This isn’t diplomacy

AUDub

36 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That can go both ways...like those wanting catastrophic failure and dreaming of impeachment.

I don't like Trump personally and think he has struggled so far in his implementation of his presidency, but I'm not a fan of people giddy with anticipation that our president fail. That, to me, is sad. Its the same as some were towards Obama or would have been towards HC. Instead of people trying to work the problem they dig their heels in and close their eyes hoping 4 years goes by quickly. That's why nothing ever gets done and nothing ever gets better.

Just to clarify I certainly do not want for the country to experience "catastropic failure".  

In fact, that's my point in opposing Trump.

I do fully expect Trump to fail, I just hope it happens in the form of an impeachment instead of a nuclear war (for example). Meanwhile, I just hope the damage he is doing to our institutions and traditions is not irreparable.

I realize my opinion of Trump may seem extreme to some, but it's not irrational.  He's 70 years old and his entire life history is out there for people to research and find out who he is in terms of values and motivation.  It's not a secret.

He's demonstrating his unfitness for the office almost every day. I don't think wanting such a man to be removed from office asap is sad.  If anything, it's patriotic.

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

They've been running roughshod there for a little longer than 14 days.

Oh then never mind. Good luck Ukraine...

Just now, AUUSN said:

Oh then never mind. Good luck Ukraine...

I'm just wondering why you bring it up now? Its been happening for some time. And honestly, how would you feel if he did order some sort of military action in the region?

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm just wondering why you bring it up now? Its been happening for some time. And honestly, how would you feel if he did order some sort of military action in the region?

I and the ones who are now suddenly silent spoke out about Crimea and Ukraine. I'm the only one 'bringing up now'

Those Trump supporters now? A collective Meh...

5 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

I and the ones who are now suddenly silent spoke out about Crimea and Ukraine. I'm the only one 'bringing up now'

Those Trump supporters now? A collective Meh...

So are you in favor of military action there? Why/why not?

I'm generally interested, not trying to be argumentative 

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

So are you in favor of military action there? Why/why not?

I'm generally interested, not trying to be argumentative 

Military action? No. Arms sales, advisers, THAAD, and Cyber assistance, yes. 

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

There's a universe of steps available to him that he could take short of direct military action, starting with commenting negatively on it and at least demonstrating firm support for existing sanctions.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

There's a universe of steps available to him that he could take short of direct military action, starting with commenting negatively on it.

Instead, the talk from the administration is more about easing sanctions.

Indeed. Instead we get his UN Secretary speaking for him at an organization he shows no respect for. The silence from him on this is deafening. 

18 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

Indeed. Instead we get his UN Secretary speaking for him at an organization he shows no respect for. The silence from him on this is deafening. 

Multiple things should have been done already.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2015-08-21/u-s-told-ukraine-to-stand-down-as-putin-invaded

1 minute ago, AUUSN said:

I completely agree and still the silence from Trump is deafening. 

But this isn't a Trump thing. Its been going on for years.  To blame him is silly. He's been in office 14 days. Will his stance change? I don't know.  This should be been dealt with before he came into office.

Just now, bigbird said:

But this isn't a Trump thing. Its been going on for years.  To blame him is silly. He's been in office 14 days. Will his stance change? I don't know.  This should be been dealt with before he came into office.

You're being obtuse. The only thing I'm blaming him for is his lack of attention to the threat posed to our NATO partners. 

Arnold tweets? Yep

Ukraine tweets? crickets. 

1 hour ago, AUUSN said:

Military action? No. Arms sales, advisers, THAAD, and Cyber assistance, yes. 

A proxy war! Rarely works. Afghansistan is the best example of success I can think of.

23 minutes ago, AUUSN said:

You're being obtuse. The only thing I'm blaming him for is his lack of attention to the threat posed to our NATO partners. 

Arnold tweets? Yep

Ukraine tweets? crickets. 

I see what your saying, but that lack of attention isn't anything new.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I see what your saying, but that lack of attention isn't anything new.

Completely agree and the same could be said for Syria but Trump has somehow found time to give some attention to that; Russian aggression in Ukraine? Nothing.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

No is blaming him for creating it, but it's a "Trump thing" now.  

Archived