NBA Thread

aujeff11

Anybody notice that Lebron is shooting his FTs on his tippy toes? That’s def new. 

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Yeah not really shoes,more like soles under your shoes that cause you to walk on your tippy toes non-step. It was back around 2004ish. 

A different brand but these:98acdf2c-b453-49d7-8116-e3e8cf69a211

0032447_jumpsoles-training-shoes-v50.jpe

Lol! You really walked around in those. What did your parents think?

Just now, WFE12 said:

Lol! You really walked around in those. What did your parents think?

They probably thought I was a goober but hell, I wanted them calfs on swole. 

• Like 2

Dude....I want Marcus Smart in my team Everytime. Dirty play by JR. Could've been real bad.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Dude....I want Marcus Smart in my team Everytime. Dirty play by JR. Could've been real bad.

Frick JR’s dirty play. This series isn’t over though. Cavs have a lot of time until Saturday to recover. Appeared to me that Bron was gassed in the third.

36 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Frick JR’s dirty play. This series isn’t over though. Cavs have a lot of time until Saturday to recover. Appeared to me that Bron was gassed in the third.

It sure isn't but it's telling that he scored 42 and they still lost.

IMG_1191.JPG

I've long thought that Al Horford was soft but he has shown up so much lately.

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I've long thought that Al Horford was soft but he has shown up so much lately.

They’re going to be home for the next three games I think. If they lose one of those, then it’s time to panic.

JR Smith has to get going if the Cavs want a chance as well. He is throwing up bricks. Seems to me every time he and Love scores 15 they win.

Other than Hill( he’s been decent),  all of their new additions have been subpar as well.The Cavs gave up IT, Crowder, and Wade for Hill, Hood, Green, and Nance? When is those trades going to pay dividends? 

15 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

They probably thought I was a goober but hell, I wanted them calfs on swole. 

I remember those well. They were around sooner than 04, prob 99 or 00. I really wanted a pair myself but couldn't convince parents to pay or let me pay $100-150 for the shoes. They work though. 

I was a drop step dunk away from my game going to another level. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

They’re going to be home for the next three games I think. If they lose one of those, then it’s time to panic.

JR Smith has to get going if the Cavs want a chance as well. He is throwing up bricks. Seems to me every time he and Love scores 15 they win.

Other than Hill( he’s been decent),  all of their new additions have been subpar as well.The Cavs gave up IT, Crowder, and Wade for Hill, Hood, Green, and Nance? When is those trades going to pay dividends? 

Clev next two. Cavs gotta win 4. Celts just need 2 more wins. They need to make solid adjustments and I have full trust in Brad to come up with another great game plan. Only way they lose with the way the Cavs been playing is if and WHEN the refs interfere. In reality the Celts should sweep. They gotta take 1 of these games away. I think Cavs win next game....But of course I said that about last game.

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I remember those well. They were around sooner than 04, prob 99 or 00. I really wanted a pair myself but couldn't convince parents to pay or let me pay $100-150 for the shoes. They work though. 

I was a drop step dunk away from my game going to another level. 

I still really couldn’t dunk in games like I wanted to. I only did it one time but it was nice to check dunking off my bucket list. I don’t know if the shoes worked but the air alert program definitely did help. There were so many box jumps and high knee jumps calisthenics, that it would make your legs sore as heck. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Clev next two. Cavs gotta win 4. Celts just need 2 more wins. They need to make solid adjustments and I have full trust in Brad to come up with another great game plan. Only way they lose with the way the Cavs been playing is if and WHEN the refs interfere. In reality the Celts should sweep. They gotta take 1 of these games away. I think Cavs win next game....But of course I said that about last game.

I don’t know if it’s the homecooking that does it, or just comfortability, but role players certainly play better at home. Y’all will have to continue keeping JR, Klay, Hill, and somewhat Love in check. 

10 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I don’t know if it’s the homecooking that does it, or just comfortability, but role players certainly play better at home. Y’all will have to continue keeping JR, Klay, Hill, and somewhat Love in check. 

JR will keep himself in check. Not worried about him. Bron could go for 50 and they'll still lose. Weather the storm. Fight. You saw Cavs had 10 uncontested shots all game and Celts had 25 I believe they said? 

17 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

This series isn’t over though. Cavs have a lot of time until Saturday to recover.

You’re right, Celtics have to win 4. It feels though that Lebron thought he could come out and punch Boston in the mouth the first half and they would roll over and he could cruise second half. These Celtics are too resilient for that. Also, it looked like Thompson and Love were going to act like some tough guys. 

Thompson was in Morris’ face and Love was getting a little chippy with Brown. Brown will roast love with athleticism and Morris is a lot more than Thompson wants to tangle with. Right now, the Celtics just seem more athletic and mentally tougher than Cleveland. 

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

I still really couldn’t dunk in games like I wanted to. I only did it one time but it was nice to check dunking off my bucket list. I don’t know if the shoes worked but the air alert program definitely did help. There were so many box jumps and high knee jumps calisthenics, that it would make your legs sore as heck. 

I never had a dunk in a school game, but I did have a moment of glory in a pickup game my senior year during exit exam week. I poster'd 2 guys with a dunk as they went for the block. They were a step late. Best week ever, in the gym 4+ hours out of school day. 

2 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I never had a dunk in a school game, but I did have a moment of glory in a pickup game my senior year during exit exam week. I poster'd 2 guys with a dunk as they went for the block. They were a step late. Best week ever, in the gym 4+ hours out of school day. 

Nicely done   I miss them days when I was almost athletic but not really.

Houston is playing pretty good tonight.

• Like 1

The Rockets must've watched a passing fundamentals video last night.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

The Rockets must've watched a passing fundamentals video last night.

They couldn’t play any better team basketball. Was very impressive. 

• Like 1

I AM BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK early from my self imposed exile only because SO FAR KNOCK ON MOTHER FRICKIN WOOD the Warriors are by some miracle actually losing!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!! My spirits are immediately lifted after being crushed like bubba running over ole miss in 2016!!!! lol. FINISH THE DRILL HOUSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by GwillMac6

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I AM BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK early from my self imposed exile only because SO FAR KNOCK ON MOTHER FRICKIN WOOD the Warriors are by some miracle actually losing!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!! My spirits are immediately lifted after being crushed like bubba running over ole miss in 2016!!!! lol. FINISH THE DRILL HOUSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are losing. One game out of seven. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

They are losing. One game out of seven. 

WO WO WO!!! what is this attitude?!?!? you are captain rocket!!!! why the all of sudden negativity. I should the the voice of reason for you. And I take what I can get with the warriors. They will never lose a series so the 1 or 2 games they lose a series you have to enjoy it to the fullest. WOOOO!!!!!!!! LEEE LEEEEEE LEEEEEEEEETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 5/14/2018 at 10:29 PM, aujeff11 said:

The real story should be Gordon completely letting down his team. He needed to be on

Gordon was on tonight. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

Gordon was on tonight. 

yah but PJ Tucker is GOAT.  The MJ shrug will not be renamed the PJ SHRUG!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

WO WO WO!!! what is this attitude?!?!? you are captain rocket!!!! why the all of sudden negativity. I should the the voice of reason for you. And I take what I can get with the warriors. They will never lose a series so the 1 or 2 games they lose a series you have to enjoy it to the fullest. WOOOO!!!!!!!! LEEE LEEEEEE LEEEEEEEEETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am captain spectator. The rockets are doing well at home. I don’t hate GS like you do either so I’m not as hyped either way.