Trump Wants a War

GiveEmElle

It's an inconceivably scary thought that the Trump administration is simply winging it, breakneck, disrupting and detonating and taking America apart - and all of it without a plan. But here's the even scarier possibility - that there is, in fact, a plan.

http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/1.769002

Some might say that we are already in one, we've just decided to ignore it.  Now when I say that I'm not saying the entire religion of Islam is at war, but there are certainly groups that believe and follow out in jihadism. 

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Some might say that we are already in one, we've just decided to ignore it.  Now when I say that I'm not saying the entire religion of Islam is at war, but there are certainly groups that believe and follow out in jihadism. 

Trying to contain - instead of enflaming it - is not "ignoring" it.

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Trying to contain - instead of enflaming it - is not "ignoring" it.

True, but not acknowledging there are people that fundamentally, no matter what, what us wiped out is also a big problem

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

True, but not acknowledging there are people that fundamentally, no matter what, what us wiped out is also a big problem

I don't think that is the problem.  Just the opposite actually.  I think we are becoming a little hysterical.  And it will be counter-productive.

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I don't think that is the problem.  Just the opposite actually.  I think we are becoming a little hysterical.  And it will be counter-productive.

The creation of hysteria and panic are the drum beats of war. 

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

While I agree there is a lot of hyperbolic speech that inflames, I also believe there is real action and threats from the other side.  I don't think there will ever be a chance of peace, because a faction of one side doesn't want it.

26 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

The creation of hysteria and panic are the drum beats of war. 

So are the bombings and beheadings the rest of the orchestra?

42 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We lose 3,000 on 9/11 and respond by spending trillions and losing 16,000 and counting, plus horrific disabling injuries. We need to respond rationally.

40 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Not really.  Perspective is important.

I would argue that our current political civil war is a much, much larger threat.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So are the bombings and beheadings the rest of the orchestra?

I don't know. Are the 142 school shootings since 2012 an orchestra for gun control? More Americans have lost their lives to gun violence, where's that war? 

I'm not saying Radical Islamic terrorism doesn't exist. I'm saying that America has much more threatening issues. Just because a radical anti-Semitic,who through an ignorant narcissistic that doesn't read what he signs and unknowingly places said radical in power,  wants a war doesn't mean we should fight it.

This article seems like the creation of hysteria and panic from the left because they lost. We are not in a Holy war but there are people who claim to be Muslim that have said they are in a Holy War against anybody who not only is not Muslim but is not the right kind of Muslim. The previous administration tried to say they are not real Muslims but their influence in the Muslim world has grown. Is Trump possibly over-reacting maybe but we do have to accept that there are people who are attacking us and other Muslims and we can't ignore that the roots of this is in the Muslim world.

9 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

We lose 3,000 on 9/11 and respond by spending trillions and losing 16,000 and counting, plus horrific disabling injuries. We need to respond rationally.

Completely agree 100%

6 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Not really.  Perspective is important.

I would argue that our current political civil war is a much, much larger threat.

I would too

2 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I don't know. Are the 142 school shootings since 2012 an orchestra for gun control? More Americans have lost their lives to gun violence, where's that war? 

I'm not saying Radical Islamic terrorism doesn't exist. I'm saying that America has much more threatening issues. Just because a radical anti-Semitic,who through an ignorant narcissistic that doesn't read what he signs and unknowingly places said radical in power,  wants a war doesn't mean we should fight it.

More Americans have lost their lives to gun violence compared to what?

I agree about more important issues, but I do think being vigilant against those that openly admit they want us dead is important.

2 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

It's an inconceivably scary thought that the Trump administration is simply winging it, breakneck, disrupting and detonating and taking America apart - and all of it without a plan. But here's the even scarier possibility - that there is, in fact, a plan.

http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/1.769002

This is not fact as you state. Even the article says OPINION. Looks like the Dems are the ones now flying the black helicopters.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

"We're becoming a little hysterical"

Says the guy who goes into some authoritarian spiel over every single ridiculous Trump story that breaks daily.  I know this will probably disappoint you, but the goofy orange guy with the ridiculous hair from The Apprentice really isn't Hitler.

58 minutes ago, metafour said:

"We're becoming a little hysterical"

Says the guy who goes into some authoritarian spiel over every single ridiculous Trump story that breaks daily.  I know this will probably disappoint you, but the goofy orange guy with the ridiculous hair from The Apprentice really isn't Hitler.

You mean the ones that he tweets at celebrities or the menacing and bullying of the press? The alternative facts? The lack of an attempt to unify this divide we see. Hell, he earns his daily "ridiculous stories". I think he embellishes them. So just get prepared for more spiels. 

2 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

This is not fact as you state. Even the article says OPINION. Looks like the Dems are the ones now flying the black helicopters.

You may want to reread. I didn't state anything was a fact. The article said the scary thing was if "in fact there is a plan."

You had to wait eight years to use that black helicopter line, didn't you? The difference is, as you pointed out, the article says OPINION. We aren't even off the tarmac dear. 

The nation is headed into a situation where we are split up by region based on political and ideological leanings. We were already headed there but now it will be accelerated.

2 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

You may want to reread. I didn't state anything was a fact. The article said the scary thing was if "in fact there is a plan."

You had to wait eight years to use that black helicopter line, didn't you? The difference is, as you pointed out, the article says OPINION. We aren't even off the tarmac dear. 

In your OP you said "there is in FACT a plan". What is the plan? The tirle of your paot is "Trump Wants a War." Where is YOUR proof of that.?

8 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

In your OP you said "there is in FACT a plan". What is the plan? The tirle of your paot is "Trump Wants a War." Where is YOUR proof of that.?

America Needs an Enemy, Any Enemy

Trump’s White House is already putting together a long list of foes

https://warisboring.com/america-needs-an-enemy-any-enemy-b826003113ac#.pxid05ybi

11 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Proof? Who needs proof? In case you haven't noticed, the trend is to throw nonsense out in hopes enough ignorant souls buy it. And I hate to tell ya, there is a very real market of ignorant folks buying it. 

1 hour ago, AUUSN said:

America Needs an Enemy, Any Enemy

Trump’s White House is already putting together a long list of foes

https://warisboring.com/america-needs-an-enemy-any-enemy-b826003113ac#.pxid05ybi

ra Chernus is professor emeritus of religious studies at the University of Colorado at Boulder and author of the online MythicAmerica: Essays. He is a regular contributor at TomDispatch, where this article originally appeared.

Archived