"Worst Movie Ever Made" Thread

Wishbone

Well, I'm no big sci-fi/fantasy junkie, so I won't be watching Dune again, although it could be debated that I watched it the first time.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned "Ishtar"...I never saw it, but it was synonymous with "steaming pile of crap" for many years. Maybe it was better than I heard?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought that Dune was a "nice try" to adapt the book. But Dune (the book) is one of those stories that's almost impossible to bring to the big screen. I enjoy the movie, but becuase I've read the book many times (that and Lord of the Rings remain the only non-fiction books I've read more than once, I think I've read each of them about 10 times), I kinda know what the director is trying to do. Special effects were great, for it's time. I thought the Sci-Fi channel's remake of it was better in terms of staying closer to the book, but the movies special effects were better.

How about Batman and Robin. Wow, talk about a bad movie! Bat Nipples on the bat suit??? :puke: I habe hope for Batman Begins this summer, though.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Dune was an amazing book, but a horrible movie. If you didn't already have the background, you could not keep up.

How about

THE TOXIC AVENGER

I thought Dune was great, even for the 80's. They need to remake it...I bet it'd be even better. I guess I need to read the book...

And speaking of the 80's, I loved The Last Starfighter as a kid...but geeeeeze it's a bad movie.

Have any of you seen Gigli? All the reviews trashed it, so I didn't bother.

The Grifters would have to rank high on any list of bad movies. There was a good cast, but what a dog! Annette Bening sure looked good.

Plot Outline: A small-time conman has torn loyalties between his estranged mother and new girlfriend--both of whom are high-stakes grifters with their own angles to play.

Have any of you seen Gigli?  All the reviews trashed it, so I didn't bother.

145479[/snapback]

I was doing some consulting work in the Boston area when this came out on DVD. I was in a Suncoast Movie Company store, and was talking to one of the workers about it. He told me that he took 30 copies of the DVD, and put them OUTSIDE the store, and left them there. Came back 2 hours later, and all 30 were still there.

Let's not forget the Good old "junction boys" :big:

I thought Dune was great, even for the 80's.  They need to remake it...I bet it'd be even better.  I guess I need to read the book...

And speaking of the 80's, I loved The Last Starfighter as a kid...but geeeeeze it's a bad movie.

145413[/snapback]

Speaking of which, when I was at AU, The Last Starfighter come on every day on HBO just as I was getting home from class. I swear I watched that thing at least 17 times.

Wasn't a great movie, but was watchable.

Another one that falls in this category is REMO WILLIAMS. Saw it too many times also thanks to AU HBO.

I actually wint to the movies to see Ishtar. I was young and had no girl. It was an extremely boring movie with no redeaming qualities. But I have rarely walked out on a movie. I usually suffer through just to see if it has ANY redeeming qualities.

lebowski, spaceballs, and teenwolf are classic. isn't it common knowledge that werewolves are great ballers? geez, what kinda question is that?? ;)

you are all commies if you don't like lebowski... totally over the line, donnie!

i didn't like dune all that much. and cc i'm also one of those guys who won't walk out of a movie. i watched battlefield earth (for free) all the way through. that is AWFUL.

I love Chris Farley, but "Almost Heroes" was unbearably bad. It's still a shame that he OD'ed, he was working on a 3 Stooges movie where he was playing Curly.

"Xanadu"  :D

145241[/snapback]

WRONG!!! I LOVED Xanadu, as did every little girl who wanted to be ONJ on roller skates. She even got to dance with Gene Kelly!! I can STILL sing nearly every song from that movie. Some of ONJ's best songs are from that movie!!! i actually saw that in the theater, and watch it on TV every chance I get. :femsmile:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned "Ishtar"...I never saw it, but it was synonymous with "steaming pile of crap" for many years.  Maybe it was better than I heard?

145347[/snapback]

"Ishtar" was actually going to be my suggestion - I went to the movie to see that because it was Hoffman and Beaty - we kept sitting there, thinking "It has GOT to get better!" And it never did. Horrific. Traumatic, even. :puke:

The Monty Python movie(s) are pretty bad too.  The 70's and 80's British comedy is just dumb...and the accents make it worse.  icon9.gif

145235[/snapback]

As for YOU, Numa - Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Now go away before I taunt you a second tima-a!!! :angry:

Jenny, just kidding about Xanadu. My girls and my Lovelly Bride LOVE that movie.

(And, I have been forced to watch it many times. ONJ is one of my favorites. Not to mention Gene Kelly.) :D

Not so much the movie , but , the soundtrack that I like.

How about Catwoman? It was the in-flight movie when I flew to Vegas right before Christmas. It was unbearable. I was mad that I spent $2 to buy the headset to watch it (actually $4, considering I had to buy my g/f's headset, too). I didn't bring anything to read on the flight, so it was the only thing to do to kill a couple of hours. Even a few cocktails didn't make it any more enjoyable.

How about Catwoman?  It was the in-flight movie when I flew to Vegas right before Christmas.  It was unbearable.  I was mad that I spent $2 to buy the headset to watch it (actually $4, considering I had to buy my g/f's headset, too).  I didn't bring anything to read on the flight, so it was the only thing to do to kill a couple of hours.  Even a few cocktails didn't make it any more enjoyable.

145811[/snapback]

If I were a typical guy, oh, say, WarTim for instance, my reply might go something like this...

"Dude, Halle Berry was in a leather cat suit and carried a whip. You mean there was dialog?????"

:bounce:

:big:

How about Catwoman?  It was the in-flight movie when I flew to Vegas right before Christmas.  It was unbearable.  I was mad that I spent $2 to buy the headset to watch it (actually $4, considering I had to buy my g/f's headset, too).  I didn't bring anything to read on the flight, so it was the only thing to do to kill a couple of hours.  Even a few cocktails didn't make it any more enjoyable.

145811[/snapback]

If I were a typical guy, oh, say, WarTim for instance, my reply might go something like this...

"Dude, Halle Berry was in a leather cat suit and carried a whip. You mean there was dialog?????"

:bounce:

:big:

145838[/snapback]

My wife and I watched Catwoman last might and was pleasantly surprised. It was not a bad movie. It was Catwoman. What else do think they coudl have done to get an oscar out of it. For what it was, it was enjoyable.

AND, DUDE, HALLE BERRY WAS SPORTIN A LEATHER SUIT AND CRACKED A WHIP!

Whew, its getting hot in here.......

Archived