NBA Thread

aujeff11

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

are those the Blockbuster Movie Rental employee numbers of the players who played in the 90's?! lol

What numbers? MJ dominated the 80’s and 90’s. Lebron dominates the east. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

You think he is going to be a star or what? MARQUIS DANIELS!!! WOOO!!! yah they will always have a soft spot from me as well.

I think he will be better than Lonzo Ball scoring-wise. That’s not saying much.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

What numbers? MJ dominated the 80’s and 90’s. Lebron dominates the east. 

lol your gif just showed up as a bunch of random numbers on the page!!!!! LeBron dominates my heart! SOOOOOOOOOOOOO ummmmmm please answer this I saw on the nfl thread page you said barry sanders WAS BEFORE YOUR TIME to someone. Now how is that true if he who shall remain nameless was drafted 5 years BEFORE barry sanders yet he is somehow not before your time and you are well versed with him?

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I think he will be better than Lonzo Ball scoring-wise. That’s not saying much.

lmao so you are not very high on him at all. GOT IT! ouch. I thought a bromance was brewing.

Edited by GwillMac6

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol your gif just showed up as a bunch of random numbers on the page!!!!! 

I don’t know why. It’s still showing on my end ?

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Now how is that true if he who shall remain nameless was drafted 5 years BEFORE barry sanders yet he is somehow not before your time and you are well versed with him?

I am 28. MJ’s years before 97 are before my time. However, I have watched a heckuva lot more MJ games via replay than Barry. I’ve never cared to actually watch his games, his highlights suffice for my attention span as I’m not really interested in Barry Sanders. duh. In that thread, I noted that I loved his highlights though. Your whole point which points out blatant recency bias is the problem with these GOAT discussions. It’s like you’re saying, because I didn’t watch MJ play every game live, that there is no way that it is possible that he can be the GOAT. 

As for your ice cream truck driver arguments, absolutely pitiful. 

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lmao so you are not very high on him at all. GOT IT! ouch. I thought a bromance was brewing.

No, I’m just saying he is a heckuva lot better shooter than Lonzo, even though that feat isn’t hard to achieve. There may be a bromance coming. You jealous?

23 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I am 28. MJ’s years before 97 are before my time. However, I have watched a heckuva lot more MJ games via replay than Barry. I’ve never cared to actually watch his games, his highlights suffice for my attention span as I’m not really interested in Barry Sanders. duh. In that thread, I noted that I loved his highlights though. Your whole point which points out blatant recency bias is the problem with these GOAT discussions. It’s like you’re saying, because I didn’t watch MJ play every game live, that there is no way that it is possible that he can be the GOAT. 

Lol nope. Not recency bias. Showtime Lakers and Bird Celtics are some LEGIT great teams because they had 4 stars at all times. Especially the showtime lakers who besides the KD warriors I consider the most talented teams of all time. They had 2 main stars and 2 secondary stars at all time. all you can do at moments like these is WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Edited by GwillMac6

23 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

No, I’m just saying he is a heckuva lot better shooter than Lonzo, even though that feat isn’t hard to achieve. There may be a bromance coming. You jealous?

NO BUUUUUT dolla dame may be hahaha.

27 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/1982.html 82 Lakers specifically. Jamaal Wilkes has to be one of the most underrated players ever. Averaged over 21 points per game for this team and was the second leading scorer behind Kareem. THIS is a true super team. 4 guys who at least averaged 17 a game and a 5th guy who almost averaged 15 a game. THAT IS IMPRESSIVE!!!!! I LOVE IT! 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/LAL/1982.html 82 Lakers specifically. Jamaal Wilkes has to be one of the most underrated players ever. Averaged over 21 points per game for this team and was the second leading scorer behind Kareem. THIS is a true super team. 4 guys who at least averaged 17 a game and a 5th guy who almost averaged 15 a game. THAT IS IMPRESSIVE!!!!! I LOVE IT! 

That’s crazy stacked.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

NO BUUUUUT dolla dame may be hahaha.

Dollah Dame needs to get the eff out of Portland. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lol nope. Not recency bias. Showtime Lakers and Bird Celtics are some LEGIT great teams because they had 4 stars at all times. Especially the showtime lakers who besides the KD warriors I consider the most talented teams of all time. They had 2 main stars and 2 secondary stars at all time. all you can do at moments like these is WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I’ll have to jump in and take umbrage. The ‘86 Celtics> ‘87 Lakers. 

Bird

McHale

Parrish

DJ

Ainge

Walton

Carlisle

and more

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

I’ll have to jump in and take umbrage. The ‘86 Celtics> ‘87 Lakers. 

Bird

McHale

Parrish

DJ

Ainge

Walton

Carlisle

and more

lol but I did not say anything about the 87 lakers!!! I think 82 was their best team.  but yah for sure that is easily the celtics best team ever!!!! Be loud and proud about them man. MISSED YA MUHHHHHHHH DUDE! How ya been?!

Edited by GwillMac6

14 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Dollah Dame needs to get the eff out of Portland. 

hahahah they got the 3 seed last year man in the stacked west that is impressive. why do you think that?

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol but I did not say anything about the 87 lakers!!! but yah for sure that is easily the celtics best team ever!!!! Be loud and proud about them man. MISSED YA MUHHHHHHHH DUDE! How ya been?!

I couldn’t be better if I was twins. I hope all is well for you. 

Edited by aubearcat

1 minute ago, aubearcat said:

I couldn’t be better if I was twins. I hope all is well for you. 

you are a celtics team! in the best position to un seat the warriors. I bet you are! Great to hear though fammy. I will let you know after LeBron makes his decision haha.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

you are a celtics team! in the best position to un seat the warriors. I bet you are! Great to hear though fammy. I will let you know after LeBron makes his decision haha.

Errybody seems to think he’s Laker bound. He’d have some really good young players around him. 

23 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahahah they got the 3 seed last year man in the stacked west that is impressive. why do you think that?

Dame doesn’t get the love that is appropriare enough for his abilities from the nation and it’s partly because he is way out in Portland. Also, CP3 always schools Dame. Getting off of that bandwagon unless he gets traded.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Sad 1

The Dallas radio host’s sources sonned Woj’s sources. 

Doncic to the Mavs. I am on their bandwagon again.  

Lol at Atlanta!!

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

don’t know why. It’s still showing on my end ?

Now, it stopped showing and I see what you’re talking about. Weird. This site is screwy. 

• Haha 1

IMO I thought Bamba to DAL and Young to ORL would’ve worked out better for those two players.. Hard to pass up on chance for Doncic though

• Like 1

“Chauncey’s team needs” blurbs are so vague, that they’re pointless. 

Edited by aujeff11
  • Love 1