Leaks Suggest Trump’s Own Team Is Alarmed By His Conduct

homersapien

Trump is clearly unfit for office. Who is going to exert his authority?

White House leaks are common, but leakers suggesting the president might be unfit for office are not.

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump was confused about the dollar: Was it a strong one that’s good for the economy? Or a weak one?

So he made a call ― except not to any of the business leaders Trump brought into his administration or even to an old friend from his days in real estate. Instead, he called his national security adviser, retired Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn, according to two sources familiar with Flynn’s accounts of the incident.

Flynn has a long record in counterintelligence but not in macroeconomics. And he told Trump he didn’t know, that it wasn’t his area of expertise, that, perhaps, Trump should ask an economist instead.

Trump was not thrilled with that response ― but that may have been a function of the time of day. Trump had placed the call at 3 a.m., according to one of Flynn’s retellings ― although neither the White House nor Flynn’s office responded to requests for confirmation about that detail.

Read the rest at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-administration-leaks_us_589a45f1e4b04061313a1fbb? 

21 hours ago, homersapien said:

Trump is clearly unfit for office. Who is going to exert his authority?

White House leaks are common, but leakers suggesting the president might be unfit for office are not.

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump was confused about the dollar: Was it a strong one that’s good for the economy? Or a weak one?

So he made a call ― except not to any of the business leaders Trump brought into his administration or even to an old friend from his days in real estate. Instead, he called his national security adviser, retired Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn, according to two sources familiar with Flynn’s accounts of the incident.

Flynn has a long record in counterintelligence but not in macroeconomics. And he told Trump he didn’t know, that it wasn’t his area of expertise, that, perhaps, Trump should ask an economist instead.

Trump was not thrilled with that response ― but that may have been a function of the time of day. Trump had placed the call at 3 a.m., according to one of Flynn’s retellings ― although neither the White House nor Flynn’s office responded to requests for confirmation about that detail.

Read the rest at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-administration-leaks_us_589a45f1e4b04061313a1fbb? 

yea, even if true will not be verified. no way to verify. if it is true either drumpf or Flynn is on the bottle.i kinda doubt it's true cause he didn't ask Putin.

I've read several articles addressing this issue. General consensus is that leaks happen in every administration but not this early and to this degree. It suggests people are concerned about mental stability of POTUS. 

Don't know if it is legit or not but there is a rogue POTUS staff account on Twitter. One conservative blogger suggests this account is being run by Steve Bannon. Regardless, the amount of insanity in this administration is clear. 

This is what I would call "fake" news.  Someone's biased opinion thrown out as fact with a headline meant to cause dissension.  Pretty sad "reporting".

15 minutes ago, LakeBum said:

This is what I would call "fake" news.  Someone's biased opinion thrown out as fact with a headline meant to cause dissension.  Pretty sad "reporting".

While I agree that the headline is certainly a bit over-dramatic and that HuffPo isn't a great source for information, I have seen this same report regarding Trump calling Flynn at 3 a.m. about the economy in several other publications that have much more mainstream credibility.  And as Elle correctly said, leaks do happen in every administration.  However the number of leaks happening so far and the damaging of POTUS's credibility within those leaks is pretty unprecedented at this point of a presidency. 

2 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

While I agree that the headline is certainly a bit over-dramatic and that HuffPo isn't a great source for information, I have seen this same report regarding Trump calling Flynn at 3 a.m. about the economy in several other publications that have much more mainstream credibility.  And as Elle correctly said, leaks do happen in every administration.  However the number of leaks happening so far and the damaging of POTUS's credibility within those leaks is pretty unprecedented at this point of a presidency. 

The number of leaks being publicized is a lot greater probably because the media wants to portray Trump in a bad light.  It could be the number of leaks is the same or less, but the media has chosen to make a big deal of them because of their disdain for Trump.  Obviously, speculation on my part, as it is on everyone else's part because there is no factual information available.

13 minutes ago, LakeBum said:

The number of leaks being publicized is a lot greater probably because the media wants to portray Trump in a bad light.  It could be the number of leaks is the same or less, but the media has chosen to make a big deal of them because of their disdain for Trump.  Obviously, speculation on my part, as it is on everyone else's part because there is no factual information available.

I think this reasoning amounts to believing something that fits a convenient narrative instead of looking at objective reality.  Media members who have covered administrations for 30+ years have flat out said that the amount of leaks is unprecedented.

Think of it this way.  If a football reporter says "recruiting has really changed in the last 30 years based on sources from inside the athletic complex", would you take it seriously or no?  Remember, you have no direct knowledge about what is going on inside a recruiting visit other than what is leaked out by those in the know.  Does their expertise somehow become an agenda or is it maybe possible that they are making an educated observation about something which they have covered for years and years?

25 minutes ago, LakeBum said:

I suggest searching "Trump administration leaks".

Frankly, I think his tweets are just as revealing.

9 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I think this reasoning amounts to believing something that fits a convenient narrative instead of looking at objective reality.  Media members who have covered administrations for 30+ years have flat out said that the amount of leaks is unprecedented.

Think of it this way.  If a football reporter says "recruiting has really changed in the last 30 years based on sources from inside the athletic complex", would you take it seriously or no?  Remember, you have no direct knowledge about what is going on inside a recruiting visit other than what is leaked out by those in the know.  Does their expertise somehow become an agenda or is it maybe possible that they are making an educated observation about something which they have covered for years and years?

That is a good analogy and I would probably take it seriously in your example.  Now let's suppose the football reporter is Thayer Evans.  Now, I would question his agenda.  We may disagree on the bias of the media and that is fine with me.  I realize that a lot of people believe what the mainstream media publishes and they believe they have no agenda other than providing news for the benefit of all.

