NBA Thread

aujeff11

16 minutes ago, AUDub said:

5th I think. And it's hard to compare across eras. Those Boston teams with Bill Russel played in an era with like 14 teams and no cap, and were absolutely loaded with talent compared to everyone else. Lebron is dragging Cavs teams that's arguably aren't playoff teams without him kicking and screaming into the finals every year. 

Every year is an exaggeration. He’s had Wade, Irving, Love, Bosh, Allen, and other vets alongside him for all but two finals runs. This run is more akin to 2007 finals and I give him credit for both. Those are exceptional seasons. Much like AI’s when he drug a s***ty team to the finals 

I agree the Bulls would have won 8 straight.  They had a great argument on first take this morning between LBJ and MJ comparison.  Great points.  I think it is fair to say Jordan is the GOAT in one era of basketball and Lebron is the greatest in today's NBA.  Jordan will always be considered the greatest to me regardless of what Lebron or anyone else does. It was just a different era that was happening in my formative years of my childhood in regards to Sports. He was a hero to me of sorts against the villains of the Pistons, Knicks, Trailblazers etc, and against Reggie, Magic,  Bird,  Barkley,  Malone etc. I can understand today's generation feeling the same about Lebron.  I am not going to argue the differences between the two because both are the greatest during the time they played. It would be quite the contest with Prime MJ vs Prime LBJ.

• Like 1

I hope y'all know that if Lebron somehow beats the Warriors in a 7game series with the team he has y'all know it is rigged. That is all...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, WFE12 said:

F the NBA. I will not watch the Finals. This sucks even more because we still have months to go until football season and I won't have any sport to watch until then.

Yep. After the playoffs we will have log chopping contests and Nathan’s Hotdog eating contests to look forward to.  

Andre Iguodala is out tonight for game 7. He was declared “iffy” for game 6, so I’m surprised he can’t make it for game 7. Still think Paul plays. 

• Facepalm 1

29 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I hope y'all know that if Lebron somehow beats the Warriors in a 7game series with the team he has y'all know it is rigged. That is all...

Haha. It’s either that or KD intentionally held his team hostage and demanded a ransom or else he’d iso the rest of the game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Stanley Cup finals start tonight with 2 teams that have never won it.  Vegas is in it as an expansion team in its inaugural season.  That will give you something to watch ??

What channel?

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

@aujeff11 about that bet we made the other day.......

Imma jet on outta heah at 12am. Pretty surprised. Guess  I shouldn’t be.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Imma jet on outta heah at 12am. Pretty surprised. Guess  I shouldn’t be.

You don't have to do it

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

You don't have to do it

Lol. You were right and I have to square up. CP3 is disgustingly unreliable. 

4 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Why did you watch?

I watched tbe good doctor until I found out that the Rockets were up by ten at half. I don’t really hate the warriors but the finals matchup between the Cavs and the Warriors is getting old. 4 years in a row. 

16 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Lol. You were right and I have to square up. CP3 is disgustingly unreliable. 

I can't place the blame on him. That's unfair. He just is very, very unfortunate. He is up there in basketball age and there's no telling when he'll get the chance again. This is devastating for him. With all the tenured star players in the NBA he is the one that deserves a ring imo. A guy like KD whose done what he's done and playing in less years than Chris and he will get another ring. Shows you how full of bs the situation is. This will really work a doozy on his psyche like it hasn't before. Worked especially hard this whole year and just finally made his first CF appearance and that's it. He may flop and complain but he's still one of the best pg's of all-time and deserves it all but he may feel he will never get it now.

Edited by WFE12

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I watched tbe good doctor until I found out that the Rockets were up by ten at half. I don’t really hate the warriors but the finals matchup between the Cavs and the Warriors is getting old. 4 years in a row. 

It's been old and there's no reason why the ratings shouldn't go down. Series should be over in no more than 5 games. Cavs are even worse than last year...Idc what kind of year LeGassed has had. They win and it's obvious that it's fixed. I'm not watching one second of the series. All these Lebron ****riders want to boast but what will they say when he's 3-6 as he very well should be? 

Just now, WFE12 said:

With all the tenured star players in the NBA he is the one that deserves a ring imo.

Agreed. You could tell that he was hungry for a championship. 

He told a reporter before the series that he was hoping his legs would hold up though. He was just injury prone. 

3 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

guy like KD who's down what he's done and playing in less years than Chris and he will get another ring. Shows you how full of bs the situation is. 

This pissed me off so much. AI and Dirk were my first loves. Dirk is bout to be in his 21st season with Dallas and only has one championship. KD will surpass him in just his second season with GS. AI drug a team to the finals and never got to get a ring.  It’s sad.

6 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

He may flop and complain but he's still one of the best pg's of all-time and deserves it all but he may feel he will never get it now

He makes Lillard look foolish. Runs circles round him on O and holds him to nothing on D.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WFE12 said:

What channel?

Sorry. Just saw this. NBC last night for Game 1. Games 2,3 on NBCSN. The rest on NBC. Game 1 was great.  A lot of back and forth. Vegas up 1-0

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Sorry. Just saw this. NBC last night for Game 1. Games 2,3 on NBCSN. The rest on NBC. Game 1 was great.  A lot of back and forth. Vegas up 1-0

I might just watch to see if Ovechkin gets his first cup.

5 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I might just watch to see if Ovechkin gets his first cup.

He certainly deserves one.  The intro to start the finals was top notch presentation. Pretty intimidating atmosphere with flaming arrows, drums beating, and a sword fight at center ice! They had projection mapping like in the Olympics.  They made it fun.  

• Like 1

Get your pom poms ready ladies, it’s gameday! 

Schedule: 

NBA Finals Schedule:

Game 1 - Thurs. 8CT.May 31 @ GSW 

Game 2 - Sun. 7CT. June 3 @ GSW 

Game 3 - Wed. 8CT. June 6 @ CLE

Game 4 - Fri. 8CT. June 8 @ CLE

*Game 5 - Mon. 8CT. June 11 @ GSW

*Game 6 - Thurs. 8CT. June 14 @ CLE

*Game 7 - Sun. 8CT. June 17 @ GSW

DedlfMPWkAAlWLJ?format=jpg

Edited by aujeff11

On 5/27/2018 at 10:22 PM, aujeff11 said:

There is plenty to say, making it to the finals isn’t the end of the road. Two three peats>

Warriors a bit cold from 3 early and LeBron is being, well, LeBron. Not a matter of if they heat up, but when.