A Trip to Tuscaloosa?

jaydubb121

Gibson's and Whitt's are OK for you regular dining. But Lonestar and Outback has them beat by a mile for ribs. Actually the best Bar BQ I ever had in the Huntsville area was cooked in an otdoor pit by an old fellow in Owens Cross Rds. area. You just went out and knocked on the door of his house door and he would come outside to his pit and get you what you wanted. Unfortunately he's not doing it anymore. Maybe Ravad has been there too?

147304[/snapback]

I have been there but you know I am one of those transferred Yankee's who really does not know get the BARBQUE thing. :(

HOWEVER I do know Ribs & Wings and the best way is to buy them from the butcher and...

WINGS: Wash, Deep fry them for about 12 minutes @ about 375 degrees (crispy)

Toss them in some paper towels to get the excess grease off then toss them in the BEST sauce you can buy....Beauregard’s (and cheap, they will sell you a 16 ounce cup for $2.

RIBS: Wash, Pour a little Moore’s on, put directly on heat of charcoal & wood chips Barbeque for about 5 minutes per side move off the heat for about 30 minutes covered (Weber's are great grills) Turn on oven to 350 Degrees wrap in aluminum foil, lather on your favorite sauce and about 1/4 cup of water put in oven for 90 minutes...FALL OFF THE BONE...MMMMMMMMMM GOOD!

ENJOY!!!

O hey and, go Jaydub and please report back to us all the illegal recruiting violations!

We won't tell anyone else. ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived