So....What Did YOU Do on BYE SATURDAY?

ToraGirl

42 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Spent most of it cursing my new window 10 computer trying to move files and deal with the "jewels" on the screen instead of the comfortable little icons on my windows 7.   

Got enough of it sorted out that I could at least get back on this forum. 

And browsed back an forth looking for a competitive ball game....did not take long to abandon the cocktail party...so did not  have much interest elsewhere except watching Louisville go down to Wake Forest. 

Go Apple.

You won't regret it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did a bunch of chores around the house and watched my beloved AF Falcons (a 9.5 pt underdog) beat in-state rival Colorado St 45-28.  The AF Triple Option was working well.  It's not like AU beating UGA, but Mike Bobo is the CSU head coach...so maybe a just a little bit.  

52 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Threw up half the night and morning.  Watched it rain this morning.  Been a bum laying on the sofa watching football all day. 

Dude....I just got over the stomach virus today. Fortunately I never threw up but felt like absolute crap. Glad I can eat like normal again. Went back to the gym and felt like my normal self.

Helped a friend tear up a deck, stepped on a nail in the process (ok). Took kid to tous r us to window shop/make a list for santa, did some yard work of my own

34 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Woke up at ten.  Thought about getting a head start on end of semester projects.  Watched 11 o'clock slate of games...thought about getting a head start on studying for an exam next week...grilled out with buddies and watched the 2:30 games...thought about how unproductive I'm being on what should be a productive Saturday...currently calming my regret with Johnnie Walker and a few friends lol.  War Damn Eagle to those actually making something of the off day!

Oh yes...college student as well and procrastination is my worst enemy but I've done pretty well recently. 

Bunch of home repair upgrade crap.....I never finish anything. I get started,need something, go to Lowes, get back and my wife has something else for me to do or kids need me to do something. I work 6-7 days a week and pretty sure I suffer from adult ADD. I'm about to flip out. Haha...

58 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Does he post here sometimes?

He likes to lurk, I think.  He told me once that he likes the recruiting board...

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

Bunch of home repair upgrade crap.....I never finish anything. I get started,need something, go to Lowes, get back and my wife has something else for me to do or kids need me to do something. I work 6-7 days a week and pretty sure I suffer from adult ADD. I'm about to flip out. Haha...

I think we all have a bit of ADD...just saying.  I know I do.  Count your progress!

55 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Spent this rainy day by going by the church "flea market", making a phone call to my 86 year old dad who still wishes he could make it to Auburn games, checking in on the mother-in-law, and watching football the rest of the afternoon with the hubby. This past week, I also dealt with crazy kindergartners dressing up for Red Ribbon Week and getting my observation during the middle of it. Yay. So, this nice rainy bye week was very much needed. Thanks for asking. Enjoy the rest of your weekend, y'all, and show your appreciation for the blessings you have. War Eagle, friends!!!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!  Not your observation!  But at least you know they won't be back around any time soon.  It's my year for that, too.  Where do you teach?

55 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Celebrated my mother-in-law's 76th birthday.  She was diagnosed with stage IV cancer about ten years ago.  Her one simple prayer was that she wanted to see her grandchildren grow up.  Her three year old great-granddaughter led the singing of "Happy Birthday" tonight.  She is an incredible inspiration, sickness doesn't have to be (all) doom and gloom.  God is good, even when we can't see it.

That is so precious.  She is a walking miracle!  Priceless memories...thank you for sharing.  She sounds like the "go from strength to strength" verse in Psalm 84...love that one.

23 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Oh yes...college student as well and procrastination is my worst enemy but I've done pretty well recently. 

Bless you both.  Those were great years, but tough in the very way you describe.  I'll never outgrow procrastination...there's always something I'd rather be doing.  :Sing:

Just now, ToraGirl said:

NOOOOOOOOO!!!  Not your observation!  But at least you know they won't be back around any time soon.  It's my year for that, too.  Where do you teach?

I coach in Paulding County, Georgia. I have 21 years into it, but it is my 2nd career, so I am feeling every day with energetic kids these days! You teach as well? What grade?

