The TN program is a mess

gr82b4au

Just now, augolf1716 said:

I would assume Ole Miss......but I don't think Arky is going to let BB go. jmo

Ah yes I forgot about the Black Bears.  I thought BB was safe too but that beat down to USCe might turn some heads. I would say things could still get hairy for Sumlin too if the wheels come off.  

I hope TN keeps Lyle at least another season. If Stidham comes back I think we smoke them next year in Jordan Hare. We have a 6 game winning streak against them that I would love to keep adding to!

15 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Not Arky BB huge buy out and their AD loves BB imo

some dood named wally that covers arky sports says after arky beat texas the arky ad gave bb a huge buyout thinking bb had turned the corner with that game. plus they all really like him. now it seems his buyout his huge....more than our beloved gus and they either do not have the buyout money or they hate to reward him with millions for not performing up to their standards. it was on the sec network.

11 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

I can’t stand hearing Butch talk. He constantly talks in clichés and it’s so irritating to listen to.

He is a well paid used car salesman. That is how he comes across to me.

if i have this right it seems a d and an o lineman were on one one drills and one kicked the other on the face requiring a dozen or so stitches. and if i have this right ol butch said there were no fights........shrugs. we bitch about gus but jesus we could have jones. shudders...........

On 10/11/2017 at 1:02 PM, TigerOne said:

they still have the trash can right? Feel sorry for them because of that gimmick alone.

Yeah Tenn needs to be somewhat good to make updyke academy have to work for it.

Has anyone made a meme of that trash can into a trash fire?

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

He is a well paid used car salesman. That is how he comes across to me.

If I hear him say “break down the barriers,” I’m outta here.

The demise of the UT football program has been great for the teams in Nashville.  High school football is more popular than ever.   The Predators have lots of fans now and there's a proposal to bring in some sort of pro soccer team.  Vandy is still Vandy.   The Titans aren't doing that well, but you don't have to watch and listen to Butch Jones on the sidelines,  just some millionaire players protesting.  

Butch is gone at the end of the year and OM is also going to be looking for a permanent replacement.  I don't think Arky fires fat boy unless they really fall apart due to his huge buy out.  

9 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

Butch is gone at the end of the year and OM is also going to be looking for a permanent replacement.  I don't think Arky fires fat boy unless they really fall apart due to his huge buy out.  

Its been reported his buyout is only $6 million so who knows now

11 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Arky, UT and ????? 

Ole Miss,  Missouri ? ....ooops...that's 4.

Interesting that Tenn giving bama a tussle today....refs bailed bama out on a fumble/touchback ....gave them a second chance and then a third chance but UT managed to stop them anyway for a while but bama scored on forth and 1 to go up 14-0 near the half.    You can counts on the zebras to take care of the top teams....

Well, time for Saban to pull the plug on the offense and run the ball 17 straight times on first down.    That's what all the great coaches do, right?

6 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Well, time for Saban to pull the plug on the offense and run the ball 17 straight times on first down.    That's what all the great coaches do, right?

He might do that...the dam has burst....Tennessee can't stop the run....and Hurts is a very poor passer anyway.....bama off to the races now....

Well bama decided to pass...and oops...a 90 yard pick 6.

4 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

Think Butchie will survive the night or will they announce his firing tomorrow?

Guess you never know but the game was not much worse than expected.   Unless they are going to hire Gruden on Monday (:) ) I don't see what is to be gained by firing him now.   UT actually played pretty well for while but the talent of bama eventually overwhelmed UTk .....like it has done regularly this year.

But...I think Butch is gone....but might as well wait until the end of the year. 

Some posters on Volnation are saying he is gone, but some are saying that TN is prepared to keep him one more year. That would be shocking and crazy. They may go 0-for the sec, although they should beat Mizzou. 

12 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/281692-kelly-ignont-suspended.html

Starting running back and linebacker are suspended. WOW. 

Their forum is rather entertaining. One of the threads is "In hindsight, who would've been better than Butch?" Answers varied from "Crusty the Clown" to "Forrest Gump" and even "Stinky Whizzleteets" ???

Archived