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I suggest searching "Trump administration leaks".

Frankly, I think his tweets are just as revealing.

I have read where many of the Obama staffers are trying to hang onto their federal jobs because they can't find other jobs and while they despise working in the Trump administration, they have little choice. Is that "fake news"?  Probably, but it could relate to some of those leaks you refer to in your Goggle Search. 

There are a lot of federal workers that are afraid of losing their cushy jobs if Trump follows through on his campaign promise to drain the swamp. It is possible they have an "agenda", too. 

49 minutes ago, LakeBum said:

Trump portrays himself in a bad light all by himself. 

27 minutes ago, LakeBum said:

I have read where many of the Obama staffers are trying to hang onto their federal jobs because they can't find other jobs and while they despise working in the Trump administration, they have little choice. Is that "fake news"?  Probably, but it could relate to some of those leaks you refer to in your Goggle Search. 

There are a lot of federal workers that are afraid of losing their cushy jobs if Trump follows through on his campaign promise to drain the swamp. It is possible they have an "agenda", too. 

Drain the swamp?  :laugh:

http://www.newsweek.com/2017/02/17/donald-trump-drain-swamp-lobbyists-553809.html

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-drain-swamp-promise-232938

http://time.com/donald-trump-drain-swamp/

1 hour ago, LakeBum said:

The media has no particular desire to portray Trump in a bad light.  Ratings, and thus revenue, are the motive behind the media.  The American viewing public loves bad news, scandal, and sensationalist spin more than anything else.  This makes President Trump their favorite President yet, as he is rather relentless in portraying himself in a bad light.  All media outlets have to do is roll with it.

I was a fan of a television news outlet (Headline News) that basically presented nothing but a brief overview of facts about any given story.  At any time of day, you could be brought up to speed with the international basics in 30 minutes.  No opinion or editorializing.  It was up to you to obtain more information and form an opinion.  News outlets now are usually little more than confirmation bias networks.  Facts are less important than presentation, as the majority of the target audience is known to be disinterested in independent verification.  I cannot blame the media for willingly taking advantage of America's shortcomings in critical-thinking, as all they are doing is giving us what we want and profiting from it.

4 hours ago, Strychnine said:

The media has no particular desire to portray Trump in a bad light.  Ratings, and thus revenue, are the motive behind the media.  The American viewing public loves bad news, scandal, and sensationalist spin more than anything else.  This makes President Trump their favorite President yet, as he is rather relentless in portraying himself in a bad light.  All media outlets have to do is roll with it.

I was a fan of a television news outlet (Headline News) that basically presented nothing but a brief overview of facts about any given story.  At any time of day, you could be brought up to speed with the international basics in 30 minutes.  No opinion or editorializing.  It was up to you to obtain more information and form an opinion.  News outlets now are usually little more than confirmation bias networks.  Facts are less important than presentation, as the majority of the target audience is known to be disinterested in independent verification.  I cannot blame the media for willingly taking advantage of America's shortcomings in critical-thinking, as all they are doing is giving us what we want and profiting from it.

I blame 'em. But I also understand it.

5 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I blame 'em. But I also understand it.

Well, I was certainly not endorsing it.  That said, ICHY has a good point in a lot of his rants against partisanship.  Our media feeds it, and our politicians have tuned into it as well.  The actual good of the country, and indeed governing itself, have largely taken a backseat to Republicans right, Democrats wrong and vice versa.  It bothers me because I remember a time when opposing views could conversate and compromise, without thinking that the opposing viewpoint suffered from a mental disorder simply for holding an opposing viewpoint.  Productive bipartisanship cannot really exist in the current political landscape.  It really disturbs me because it seems like that is how entirely too many people want it to be.

1 hour ago, Strychnine said:

Well, I was certainly not endorsing it.  That said, ICHY has a good point in a lot of his rants against partisanship.  Our media feeds it, and our politicians have tuned into it as well.  The actual good of the country, and indeed governing itself, have largely taken a backseat to Republicans right, Democrats wrong and vice versa.  It bothers me because I remember a time when opposing views could conversate and compromise, without thinking that the opposing viewpoint suffered from a mental disorder simply for holding an opposing viewpoint.  Productive bipartisanship cannot really exist in the current political landscape.  It really disturbs me because it seems like that is how entirely too many people want it to be.

Think you are repeating what Limbaugh said today. Sad but we are divided and in another Civil War.

11 hours ago, LakeBum said:

That's stupid.  These leaks aren't coming from Democrats.  

You are insulting our intelligence.

4 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Think you are repeating what Limbaugh said today. Sad but we are divided and in another Civil War.

Limbaugh ?!!   :laugh:

Boom!  There goes my irony meter.

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Limbaugh ?!!   :laugh:

Boom!  There goes my irony meter.

just repeating what the man said today while listening in passing. not agreeing, not defending - apparently you have a problem with some things do you not?

6 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

just repeating what the man said today while listening in passing. not agreeing, not defending - apparently you have a problem with some things do you not?

I have a problem with Limbaugh - who's career has been based on fomenting divisiveness - lamenting it exists in our culture.

I should think that would be obvious.

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

I have a problem with Limbaugh - who's career has been based on fomenting divisiveness - lamenting it exists in our culture.

I should think that would be obvious.

Smell the coffee. Very divisive without Limbaugh. Real world out there Homie. 

I have problem with SNL, MSNBC..................

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Smell the coffee. Very divisive without Limbaugh. Real world out there Homie. 

I have problem with SNL, MSNBC..................

I hope you are being sarcastic. SNL? 

Archived