Favorite Senator from the other party

TexasTiger

I have problems with both sides when I see 100% party voting across all candidates for posts. Only two Republicans had the guts to say no to Devos who was not qualified for the post and every Democrat almost has voted no on every person that has been put up for other positions.  I would feel a lot better to see more people on both sides cross over occasionally. 

Some Senators said they would vote against Trump's Supreme court nominee even before he had selected one.  Nominees will always be picked by the party in power and will reflect that parties political views the question is are they qualified not do you agree with them. Obviously if you are in the party that is not in power you probably won't agree with many of the views of people selected by the other party. It has always been that way and it always will be. I was sad when Reed did the nuclear option for Judges they should have gotten votes on whether qualified or not  the republicans slow played them hence the nuclear option. I see the same thing happening the other way. It speaks badly for both parties.

Archived