What Malzahn is doing this Christmas

aubiefifty

al.com

What Auburn coach Gus Malzahn is doing this Christmas

James Crepea | jcrepea@al.com

Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn walks off the field with his wife, Kristi, after a 58-7 win over ULM Saturday, Oct. 1, 2016, at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Ala. (Julie Bennett/jbennett@al.com)

Like most everyone, Gus Malzahn will be spending Christmas with his family.

Auburn's head coach said his plans were to "go see my parents and my in-laws and then go see my oldest daughter."

Gus and Kristi Malzahn are both from Arkansas, where their parents still reside. Their eldest daughter, Kylie, and her husband live in Nashville, so it'll be travel-filled holiday weekend for the Malzahns before returning to the Plains and heading off to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl.

As of Tuesday, Gus Malzahn hadn't wrapped up his holiday shopping, including for Kristi.

"No, I'll need to do that when I get done practicing (on Thursday)," he said. "My wife helps me a lot with that. ... I usually do her present on the 24th, something like that. Yeah, she knows that."

Gus and Kristi are fine folks.  They are the type of individuals with character, principles and faith that I would want coaching/mentoring my son.

Now, we just need Gus to be more successful on the field in 2017.

54 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Gus and Kristi are fine folks.  They are the type of individuals with character, principles and faith that I would want coaching/mentoring my son.

Now, we just need Gus to be more successful on the field in 2017.

It's good to have at least one coach in the state with character, principles, and faith.

11 hours ago, WeagleAU said:

It's good to have at least one coach in the state with character, principles, and faith.

Gus is no doubt the coach I would want my son to spend 4 years of his football life with. Amen to this for sure!

Archived