Great Speech By pres. Trump Tonight

Pres. Trump gave a very powerful speech tonight at the Kennedy Center honoring our Veterans. No teleprompter. He spoke from his heart and got continuous standing ovations. Made me so proud to be an American. He is already doing so much for our vets that he gets no credit for in the media.Good old CNN didn't bother to even cover it If this guy is not mentally well, we need more mentally ill leaders in Washington.

i wish the Pres. would knock off his attention getting tweets and tweet more about what he is accomplishing. But he is what he is, a breath of fresh air. I love him!!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/01/trump-honors-veterans-at-celebrate-freedom-rally.html

The puppy love stage is so cute.

A speech doesn't make up for all the other words he's said for the last two years.  Sorry.

13 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

The puppy love stage is so cute.

A speech doesn't make up for all the other words he's said for the last two years.  Sorry.

The speech was about our veterans with many in attendance. Guess you dislike our POTUS so much you can't even give him credit for recognizing vets and all he is doing for them. i will take puppy love on=ver hate any day.

11 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

What is Trump doing for vets? 

Well for examples he has increased funding for VA hospitals, allowed them to go see private doctors in many case, and got legislation approved making all VA employees accountable for their work in VA hospitals, fulfilling one of his campaign promises. If the media (other than FOX) covered it you might know. Look here:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/06/02/trump-signs-bills-to-help-police-officers-veterans.html

8 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Well for examples he has increased funding for VA hospitals, allowed them to go see private doctors in many case, and got legislation approved making all VA employees accountable for their work in VA hospitals, fulfilling one of his campaign If the media covered it you might know.

And he is doing this by trimming individual unemployability benefit payments to retirement age veterans. 

2 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

And he is doing this by trimming individual unemployability benefit payments to retirement age veterans. 

Source? I didn't know any Trump budget had been passed. And I follow several vet news sites and have any complaining about any such cuts.

14 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Source? I didn't know any Trump budget had been passed. And I follow several vet news sites and have any complaining about any such cuts.

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/trump-budget-va-boosts-benefits-trims

Under current policies, the Individual Unemployability program allows VA to award payouts at the 100-percent disabled rate to veterans who cannot find work due to service-connected injuries, even if they are not deemed 100-percent disabled. The number of program recipients has tripled since 2000, reaching almost 339,000 in fiscal 2016. 

Trump has proposed stopping those payouts once veterans are eligible for Social Security retirement benefits, arguing the practice now amounts to “the duplication of benefits.” It would impact more than 225,000 veterans receiving the payouts today.

45 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/trump-budget-va-boosts-benefits-trims

Under current policies, the Individual Unemployability program allows VA to award payouts at the 100-percent disabled rate to veterans who cannot find work due to service-connected injuries, even if they are not deemed 100-percent disabled. The number of program recipients has tripled since 2000, reaching almost 339,000 in fiscal 2016. 

Trump has proposed stopping those payouts once veterans are eligible for Social Security retirement benefits, arguing the practice now amounts to “the duplication of benefits.” It would impact more than 225,000 veterans receiving the payouts today.

I don't hav a problem with that if the tradeoff is better health care benefits for them.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

I don't hav a problem with that if the tradeoff is better health care benefits for them.

The GOP has an obsession with dismantling SS which is what Trump thinks these vets should live on. You may not have a problem with it but there are vets that do.

38 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

The GOP has an obsession with dismantling SS which is what Trump thinks these vets should live on. You may not have a problem with it but there are vets that do.

Almost every financial expert and the CBO itself say that SS and medicade as they now exist aren't sustainable. Something has to be done and the Dems sure won't touch it or they are doomed. Right now I will trust Trump to see that vets aren't hurt. He seems passionate about taking care of the vets and at this time all the vet organizations support him.

Thank you for being concerned about our vets. I for one donate  to support various vet orgs.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Well, he hasn't authored an appropriations bill to add money to the VA has he?

All he can do is shift other funding, so knowing what he cut is kind of important.

23 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Almost every financial expert and the CBO itself say that SS and medicade as they now exist aren't sustainable. Something has to be done and the Dems sure won't touch it or they are doomed. Right now I will trust Trump to see that vets aren't hurt. He seems passionate about taking care of the vets and at this time all the vet organizations support him.

Thank you for being concerned about our vets. I for one donate  to support various vet orgs.

What makes you think the Democrats won't touch it?  

Unlike the GOP, they are willing to raise taxes to pay for veteran's care if it's necessary.

23 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Is that the same CBO that the GOP says isn't accurate on healthcare? 

Where you see Trump as passionate about taking care of veterans, I see him as a man who said a POW wasn't a war hero because he was captured. I see him as a man who has mocked vets with PTSD by saying they weren't tough enough. I see him as a man who congratulated rather than thanked a Purple Heart recipient. I see him as a man who said his sex life was his own personal Vietnam. It's very hard for me to believe after hearing him say those thing that he is concerned about veterans. 

44 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Is that the same CBO that the GOP says isn't accurate on healthcare? 

Where you see Trump as passionate about taking care of veterans, I see him as a man who said a POW wasn't a war hero because he was captured. I see him as a man who has mocked vets with PTSD by saying they weren't tough enough. I see him as a man who congratulated rather than thanked a Purple Heart recipient. I see him as a man who said his sex life was his own personal Vietnam. It's very hard for me to believe after hearing him say those thing that he is concerned about veterans. 

But I bet you thought it was OK for Michelle to say the traitor Bergdahl was an honorable soldier

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

But I bet you thought it was OK for Michelle to say the traitor Bergdahl was an honorable soldier

"But Obama....!"

The defense that never dies.

5 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

The speech was about our veterans with many in attendance. Guess you dislike our POTUS so much you can't even give him credit for recognizing vets and all he is doing for them. i will take puppy love on=ver hate any day.

Actually, from the reports I've read, he spent more time pandering to the evangelicals and attacking the press than he did on the military.

40 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Good Grief.

That's just embarrassingly pathetic.  

PT, if you can't up your game you need to stop posting here.  It's degrading. 

41 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

And again when you can't defend Trump on a topic bring up an Obama or a Clinton. 

13 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

And again when you can't defend Trump on a topic bring up an Obama or a Clinton. 

That's kind of hypocritical when  with Obama was pres. Dems here referred back to Bush all the time.

So why is Obama and his administration off limits now?

27 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

That's kind of hypocritical when  with Obama was pres. Dems here referred back to Bush all the time.

It's a political forum. If it makes you happy to refer back to Obama then go ahead, knock yourself out. But here's the thing, you can come up with a thousand "but Obama"'s and it still doesn't change the horrible things that the president you brag on said about vets. 

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Meanwhile Obama is touring the world complaining about the US and POTUS....in his case he's the former president who just won't shut up and retire....so pretty much anything someone wants to say about his policies should be considered fair game.now too.   But at least the Dems have finally quit complaining about W....and seemed to jump right over the past 8 years and instead have made DT's six months the cause of every problem that has existed for a decade. 

21 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Meanwhile Obama is touring the world complaining about the US and POTUS....in his case he's the former president who just won't shut up and retire....so pretty much anything someone wants to say about his policies should be considered fair game.now too.   But at least the Dems have finally quit complaining about W....and seemed to jump right over the past 8 years and instead have made DT's six months the cause of every problem that has existed for a decade. 

That's some psycho-worthy babbling there.

50 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Thank you.

Archived