We need a Stranger Things Thread.

"Find your anger"

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

.....Breathe! 

Ha.  Watching it right now while waiting for Game 6 of WS.

Haunted Duck Boat tour in Mobile (good times) on Saturday and watched my wife do the Witches Ride (entertaining) for Delta Dogs on Sunday. No soccer for once...except Tottenham failing to ManU.

18 hours ago, WFE12 said:

.....Breathe! 

I haven't watched it yet. Family binged it while I was working. My son and a neighbor kid. Were dressed as two characters Dustin and Lucas for Halloween. I'll post a pic tonight. 

4 hours ago, alexava said:

I haven't watched it yet. Family binged it while I was working. My son and a neighbor kid. Were dressed as two characters Dustin and Lucas for Halloween. I'll post a pic tonight. 

Cool. If you like 80's themed shows and sci-fi thrillers then this is the show for you.

19 hours ago, CMRVHS said:

Haunted Duck Boat tour in Mobile (good times) on Saturday and watched my wife do the Witches Ride (entertaining) for Delta Dogs on Sunday. No soccer for once...except Tottenham failing to ManU.

Sounds like fun and lots of memories!  Our Irish friends are all up in Manchester United!  It is all we heard!!  I don't follow soccer, but are they the perennial favorites (without me wearying myself with Google as I am JUST now leaving the classroom for the day)?  

20 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Cool. If you like 80's themed shows and sci-fi thrillers then this is the show for you.

Since I went to AU in the 80's, which were awesome, my college memories are intertwined with all those great 80's movies. I was in Auburn a couple of weeks ago with my daughter, who was doing her Campus Tour, and I showed her the old building by Samford where they used to show free movies on Friday nights. I remember watching movies like The Breakfast Club and Revenge of the Nerds there. What the heck is the name of that building and do they still show free movies there? I am guessing that stopped years ago.

22 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

Since I went to AU in the 80's, which were awesome, my college memories are intertwined with all those great 80's movies. I was in Auburn a couple of weeks ago with my daughter, who was doing her Campus Tour, and I showed her the old building by Samford where they used to show free movies on Friday nights. I remember watching movies like The Breakfast Club and Revenge of the Nerds there. What the heck is the name of that building and do they still show free movies there? I am guessing that stopped years ago.

Langdon Hall?

24 minutes ago, triangletiger said:

Langdon Hall?

YES! Thank you, having a senior moment this morning. :slapfh:

4 hours ago, Dan-0 said:

Thing is I'm a 90's baby and have heard of those movies but haven't seen them. By watching stranger things I am interested in seeing some 80's themed movies though.

Langdon Hall...site of "Against All Odds" (saw) and "Rocky Horror Picture Show" (didn't)..and the site of many an Auburn local teen out on a date who had NO IDEA what all of those long lines were about. #memories 

On 10/28/2017 at 8:57 PM, PowerOfDixieland said:

Celebrated my mother-in-law's 76th birthday.  She was diagnosed with stage IV cancer about ten years ago.  Her one simple prayer was that she wanted to see her grandchildren grow up.  Her three year old great-granddaughter led the singing of "Happy Birthday" tonight.  She is an incredible inspiration, sickness doesn't have to be (all) doom and gloom.  God is good, even when we can't see it.

Emory Winship Cancer Institute celebrated their 80th anniversary here in Atlanta tonight.  Honored 80 people involved with that great organization across all connections.  My mother-in-law was one of the 80...for her infectious encouraging attitude.  For any who may be battling that insidious disease it is a fight so worth fighting.  For those who are helping BEAR DOWN!  They need broad shoulders to help hold up the load many days.

https://winshipcancer.emory.edu/about-us/winship-80/nancy-carriker.html#.WfvTWmiPLIV

16 hours ago, Dan-0 said:

Ha, I remember seeing Boogie Nights there. At the end some drunk cooed stood up and shouted "well guess we are all going home disappointed tonight ladies.. am I right?" lol.

Me and @OnthePlains were out on the road all weekend vetting all the candidates who may be our next football coach!!! DR. Leath has Jar Jar on double secret probation and we rode in on a white horse as Auburn footballs knight and shining armor to save the day when we got the call and find the future coach who will lead us to the promised land of sustained excellence and multiple championships. It was close but we both came to the conclusion Bill Belichik is the perfect man for the job. Great with the media. Man that guy has one of the best personalities I have ever seen. SAY GOODBYE to coach speak at press conferences! He always tells it to you straight and leaves nothing to the imagination. He will tell ya exactly what he is thinking. He will be electric on the trail bonding with these 17 year old kids flying all over the country chasing them. We were not supposed to say anything but he said he is tired of that "pretty boy" Brady getting all the credit leaving none for him! All it will take is a 25 million a year contract for 5 years. We said NO PROBLEM! We can raise that kind of ching chang in one day after we make one phone call to Tim Cook!!! SO get ready AU FAMILY!!! Help is on the way!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Archived