NBA Thread

aujeff11

7 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol omgsh NO WAAAAAAAAAY! I mean steph and klay do not have that killer instinct in them either. It is pretty bad when the 4th option is the one with the most swagger on the team who has the most dooooooooooooooooooog in him. Kd went to a perfect team for him to develop that alpha he did not have before. Only draymond has it on the warriors. Steph and Klay are as laid back as it gets for nba stars.

e.gif

I sincerely hope this is sarcasm. You should know by now that I don’t like Westbrook ball. 

• Angry 1

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I sincerely hope this is sarcasm. You should know by now that I don’t like Westbrook ball. 

lol that is very disappointing you did not KNOW that was sarcasm!!! for someone who uses sarcasm as much as you do you sure are bad at picking up on it!!! I tell people you are the czar of sarcasm! DO NOT LET ME DOWN AGAIN! haha.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

:[ I AM CRYING!! and you should be as well!

Will be a gentleman’s sweep but I’m just a spectator so it’s no biggie. Obviously I whiffed on picking Houston. Not the first time I’ve been wrong. 

• Sad 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

lol that is very disappointing you did not KNOW that was sarcasm!!! for someone who uses sarcasm as much as you do you sure are bad at picking up on it!!! I tell people you are the czar of sarcasm! DO NOT LET ME DOWN AGAIN! haha.

Had to make sure lol. I don’t want to be identified as one of the Westbrook mafia guys that think even his sh**s are gold. I want to be far from it. 

The real story should be Gordon completely letting down his team. He needed to be on. 

Will be a gentleman’s sweep but I’m just a spectator so it’s no biggie. Obviously I whiffed on picking Houston. Not the first time I’ve been wrong. 

NO ONE gets ANY joy out of this besides those sillicon valley nerds. I am sure tim cook is happy lol.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

NO ONE gets ANY joy out of this besides those sillicon valley nerds. I am sure tim cook is happy lol.

When the GS empire falls, it will crumble hard. Their seats are so expensive (and they continue bringing the prices up) that once the core breaks up and they suck, there will be crickets inside their arena.

Edited by aujeff11
  • Love 1

Just now, aujeff11 said:

When the GS empire falls, it will crumble hard. Their seats are so expensive (and they bringing the prices up) that once the core breaks up and they suck, there will be crickets inside their arena.

JUST SO LONG AS IT CRUMBLES SOON!!! PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE I BEG FOR MERCY!!! NO MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol. I cannot take this.

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Had to make sure lol. I don’t want to be identified as one of the Westbrook mafia guys that think even his sh**s are gold. I want to be far from it. 

The real story should be Gordon completely letting down his team. He needed to be on. 

I hate you cannot enjoy westbrook for what he is. He is one of the rare players I enjoy balling out besides Bron. You got to accept him for what he is which is a guy who has the biggest motor in the nba who just constantly is going full boar no matter what. It is not a recipe for winning basketball but dang it if it is not fun!!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!!! Aight lay it on me. What went wrong tonight with gordon?

11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I hate you cannot enjoy westbrook for what he is. He is one of the rare players I enjoy balling out besides Bron. You got to accept him for what he is which is a guy who has the biggest motor in the nba who just constantly is going full boar no matter what. It is not a recipe for winning basketball but dang it if it is not fun!!!! WOOOO!!!!!!!!! Aight lay it on me. What went wrong tonight with gordon?

You’re dead on about Westbrookball not being a recipe for winning. Il

Gordon missed so many shots and had crucial TO’s. He made some shots late, but he was absolute trash and he was critical in my mind alongside Paul/ Harden/ Capela to counter GS’s top four. I should’ve known though. He’s only shooting roughly 30% from three throughout the playoffs. 

Edited by aujeff11

You’re dead on about Westbrookball not being a recipe for winning. 

Gordon missed so many shots and had crucial TO’s. He made some shots late, but he was absolute trash and he was critical in my nind alongside Paul/ Harden/ Capela to counter GS’s top four. I should’ve known though. He’s only shooting roughly 30% from three throughout the playoffs. 

how many did capela had? Sounds like he had a great game but obviously it was not nearly enough.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

how many did capela had? Sounds like he had a great game but obviously it was not nearly enough.

Capela had 12 points on 6-7 shooting... most were dunks as usual. 

I have a love/hate relationship with Golden State. I love everything about them. They play such beautiful basketball. The ball movement and unselfishness is incredible.

But damn, do I hate how they're about to demolish the 2nd best team in the NBA. How much better can Houston really even play? And they still lost by double digits..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Golden State. I love everything about them. They play such beautiful basketball. The ball movement and unselfishness is incredible.

