Correct me if I am wrong...

aubiefifty

And I know someone will if I am wrong but in the last three years are we only two wins above .500? A friend mentioned it. If it is not true it is close. Two wins above five hundred in three years should wake everyone up. I would hate to lose Steele and company but with the talent we have we are not getting it done. And what coach in their right mind goes vanilla on o against the defending champs? If our o is going to be great then why wait? I honestly do not understand. Gus wins that game and he generates tons of goodwill. AR us armchair coach's that far off?

Just now, aubiefifty said:

And I know someone will if I am wrong but in the last three years are we only two wins above .500? A friend mentioned it. If it is not true it is close. Two wins above five hundred in three years should wake everyone up. I would hate to lose Steele and company but with the talent we have we are not getting it done. And what coach in their right mind goes vanilla on o against the defending champs? If our o is going to be great then why wait? I honestly do not understand. Gus wins that game and he generates tons of goodwill. AR us armchair coach's that far off?

You're not wrong.  It's beyond time for Gus to go.  There's no other way to put it.  He needs to pack up his BMW that he hasn't earned and hit the road. He's not waiting.  This is the best product he can put on the field and I know somewhere Nick Saban was grinning ear to ear after watching the dumpster fire that is Malzahns coaching on offense. 

19-17 over our last 36 games.  11-17 when cupcakes are removed from the equation.

Last four games against Power 5 opponents, we have scored:

7 points
12 points
19 points (really 13, there was junk TD in the Sugar Bowl with 0:01 left)
6 points

Fire. Him. Today.

13 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

19-17 over our last 36 games.  11-17 when cupcakes are removed from the equation.

Last four games against Power 5 opponents, we have scored:

7 points
12 points
19 points (really 13, there was junk TD in the Sugar Bowl with 0:01 left)
6 points

Fire. Him. Today.

painful when you see the numbers in print.

In our last 5 games against top 10 teams (I think it was top 10), the other team has outgained us by an average of 200 yards per game. When you consider how good our defense has been playing, that should be impossible. Like, seriously. It should be impossible. That puts us in Louisiana Directional territory in terms of our offensive performance. And that's going back awhile now, as the OP states. 

8 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

painful when you see the numbers in print.

It's exactly what is needed right now.  Seeing the product on the field is one thing and people can make excuses for that.  Seeing the results as hard facts is another and becomes much harder to argue against.

If you want to go even deeper, in our last 15 games against Power 5 Opponents, we have scored 19 or less 10 times.  The only exceptions are:

2015 A&M - 26

2016 Mississippi State - 38

2016 Arkansas - 56

2016 Ole Miss - 40

2016 Vanderbilt - 23

19 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's exactly what is needed right now.  Seeing the product on the field is one thing and people can make excuses for that.  Seeing the results as hard facts is another and becomes much harder to argue against.

If you want to go even deeper, in our last 15 games against Power 5 Opponents, we have scored 19 or less 10 times.  The only exceptions are:

2015 A&M - 26

2016 Mississippi State - 38

2016 Arkansas - 56

2016 Ole Miss - 40

2016 Vanderbilt - 23

Huh. What do those 3 games have in common...

Just now, McLoofus said:

Huh. What do those 3 games have in common...

You mean the three games where Gus supposedly wasn't calling the offense last year?  Yeah, I know.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

You mean the three games where Gus supposedly wasn't calling the offense last year?  Yeah, I know.

Rhett Lashlee + Sean White > Gus Malzahn + Jarrett Stidham

I hope that's really sinking in on some folks. And I don't point it out to praise Lashlee and Sean. (Although a lot of us tried to tell a lot of others that Sean was never the problem until he got hurt.)

Archived