nick marshall on jeremy johnson

aubiefifty

Anyone seen or read nm tweets??  

allow me to share a few-

"I've been supporting Jeremy for 4 yrs and he still cant get it together should've stuck to basketball this is public constructive criticism"

"If Jeremy Johnson gets drafted I'll retire and get a 9-5"

"Auburn should've left Jeremy back in 2016 and in Montgomery"

5 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Anyone seen or read nm tweets??  

allow me to share a few-

"I've been supporting Jeremy for 4 yrs and he still cant get it together should've stuck to basketball this is public constructive criticism"

"If Jeremy Johnson gets drafted I'll retire and get a 9-5"

"Auburn should've left Jeremy back in 2016 and in Montgomery"

Those are all from a fake account. NM would never tweet anything like that about a teammate and friend and has said so. He's also on record pointing out the fake account.  And GridironNow has an article that's a month old debunking these supposed tweets.  http://gridironnow.com/real-nick-marshall-exposes-fake-nick-marshall-twitter-attack-auburn-qb/

13 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Those are all from a fake account. NM would never tweet anything like that about a teammate and friend and has said so. He's also on record pointing out the fake account.  And GridironNow has an article that's a month old debunking these supposed tweets.  http://gridironnow.com/real-nick-marshall-exposes-fake-nick-marshall-twitter-attack-auburn-qb/

Thanks for sharing that.  I feel better about now for sure.  

What I can't understand is in that start against Arkansas he looks like a can't miss Heisman Trophy winner. From there, however, he  didn't look like he could pass the salt. I just don't get it.:dunno:

10 hours ago, milehighfan said:

What I can't understand is in that start against Arkansas he looks like a can't miss Heisman Trophy winner. From there, however, he  didn't look like he could pass the salt. I just don't get it.:dunno:

I believe the hype machine got to him and he was unable to handle being the man. Even in the Arkansas game, he knew that he was only playing a half.  Look at how he played against Alabama A&M this year. In that game, he seemed to be relaxed and when he decided to run or throw, he was decisive and aggressive. This is what most of us expected. But then you look at his performance against our biggest rivals and he looked like he couldn't get the ball out of his hands fast enough. On his fumble against Clemson on 4th and 1 he seemed overly excited and out of control. Consider the backwards pass against LSU in 2015 and his post game comments, he looked and sounded desperate and not very confident and that's how he seemed to play against quality opponents. I was in the camp of JJ couldn't miss and would lead us to greatness, but it became obvious early on that he just couldn't get the job done. Most want to blame coaching, but you can't coach this out of someone. I'm still a JJ fan and I appreciate his courage in sticking it out. I hope that he has a successful life in whatever he choses to do. War Eagle, JJ!  

There are several coaches and former coaches, (in some cases on this site) that have forgotten more about football than most of us will ever know, that have said: "JJ's problems are simply not coachable".

Let's let common sense prevail and move on.

Enjoy the Super Bowl everyone. 

9 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

There are several coaches and former coaches, (in some cases on this site) that have forgotten more about football than most of us will ever know, that have said: "JJ's problems are simply not coachable".

Let's let common sense prevail and move on.

Enjoy the Super Bowl everyone. 

Exactly.  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what the problem was, but it serves no useful purpose to debate it.  JJ is a good Auburn man, and we should all remember that. 

Jeremy Johnson lacked what all great QBs have: the ability to rise to the occasion (see Tom Brady last night).  Nick Marshall had this ability.  Cam Newton had this ability.  Kiehl Frazier did not.  It is rooted in self-confidence and a belief in oneself and one's ability to get it done.  It's not something that can be taught. 

I think JJ is a good guy. This is just my opinion, so no hating if yours differs. I think JJ was a kind-of awkward kid in a grown man's body. Kinda robotic; instead of finding strength and leadership in himself and playing loose, he worried about "following the checklist" and "doing the right things that he was told to do/expected to do." Just a personality thing.This led to him pressing and choking throughout his jr. and sr. years. VERY Kiehl Frazierish. I have little doubt that he's a good guy and was a solid teammate; he just didn't ripen when AU needed him to, and it's doubtful he ever will as an offensive team leader at the QB position at any level.

What I like about this thread topic(OP) is hearing that Marshall still comes back to Auburn, and keeps up with former teammates, and knows what goes on in the program. Some JUCO guys tend to be using college as just a stepping stone to the NFL, and don't really care that much about their school. I like that Nick's showing he's truly an Auburn guy. 

Archived