So....What Did YOU Do on BYE SATURDAY?

ToraGirl

32 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

Started my Saturday morning ritual drinking coffee and waiting for 11:00 am games to start. There were some decent games, watched some of Miami-NC, but none of them really held my attention so I just continuously scanned them with the ol' recall button. Then, got ready for PSU/Ohio State, which was a classic game from the opening kickoff, all the while keeping up with GA/FL, which was over in the first quarter. Sat. night, watched Miss St./aTm a little and also flipped between that game and Clemson/Ga. Tech, which was a snoozefest in the rain. Finished up the night watching the late-night PAC-12 games, USC/Az. State & WSU/AZ. It is amazing how late college football goes into the night. I am addicted to it and won't turn it off until the old lady makes me turn off the tube- then I turn on ESPN radio and fall asleep to that. Can't wait 'til next Saturday, WDE!

I thought you were ok until you said you had to turn on ESPN radio and fall asleep to it. This is not good man. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

For real? Awesome! What are you doing on AUFamily right now???? Don't you have something better to do??? :bigblush::wub::hearts:

For real.

She even surprised me with an AU groom's cake at the rehearsal party.

And... I took a break from all *that* :bananadance: stuff to check in on AUF really quickly for the first time all weekend and thought I'd share my joy.

War Eagle y'all. 

IMG_2862.JPG

8 hours ago, looney said:

For real.

She even surprised me with an AU groom's cake at the rehearsal party.

And... I took a break from all *that* :bananadance: stuff to check in on AUF really quickly for the first time all weekend and thought I'd share my joy.

War Eagle y'all. 

IMG_2862.JPG

Wow - you guys look like the perfect couple.  Beauty and brains together....

She's got beauty and brains --   and you got her.  :)   - My old boss dropped that one on me at our wedding 30 years ago.  Congratulations again.

On 10/28/2017 at 8:56 PM, ToraGirl said:

Bless you both.  Those were great years, but tough in the very way you describe.  I'll never outgrow procrastination...there's always something I'd rather be doing.  :Sing:

Never put off 'til tomorrow

what you can put off 'til next week.

My son in law coaches high school football, so Friday night I was in my normal position behind the camera in the press box.

On Saturday my wife was coordinating a wedding for our Pastor's daughter.  I was thinking...Great, I can watch football uninterrupted....WRONG!  What I actually did was make the 25 mile trip from our town to the venue 3 times with various and sundry wedding supplies. I was sooooooo glad we had a bye!!

I spent the weekend taking a Basic Riders course at the local Harley Davidson dealership so my wife will be more comfortable when I get my new bike in a few weeks.  I am so glad that I took this course.  It taught me a lot about the proper way to ride and allow the bike to do the work rather than you.  They truly are like a good horse.  Treat them right and give them proper instruction and they will do exactly what you tell them to do.  I am very sore from Saturday because I was trying to manhandle the bike all day.  After a night in the hot tub and thinking "you know.  Maybe I should at least try what these coaches are telling me"; I decided to just relax and work smarter not harder.  Man was it fun.  Passed the course and now I can't wait until I get my bike.

WDE ALL!  And thanks for starting this thread @ToraGirl

20 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

We were able to send our oldest girl to AU based on an academic scholly.  But, by the time our middle daughter went to to college, AU had done away with the same scholly that allowed our oldest daughter to attend AU (we live in GA and with our 1st daughter she qualified for a scholly that basically allowed us to send her to AU for instate tuition) and although daughter #2 would have qualified for the same scholly, she went to UGA so as not to have any student loan debt.  

My youngest is a junior in HS and wants to got to AU as well, but she understands that it may not be possible.

wde

Sadly, AU is all about that out of state money now. Tuition has skyrocketed even since I was there in '03-05. My fiancee is currently attending (she's from Texas) and is hoping she can get in state tuition once we get married (though Auburn makes it very clear they can still deny it). It really sucks.

2 hours ago, Linayus said:

Sadly, AU is all about that out of state money now. Tuition has skyrocketed even since I was there in '03-05. My fiancee is currently attending (she's from Texas) and is hoping she can get in state tuition once we get married (though Auburn makes it very clear they can still deny it). It really sucks.

They may have changed their rules, but I was able to get around the out of state tuition for this exact scenario. I had to provide quite a bit of documentation but they approved it once I submitted it all. 

19 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

(Don't hate.)  My bride & I are celebrating 26 years of marriage on Kauai.  It's more awesome than you can imagine.  WDE to the Family!

Admiration?

Jealousy?

Not hate in any shape or form.

WDE back.

