Does not seem to be much true dominance in college football this season....mostly some teams who don't match up well ...or like Wisconsin , some have a favorable schedule.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AU64 said:

Looks like PSU and OSU (both of them) will not be a factor from here on out....just the opportunity to be a spoiler.

Does not seem to be much true dominance in college football this season....mostly some teams who don't match up well ...or like Wisconsin , some have a favorable schedule.

Is Wisky the only Big 10 team left with a realistic shot at the playoff?

45 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

We could very well be ranked #10 in the next rankings with at least four teams ahead of us losing this weekend

44 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Should be! I’d be surprised if we don’t

I agree.  Get to 10,. Beat GA get to 6th,. And let's just see. 

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I'm thinking so and from what I hear on Sirius talk, they might not get there  even with an undefeated season if things fall badly for them elsewhere....bama goes all the way and UGa only loses to bama for instance. 

Still a long way to go....and AU could screw things up too....which I hope is the case.   Was not greatly impressed with UGa today but they've had our number lately....still think they are beatable by AU in Auburn.

I'm curious to see where we wind up in the next CFP poll Tuesday. We'll surely pass #13 Virginia Tech and, presumably, #11 OK State. Since Ohio State got destroyed today, I'd hope we would be slotted in front of them, but I'm not so sure they'll peg Auburn ahead of a 2-loss Penn State that has two very close losses. For loss comparisons though, it certainly helps us that LSU played Alabama tight tonight.

But regardless, with all the chaos to come among other top 15 teams, if we take care of business, we're in. Next week alone, Notre Dame vs. Miami and Oklahoma vs. TCU will clear the way even more if we beat UGA.

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Yes and they will lose . Haven’t played anyone with a pulse yet 

On 11/2/2017 at 2:03 PM, auskull said:

Your correct, I stand corrected. Guess I got a little carried away. The SEC and ACC have made the finals the last two years. The first one was Oregon and Ohio State. The SEC and ACC were beaten by those two in the semi finals the first year. Freak, I was just trying to make the case for Auburn (with my own facts :dunno:) should we find lightening in a bottle to finish the season. In reality I will probably settle for another 8-4 or hopefully a 9-3 season on the upside. Losing Pettway is probably the straw that breaks our backs with any (very slim even with him) hope of winning out. 

I refuse to settle for a 8 win campaign where we've lost to every ranked team except Miss St. 

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I refuse to settle for a 8 win campaign where we've lost to every ranked team except Miss St. 

I have a golf buddy who is a giddy Alabama fan. He hangs on the interim rankings and insist that Bama beat the #2 team when it played Fla. St. I keep trying to tell him that nobody believes they are the second best team so what is his point. Form over substance means nothing. Having said that, Miss St may not be ranked at the end of the season and then there goes that.

9 hours ago, DAG said:

Yes and they will lose . Haven’t played anyone with a pulse yet 

Interesting. Seems that the SEC isn’t the only conference struggling. 

21 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Interesting. Seems that the SEC isn’t the only conference struggling. 

Nope, but that’s all you hear around here. The funny thing is if we hadn’t lost to LSU, there could’ve been 3 teams close, if not in the top 4. 

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Nope, but that’s all you hear around here. The funny thing is if we hadn’t lost to LSU, there could’ve been 3 teams close, if not in the top 4. 

And it's comments like this make me go crazy.  I push this out of my brain then you go and remind me.

You know I honestly thought 25 yrs ago, I would loosen up some.  heck I thought that 5 years ago.  Oh well, when my senility kicks in, in a few years, that will ease some of my frustration with Tubberville.   Hold on, is Tubs still the coach? :)

Archived