So....What Did YOU Do on BYE SATURDAY?

ToraGirl

Had some really good homemade veggie soup with Mexican cornbread. Laid in recliner on heating pad  (STILL recovering from hip and knee surgeries). Other that that...I watched Football. After all, it is Saturday!!?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

He will always remember this!  Let us know when he scores!

Unfortunately he didn’t bring one down but he learned about resiliency today.  37 degrees, he was fighting a cold (didn’t know til later), hiked a 1400ft hill, and had a nasty spill.  

I hope he still wants to hunt after today.

Been a grind lately at work trying to get a project done by the end of the year, so I try to do as little as possible on the weekends. I did go buy a new pair of shoes and spent some time at BWW watching football with a few friends. It's so nice when I'm not stressed out over the outcomes. Lol

Ran some errands.  My two older daughters came over to help my youngest get ready for the homecoming dance.  Cooked a pot of gumbo and watched football on a rainy Saturday.

wde

10 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I knew we were kindred spirits! Kindergarten teachers tend to be optimistic, make the best out of bad situations, and take things that are complicated and try to make them simpler to understand. We also look at things from a more emotional standpoint and give people the benefit of the doubt because of that. Kindergarten is challenging, for sure, but where else can you work where you are told every day how much you are loved?

You have absolutely nailed it!

8 hours ago, musicitytiger said:

Unfortunately he didn’t bring one down but he learned about resiliency today.  37 degrees, he was fighting a cold (didn’t know til later), hiked a 1400ft hill, and had a nasty spill.  

I hope he still wants to hunt after today.

Bless him! He learned what all goes into the not-as-simple-as-it-looks (truly nothing simple about it). Resiliency for sure. He'll remember how you saw him through the rough patches. If Music City is Nashville, that's my birthplace...it explains the weather and the no lack of hills and places to hunt nearby. Love it!

1 hour ago, ChattTNTiger said:

Solidified my hatred of Ohio State 

Oh-attitude, no doubt about it, make no mistake about it.

12 hours ago, alexava said:

I am getting into the same business. But this house we are living in for two or three years. Maybe longer the way I work. My biggest hold back besides work is my family. Just in the garage making good progress. You know when you are on a roll and see a stopping point 30-45 minutes out that will put you in great shape when you get started tomorrow.. Ava comes out about the fourth time guilt tripping me because she is lonely. Well she isn't lonely she is scared to go into another room alone and my wife is trying to sleep and won't let her watch her iPad in the bedroom. So that half hour I cut short will take two hours getting started back up tomorrow. Unless I get pulled off again. I need a beer.

My son wants to help me. He’s 2 and runs off with my tools and instructions. He drinks all my water and tickles me while I am trying to put in a sink . Eats all my snacks . He is a mess 

11 hours ago, WarTim said:

Had some really good homemade veggie soup with Mexican cornbread. Laid in recliner on heating pad  (STILL recovering from hip and knee surgeries). Other that that...I watched Football. After all, it is Saturday!!?

Geez Tim . Take it easy . Wild animal 

11 hours ago, WarTim said:

My mother makes homemade veggie soup every year. Like containers full lol. She invited me over Friday for that, but instead of cornbread she made gourmet grilled cheese lol

Fall festival and Zoo Boo with the fam. Almost 4 y/o was a Ghostbuster, Peter Venkman by his account, and the baby boy was the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. Good times.

My wife, youngest daughter and I drove two hours to watch my oldest daughter cheer last night ( still trying to thaw out). Her school did win though. Installed a new TV in her dorm room and then drove two hours back home. Great day.

4 hours ago, AUIH1 said:

Ran some errands.  My two older daughters came over to help my youngest get ready for the homecoming dance.  Cooked a pot of gumbo and watched football on a rainy Saturday.

wde

Yesterday was perfect for Gumbo! 

10 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Played UNO with my ten year old, watched her attempt several cartwheels, let her do my nails and watched disney shows with her. Fantastic day! 

Girls get their grace from their mothers and their confidence from their fathers.  You obviously don't fear anything if you can do that.  I'm betting your daughter is feeling ten feet tall and bullet proof about right now.  That's really good stuff.

12 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Girls get their grace from their mothers and their confidence from their fathers.  You obviously don't fear anything if you can do that.  I'm betting your daughter is feeling ten feet tall and bullet proof about right now.  That's really good stuff.

Daughters are an incredible blessing for sure.  They keep me grounded.

3 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

My son wants to help me. He’s 2 and runs off with my tools and instructions. He drinks all my water and tickles me while I am trying to put in a sink . Eats all my snacks . He is a mess 

My kids want to help sometimes. It doesn't last long. Unless it's painting or using a nail gun. They are not interested. But when they where smaller and catch me on my knees (always have good knee pads) they would climb on my back for a horse ride. There are some things they help with but it's usually on their convenience. 

3 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Daughters are an incredible blessing for sure.  They keep me grounded.

I have three of them (26, 22 and 16).  They are wonderful, frustrating, amazing, confusing, awesome  and they have my back while kicking my butt as necessary.

wde

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

I have three of them (26, 22 and 16).  They are wonderful, frustrating, amazing, confusing, awesome  and they have my back while kicking my butt as necessary.

wde

Lol God Bless you! I have two and a son. Life is never dull around here. Especially with two being teens. I wanna keep my 10 year old exactly this age forever!

Just now, OnthePlains said:

Lol God Bless you! I have two and a son. Life is never dull around here. Especially with two being teens. I wanna keep my 10 year old exactly this age forever!

I have been blessed.  All of my girls have been great and relatively stress free thus far (my 16 year old has potential to change this, but she is hanging in there, LOL) .  Don't get me wrong, there was and is drama, but nothing bad at all.  They all like sports, played sports in HS, love AU (even my 22 year old who had to go to UGA) and are the loves of my life.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

I have been blessed.  All of my girls have been great and relatively stress free thus far (my 16 year old has potential to change this, but she is hanging in there, LOL) .  Don't get me wrong, there was and is drama, but nothing bad at all.  They all like sports, played sports in HS, love AU (even my 22 year old who had to go to UGA) and are the loves of my life.

wde

Yep, wouldn’t trade it for the world. My son is a senior and is headed for AU next fall. Already planning to get my Auburn Dad bumper sticker! 

Just now, OnthePlains said:

Yep, wouldn’t trade it for the world. My son is a senior and is headed for AU next fall. Already planning to get my Auburn Dad bumper sticker! 

We were able to send our oldest girl to AU based on an academic scholly.  But, by the time our middle daughter went to to college, AU had done away with the same scholly that allowed our oldest daughter to attend AU (we live in GA and with our 1st daughter she qualified for a scholly that basically allowed us to send her to AU for instate tuition) and although daughter #2 would have qualified for the same scholly, she went to UGA so as not to have any student loan debt.  

My youngest is a junior in HS and wants to got to AU as well, but she understands that it may not be possible.

wde

Archived