say we do have a football coach sometimes pop in for a view

aubiefifty

it just seems like there would be a lot of anger and disbelief and at the stupidness and harshness of some of these posts and would be more of a downer than motivator. now i include myself in the stupid post or comments for the record before any of you jump. by really why would a coach subject themselves to some of the remarks? i admit to being thin skinned but gosh i am not sure a rock would not be upset at some comments. and talk about feeling like you give your best and maybe some are not grateful. why would a coach subject themselves to it? hell if it was me i would make a ga do it and give give me numbers 1 through 10.............lol.

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

it just seems like there would be a lot of anger and disbelief and at the stupidness and harshness of some of these posts and would be more of a downer than motivator. now i include myself in the stupid post or comments for the record before any of you jump. by really why would a coach subject themselves to some of the remarks? i admit to being thin skinned but gosh i am not sure a rock would not be upset at some comments. and talk about feeling like you give your best and maybe some are not grateful. why would a coach subject themselves to it? hell if it was me i would make a ga do it and give give me numbers 1 through 10.............lol.

As someone who's viewed public perception from the inside of something... its really more funny than anything else.  Especially the people who are sure they know what is going on but have no clue.

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

As someone who's viewed public perception from the inside of something... its really more funny than anything else.  Especially the people who are sure they know what is going on but have no clue.

I think that would be the case x10 regarding sports message boards. Especially a sport like football where the naked eye on TV broadcasts only sees a fraction of things. 

29 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I think that would be the case x10 regarding sports message boards. Especially a sport like football where the naked eye on TV broadcasts only sees a fraction of things. 

Indeed.  I try to be open minded about what is going on, but I'm sure the coach(s) that bird knows visit this board get a good laugh from me from time to time.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Indeed.  I try to be open minded about what is going on, but I'm sure the coach(s) that bird knows visit this board get a good laugh from me from time to time.

Same here man. One of my good friends was a high level D-1 athlete and when I would visit I remember some jokes that he and some of his teammates had regarding message boards. The players definitely read them, I suspect it's a higher number of the kids that read them now than when I was in school but I bet anyone in a coaching profession gets a deep chuckle out of a lot of the stuff they read on boards.

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Same here man. One of my good friends was a high level D-1 athlete and when I would visit I remember some jokes that he and some of his teammates had regarding message boards. The players definitely read them, I suspect it's a higher number of the kids that read them now than when I was in school but I bet anyone in a coaching profession gets a deep chuckle out of a lot of the stuff they read on boards.

I bet Gus laughed his arse off when the board said he was a moron for playing 32 QBs in the first game, or for playing an injured SW against uga and causing us to lose 2 years in a row. Clearly we were all idiots and he was spot on, right? :no: 

:I get the point, but when everyone in the country sees your decisions and puts you on the hot seat, they're probably right. 

I have no idea. 

Off topic: Maybe it's just me but I am finding the OP's posts harder and harder to read/decipher.  That's all I got.  Thanks.

12 minutes ago, Shift said:

I have no idea. 

Off topic: Maybe it's just me but I am finding the OP's posts harder and harder to read/decipher.  That's all I got.  Thanks.

that's the e e cummings influence coming through 

have to imagine atleast some players and coaches hit these boards. hope they weren't in here on uga night. if so- i personally am sorry i lost my cool. now. straiten up coach lol.

Not sure why a player or coach would come to a message board. I don't see how a coach could possibly have time or even the desire to do it...especially doing the season. I doubt if Saban or Meyer would even think about doing it or know how for that matter, and I highly doubt Gus would either. Jmho..

2 hours ago, Shift said:

I have no idea. 

Yes - it hurts.

he does seem like a nice fella though

On 12/12/2016 at 4:02 PM, lionheartkc said:

One time I pulled this board up and let a couple of former players read a particular post and they laughed so hard there were tears. I also showed a post to a recruits dad before

But I don't know what the op is trying to say in his posts lately

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

One time I pulled this board up and let a couple of former players read a particular post and they laughed so hard there were tears. I also showed a post to a recruits dad before

But I don't know what the op is trying to say in his posts lately

seems they are mostly provocative in some way.....perhaps in an attempt to stir up controversy ????  :dunno:

I know we have a few commits that follow the blog. Auburn fans are no different then any other fan group and the commits know that. They actually get a laugh out of all that is said. Also we have former players on the blog you would be surprised as to how many we have. We have two maybe three Auburn golf pros on the site two former baseball players and I'm sure more that we don't know.

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

I know we have a few commits that follow the blog. Auburn fans are no different then any other fan group and the commits know that. They actually get a laugh out of all that is said. Also we have former players on the blog you would be surprised as to how many we have. We have two maybe three Auburn golf pros on the site two former baseball players and I'm sure more that we don't know.

Now that you say that I remember a guy agreeing with me about people downing athletes too quick and he said he played tennis for Auburn at one time? It was either tennis or swimming

On 12/12/2016 at 6:42 PM, Shift said:

I have no idea. 

that is because i take meds that rob me of a clear mind and somedays i do the best i can. so i can either catch a comment on occasion like yours which was nice or i can sit on the sidelines and not participate with "my people". just know somedays i do the best i can. i hate it as well but i still want to play too.............shrugs.

Archived