So....What Did YOU Do on BYE SATURDAY?

ToraGirl

I binged watched Stranger Things 2 with my kids and watched the Dodgers win. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Binged watched 4 episodes of Stranger Things 2 on Friday night.

wde

3 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Girls get their grace from their mothers and their confidence from their fathers.  You obviously don't fear anything if you can do that.  I'm betting your daughter is feeling ten feet tall and bullet proof about right now.  That's really good stuff.

No truer words there. Seriously.

8 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I grew up in Yankees vs. Dodgers every year World Series reality....

3 hours ago, api1957 said:

Battled the flu. I won.

Bless you, and fantastic! Rough season of the year where we are...lots of weather changes. Pray you stay well.

17 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Homework

AUsome!!  You are ahead of the game. What's your major?

17 hours ago, tigeraddikt said:

Painted my LR/DR.

Serious accomplishment...and a lasting one.

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

AUsome!!  You are ahead of the game. What's your major?

I’m in ministry school so I’m an applied ministry major 

15 minutes ago, looney said:

Got married (Friday).

Congrats!!! Coming up to 30 years myself.  It's great. 

As for Saturday.. wife & I drove down to see our youngest ... at Auburn.  

The fact that Alabama was off too, means the whole state was on a bye lol..

I watched Penn State/Ohio State and UGA/Florida... I mostly cleaned house but checked those games as well as GT/Clemson. 

10 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Bless him! He learned what all goes into the not-as-simple-as-it-looks (truly nothing simple about it). Resiliency for sure. He'll remember how you saw him through the rough patches. If Music City is Nashville, that's my birthplace...it explains the weather and the no lack of hills and places to hunt nearby. Love it!

Haha - hopefully he remembers me as the supporter and not the tormentor:-)

we live in Murfreesboro now.  Do you miss it?  Having lived in both states it would be tough to go back to AL, unless it was ft. Morgan.  It would be hard to go back to paying state income tax

Worked out, ran some errands, ate the hell out of some Chipotle, settled in for games on three screens the rest of the day (football & the World Series), and finally snagged some late night Little Caesars cheesy bread. 

1 hour ago, musicitytiger said:

Haha - hopefully he remembers me as the supporter and not the tormentor:-)

we live in Murfreesboro now.  Do you miss it?  Having lived in both states it would be tough to go back to AL, unless it was ft. Morgan.  It would be hard to go back to paying state income tax

When Daddy graduated from Vandy, he was hired by AU as a botany professor.  I grew up in Auburn, but spent every break possible in Clarksville and Erin with my grandparents and cousins. I LOVED IT!  Used to cry all the way to the state line when my parents retrieved me, and Daddy rolled his eyes big time...ha!  I love central TN.  Still find plenty of fun stuff to do in Nashville.  That said, Memphis and Knoxville/Smokies/Tri-City areas are incredible, too.  Just enjoyed the hiking trails of Monteagle/Sewanee.  I can't say enough wonderful things about Tennessee...or Auburn...  I think, definitely the supporter.  I see ways my parents encouraged me to venture out, and I am thanking God today because of it!

2 hours ago, oldaufeller said:

Congrats!!! Coming up to 30 years myself.  It's great. 

As for Saturday.. wife & I drove down to see our youngest ... at Auburn.  

Oldaufeller...you actually probably found a parking place!  Growing up there, we used to love it when the students went home for the non-game-weekends or breaks (no offense, present students)!   There is really nothing lovelier than the Loveliest Village even on non-game Saturdays!

2 hours ago, looney said:

Got married (Friday).

WOW...congratulations!  This is so exciting!  I wish you all kinds of happiness and joy as you begin this new chapter!

3 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

I’m in ministry school so I’m an applied ministry major 

That is awesome!!  I'll be praying for you, specifically!!  Loved our seminary years...both times!

Met a woman I'm interested in and went running with her and her dog at Townlake in the morning, and then went for brunch and drinks and watched her Longhorns play. Then checked out some other bars downtown and caught some other games. Basically bar and game hopped the day away with timely meals thrown in.

Being away from Alabama and the SEC has made it where I actually enjoy college football again.

Started my Saturday morning ritual drinking coffee and waiting for 11:00 am games to start. There were some decent games, watched some of Miami-NC, but none of them really held my attention so I just continuously scanned them with the ol' recall button. Then, got ready for PSU/Ohio State, which was a classic game from the opening kickoff, all the while keeping up with GA/FL, which was over in the first quarter. Sat. night, watched Miss St./aTm a little and also flipped between that game and Clemson/Ga. Tech, which was a snoozefest in the rain. Finished up the night watching the late-night PAC-12 games, USC/Az. State & WSU/AZ. It is amazing how late college football goes into the night. I am addicted to it and won't turn it off until the old lady makes me turn off the tube- then I turn on ESPN radio and fall asleep to that. Can't wait 'til next Saturday, WDE!

29 minutes ago, Dan-0 said:

Started my Saturday morning ritual drinking coffee and waiting for 11:00 am games to start. There were some decent games, watched some of Miami-NC, but none of them really held my attention so I just continuously scanned them with the ol' recall button. Then, got ready for PSU/Ohio State, which was a classic game from the opening kickoff, all the while keeping up with GA/FL, which was over in the first quarter. Sat. night, watched Miss St./aTm a little and also flipped between that game and Clemson/Ga. Tech, which was a snoozefest in the rain. Finished up the night watching the late-night PAC-12 games, USC/Az. State & WSU/AZ. It is amazing how late college football goes into the night. I am addicted to it and won't turn it off until the old lady makes me turn off the tube- then I turn on ESPN radio and fall asleep to that. Can't wait 'til next Saturday, WDE!

There are worse addictions, I promise you!  Sounds like a great day!

Wife and I drove about two hours to Epcot and went for the International Food and Wine festival.  Pretty fun day but rain from about 3pm until we left at 10.  All in all a good day.  Listened to some football on the drive home.

Archived