16 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Wife and I drove about two hours to Epcot and went for the International Food and Wine festival.  Pretty fun day but rain from about 3pm until we left at 10.  All in all a good day.  Listened to some football on the drive home.

That is incredibly cool!  Which country is your/her favorite?  LOVE EPCOT...don't live close enough to go often.

28 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

(Don't hate.)  My bride & I are celebrating 26 years of marriage on Kauai.  It's more awesome than you can imagine.  WDE to the Family!

Rejoicing with you!  That is the perfect place to celebrate such a special---and too rare---milestone.  We took the family to Oahu and the Big Island in 2015...just amazing.  I would love to see Kauai someday...I hear the natural beauty is genuinely breathtaking.  We did Puerto Rico for our 26th.  I have thought a million times how grateful I am not just for the ability to save and travel but that we visited PR when we did.  Prayers continue for them. I am rabid for travel, because it changes you to the core...the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Just got news today that our daughter's been invited for a summer internship at a church in Donegal, Ireland...and you know, SOMEONE has to get her there....

:Sing::wareagle:

3 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

I spent the weekend taking a Basic Riders course at the local Harley Davidson dealership so my wife will be more comfortable when I get my new bike in a few weeks.  I am so glad that I took this course.  It taught me a lot about the proper way to ride and allow the bike to do the work rather than you.  They truly are like a good horse.  Treat them right and give them proper instruction and they will do exactly what you tell them to do.  I am very sore from Saturday because I was trying to manhandle the bike all day.  After a night in the hot tub and thinking "you know.  Maybe I should at least try what these coaches are telling me"; I decided to just relax and work smarter not harder.  Man was it fun.  Passed the course and now I can't wait until I get my bike.

WDE ALL!  And thanks for starting this thread @ToraGirl

Congratulations and hot-tub envy coming your way!  LOL!  I am loving this thread...all of the connections we have in common BESIDES what we all know we have!  You're so welcome lkeel75!!

55 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Rejoicing with you!  That is the perfect place to celebrate such a special---and too rare---milestone.  We took the family to Oahu and the Big Island in 2015...just amazing.  I would love to see Kauai someday...I hear the natural beauty is genuinely breathtaking.  We did Puerto Rico for our 26th.  I have thought a million times how grateful I am not just for the ability to save and travel but that we visited PR when we did.  Prayers continue for them. I am rabid for travel, because it changes you to the core...the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Just got news today that our daughter's been invited for a summer internship at a church in Donegal, Ireland...and you know, SOMEONE has to get her there....

:Sing::wareagle:

I have not been to Ireland, but I have made it to Scotland and England due to work and it was great.

In London I was walking and had on my Auburn hat and a guy yelled War Eagle to me and came up for a selfie. He was British and said that several years before he and a buddy had to go to Alabama for some work at one of the bases (He worked in the defense industry). He said someone there gave them tickets to see Auburn play...I can't remember who he said he saw but he said it made such an impression on them that they have gone to 1 game in Auburn every year since.

He wanted to take a selfie with me because he didn't think his friend would believe he ran into somebody from Auburn walking around London.

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

They may have changed their rules, but I was able to get around the out of state tuition for this exact scenario. I had to provide quite a bit of documentation but they approved it once I submitted it all. 

Hopefully she can too! It'll only be for a semester or two but that is still quite a bit of money to save. :)

I was at a Wedding for one of my daughters best friends.  Didn't get to watch any football which was fine since Auburn wasn't playing.

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

I have not been to Ireland, but I have made it to Scotland and England due to work and it was great.

In London I was walking and had on my Auburn hat and a guy yelled War Eagle to me and came up for a selfie. He was British and said that several years before he and a buddy had to go to Alabama for some work at one of the bases (He worked in the defense industry). He said someone there gave them tickets to see Auburn play...I can't remember who he said he saw but he said it made such an impression on them that they have gone to 1 game in Auburn every year since.

He wanted to take a selfie with me because he didn't think his friend would believe he ran into somebody from Auburn walking around London.

Awesome story!!!

4 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

That is incredibly cool!  Which country is your/her favorite?  LOVE EPCOT...don't live close enough to go often.

We enjoy them all.  She likes the shows/rides in the various countries.  I prefer the animatronics of some of the attractions which as a kid gave me an interest in mechanical things.

6 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

That's amazing!!!  Love it; thank you for sharing!!  Scotland and England are incredible...they launched the travel bug in me.

On 10/29/2017 at 2:38 PM, aubearcat said:

I binged watched Stranger Things 2 with my kids and watched the Dodgers win. 

Sunflower....3 to the right...4 to the left..Rainbow...450

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

7 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Just look at the flowers, Lizzy.

Archived