Gibbs the New DC?

LegalEagle

This is a much bigger/higher profile hire than Chizik was when he came here. Much Much Bigger. Gibbs has a tons more experience and more success than Chizik had when he came here. This would be the equivalent of getting Ken Zampese as our OC or Sylvester Croom as our OC last year. This is big as Campo or Shannon and much bigger than Davie or Slocumb or Venables. Penini might be a bigger more exciting hire but he is the only one that would be on that list.

This is a really, really big hire inside the football world. Gibbs could have walked into any other DC job in college football and some things I read before this hiring suggested that he would be an NFL head coach soon (I will look for a link but it was about a year ago I read it on NFL.com).

Let's just hope CAB isn't a "one hit wonder"! The new DC hire, hopefully, will be a good one. It doesn't appear to be right now, however.

143802[/snapback]

I think statements go hand in hand with ones that I have ranted and raved at my UAT friends for saying. This shows that no matter that we went 13-0, have won 15 straight games, an SEC title, a BCS game and if not for that screwed up system would have played for the NC.. this shows that despite all that, people STILL do not trust our coach, and think that just because we lost some players and a DC are going to drop off the face of ther earth. This coach, who as WarTim always emphasizes is THE BEST coach in America as voted by 3 different awards has done more in 1 season than some do in a career. You forget that we still have a lot of talent. There is no reason to believe that this isn't a good hire, it's just a statement that we still have fans that don't trust their coach even though he led them to a championship season. How does it look to other people when we have fans making statements like this? Come on, get behind your coach, appreciate what we have and stay behind the Tigers!

143847[/snapback]

War D Lowe

Unless you know me, and you don't, don't put words into my mouth. If you have your own doubts fine, but don't let them spill over into my posts. I was simply saying: I hope that this was not a one-time thing for our offense. I hope that CAB continues to be successful and we continue to win. Maybe I was talking over your head, because I was brief. I still don't see this as a GREAT defensive hire for Auburn. Only time will tell us if it was. It was not a flashy hire NOR was it the one the "experts" here decreed early on, which makes you wonder how much they know. I do trust "our" coach. We have too. I personally don't care what "other fans" think. They are of no concern to me, especailly those losers from the other side of the state. My statement was just my opinion, and as usual, when someone here doesn't agree with another's opinion, they put it down and say it's wrong! Oh well! Guess what I don't care about that either! :au:

143866[/snapback]

I will never see why people get so emotional about something said on a message board.

Archived