how much better will our d be in 17?

aubiefifty

I believe that we are close to the point where will be in the position to reload and not rebuild with the defense. Look for Nick Cole to explode onto the scene pretty much like Carl Lawson did his freshman year. Paul James III if healthy, will be a huge force to recon with. I like our chances of being very close defensive-wise as we have been this season.

We need to get a quality DB coach as good as if not better than McGriff. This should not be a long and drawn out process with recruiting hanging the balance.

On 12/14/2016 at 3:44 PM, bigbird said:

We lose a lot of leadership on D. To me, that will be the hardest thing to replicate and replace.

Isn't Deshaun Davis the leader of our defense? We lose some "seniority" if you will, but I don't know so much about leadership.

20 minutes ago, logan adams said:

Isn't Deshaun Davis the leader of our defense? We lose some "seniority" if you will, but I don't know so much about leadership.

DD was one of the leaders, along with Trey Matthews, but Lawson and Monty were THE leaders. They weren't anywhere as vocal as DD or Trey, but players knew who was in charge. 

Continuity in the system will be a huge factor but like many have said if one or two will have to step up and be an elite pass rusher..I personally like James, Holland, or Coe to fill that role..

Archived