10 minutes ago, alexava said:

Same here. I have a huge list to do . It only gets bigger and more expensive. Also just bought another property to renovate . I’m screwed 

33 minutes ago, afblue said:

Did a bunch of chores around the house and watched my beloved AF Falcons (a 9.5 pt underdog) beat in-state rival Colorado St 45-28.  The AF Triple Option was working well.  It's not like AU beating UGA, but Mike Bobo is the CSU head coach...so maybe a just a little bit.  

I'm guessing you are military...cannot thank you enough for your service.  Military families make all the difference in my classroom when I am blessed to have them!

1 minute ago, 3rdgeneration said:

I coach in Paulding County, Georgia. I have 21 years into it, but it is my 2nd career, so I am feeling every day with energetic kids these days! You teach as well? What grade?

Kindergarten!  :Sing:Millbrook, AL.  I've taught K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, junior high gifted...K is my favorite.  It's nearing 20 for me...took 9 off to be with ours when they were younger.  4 in AL, 4 in KY prior to seminary, off, then back in for 11 in Millbrook.

1 hour ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Celebrated my mother-in-law's 76th birthday.  She was diagnosed with stage IV cancer about ten years ago.  Her one simple prayer was that she wanted to see her grandchildren grow up.  Her three year old great-granddaughter led the singing of "Happy Birthday" tonight.  She is an incredible inspiration, sickness doesn't have to be (all) doom and gloom.  God is good, even when we can't see it.

That’s powerful. Praise God 

12 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Same here. I have a huge list to do . It only gets bigger and more expensive. Also just bought another property to renovate . I’m screwed 

Hey, my husband renovated and rented houses. When it was time for our daughter to go to Auburn, he sold one and paid for 3 1/2 years of out of state tuition! Hang in there! It will be worth it.

10 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Kindergarten!  :Sing:Millbrook, AL.  I've taught K, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, junior high gifted...K is my favorite.  It's nearing 20 for me...took 9 off to be with ours when they were younger.  4 in AL, 4 in KY prior to seminary, off, then back in for 11 in Millbrook.

I knew we were kindred spirits! Kindergarten teachers tend to be optimistic, make the best out of bad situations, and take things that are complicated and try to make them simpler to understand. We also look at things from a more emotional standpoint and give people the benefit of the doubt because of that. Kindergarten is challenging, for sure, but where else can you work where you are told every day how much you are loved?

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I am getting into the same business. But this house we are living in for two or three years. Maybe longer the way I work. My biggest hold back besides work is my family. Just in the garage making good progress. You know when you are on a roll and see a stopping point 30-45 minutes out that will put you in great shape when you get started tomorrow.. Ava comes out about the fourth time guilt tripping me because she is lonely. Well she isn't lonely she is scared to go into another room alone and my wife is trying to sleep and won't let her watch her iPad in the bedroom. So that half hour I cut short will take two hours getting started back up tomorrow. Unless I get pulled off again. I need a beer.

It's been a bit of an eventful week for me. I went to the bi-annual oil and gas event in town, which is pretty big for this industry.  Our company decided to host a party at the local Pub with 6 other companies instead of having a booth.  That was a great event.  It was a chance to meet/mingle with customers you haven't met face to face.  I also got to see a couple of former coworkers I have not seen since switching jobs 6 years ago.  Food was excellent, zydeco band was great, and got to watch game 2 with a bunch of fellow Astros fans visiting from Texas.  

I have a funny story this board may appreciate. One of my customers here in Louisiana is a huge Bama fan.  We typically end the conversation with RT and War Eagle. I have never actually met this man until Wednesday night.  As soon as he walked in,  the red headed mullet in a pony tail was a dead giveaway that this was a Bama guy. 

This Saturday was a much needed rest day with the kids, watching a couple of football comebacks today.  Now, Go Astros!

1 hour ago, ToraGirl said:

I'm guessing you are military...cannot thank you enough for your service.  Military families make all the difference in my classroom when I am blessed to have them!

You caught me.  Thanks for the kind words.  I had a year at AU and then off to military school in Colorado for 4 more years to get some direction in life.  Ended up OK.  I worked with a guy from the Deatsville/Millbrook area (an AU fan as well) my last assignment before I retired...small world.

Archived