Yep. They’re a fun team to watch and Curry and Klay has pretty much revolutionized the way kids look at basketball. Shooting threes is tbe new sexy. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

But damn, do I hate how they're about to demolish the 2nd best team in the NBA. How much better can Houston really even play? And they still lost by double d

Houston played very well for a half but they really didnt help themselves in tbe second half. Too many TO’s, not enough role players hitting shots, Trevor Ariza collecting his fifth foul right after halftime, and Paul disappearing in the second half until the last minute of the game. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Yep. They’re a fun team to watch and Curry and Klay has pretty much revolutionized the way kids look at basketball. Shooting threes is tbe new sexy. 

Houston played very well for a half but they really didnt help themselves in tbe second half. Too many TO’s, not enough role players hitting shots, Trevor Ariza collecting his fifth foul right after halftime, and Paul disappearing in the second half until the last minute of the game. 

Yup yup you're right on. That 5th was really dumb of Ariza. Houston really needs both him and PJ Tucker to be out there for big chunks and be as bothersome on D as possible. 

I think when you strip it all down, it's damn near impossible for 2 iso studs to beat 4 all stars playing picture perfect team ball in a 7 game series. Maybe Houston steals 1 game but GS just has soooo much firepower.

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Shooting threes is tbe new sexy. 

Which is so different from when I was a kid and teen. We loved the monster dunk. Everybody wanted to dunk. 

51 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

Which is so different from when I was a kid and teen. We loved the monster dunk. Everybody wanted to dunk. 

Exactly. I remember like it was yesterday when I finally could jump and hit the net when I was in tbe sixth grade. Later in HS, the rim, and then eventually I could dunk. That was what all the kids in my PE wanted. I even did a program called Air Alert and wore calf shoes around the house just to increase my vertical. Kids still try to dunk but shooting the three is just as popular these days. 

34 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Exactly. I remember like it was yesterday when I finally could jump and hit the net when I was in tbe sixth grade. Later in HS, the rim, and then eventually I could dunk. That was what all the kids in my PE wanted. I even did a program called Air Alert and wore calf shoes around the house just to increase my vertical. Kids still try to dunk but shooting the three is just as popular these days. 

Calf shoes? Lol How long ago was this?

53 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Calf shoes? Lol How long ago was this?

Yeah not really shoes,more like soles under your shoes that cause you to walk on your tippy toes non-step. It was back around 2004ish. 

A different brand but these:98acdf2c-b453-49d7-8116-e3e8cf69a211

0032447_jumpsoles-training-shoes-v50.jpe

Edited by aujeff11
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, aubearcat said:

O the love for the dunk is still there. Modern nba stars can throw it down in spectacular fashion but also shoot the three. It makes for the most fun and exciting era and brand of basketball for the NBA even if old timers hang on to that dear mid range game!!!! lol

9 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

O the love for the dunk is still there. Modern nba stars can throw it down in spectacular fashion but also shoot the three. It makes for the most fun and exciting era and brand of basketball for the NBA even if old timers hang on to that dear mid range game!!!! lol

I saw a lot of mid range jump shots last night.

Your precious NBA dunk contest is filled with meh NBA players. The real stars are shooting the 3 point contest. 

34 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I saw a lot of mid range jump shots last night.

Your precious NBA dunk contest is filled with meh NBA players. The real stars are shooting the 3 point contest. 

Not this year. dunk contest was won by a bona fide stud in donovan mitchell. But yah just a different era. The legit stars do not do the dunk contest anymore most of the time. My precious nba dunk contest? Lol Only if the GOAT Zach Lavine is in it. 3 point contest should close the show because it has the way bigger names. UMMMMMMM golden state took 33 threes and hit 13 and houston took 37 threes and made 13 threes last night. You saw a lot of mid range shots by KD I am guessing last night since I read he was hitting on all cylinders in that area. WEEEEEEEEELP off to the torture chamber to watch the game you may or may not hear from me till game 3 this weekend! lol.

WOW! LBJ is on fire ?!

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

My precious nba dunk contest?

Lol. Yeah you defended the past dunk contest like it was God’s bread to man.

UMMMMMMMgolden state took 33 threes and hit 13 and houston took 37 threes and made 13 threes last night. You saw a lot of mid range shots by KD I am guessing last night since I read he was hitting on all cylinders in that area.

CP3, Shaun Livingston, and yes, Durant all feasted on the mid range jump shot last night. Just because it’s not “cool”, still doesn’t meant it’s not effective in scoring in the holes of the defense. You should actually watch the games lol.

Edited by aujeff11

5 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

WOW! LBJ is on fire ?!

That’s not good news for you bro. 

The Celtics are garbage tonight. Can’t do anything while Lebron is out, can’t rebound, can’t do much at all. 

Edited by aujeff11