auburn players sugar bowl swag

aubiefifty

By Tom Green | tgreen@al.com
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on December 06, 2016 at 11:59 AM, updated December 06, 2016 at 1:01 PM

2017 Sugar Bowl

One of the perks for players who help their teams earn a bowl game berth is the swag gifted to them by the bowls. In Auburn's case this season, the players are cashing in big time.

As part of Auburn's Sugar Bowl berth, players will receive a bundle of gifts that includes a Fossil watch with a custom tin, a New Era cap and a selection of offerings from a gift suite, according to Sports Business Daily. What additional gifts will be available in the gift suite is unclear.

The NCAA allows players to receive up to $550 in gifts from bowl games.

The gift selection for the Sugar Bowl is comparable to the other New Year's Six games this season. The Cotton Bowl did not disclose its gifts, according to Sports Business Daily, while the Rose Bowl will provide players with a Fossil watch, Ogio backpack, New Era 9Fifty snapback hat and a gift suite, and the Orange Bowl will give players a Tourneau watch, Schutt miniature helmet and selections from a gift suite.

For the College Football Playoff semifinals, the Peach Bowl is providing participants with a $300 Visa gift card, JBL Bluetooth speaker, a Fossil watch and a football. The Fiesta Bowl will give players an Ogio Throttle backpack, Fossil watch, football and either a PS4 game and accessory bundle or selection from a gift suite.

Bowl games are truly cool experiences for players. They get up to 550 in swag AND cash per-diem for the entirety of their trip. The sponsor of the bowl generally determines what items and what quality they receive. We only got to play in two lower tier bowls when I was in college, but got 3 sets of addidas warm ups, shoes, fossil watch, soft shell jacket, IPods (it was 2004 and 2005) and 85 dollars a day. I imagine the Sugar Bowl, in conjunction with the apparel providers of each school, will hook the guys up pretty damned swaggy! 

Good for all! WDE

Might question use of the word "swag" in the title.

I find such gains in no way shape, or form, "ill-gotten."

20 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Golf? What is he racking up?

At Least, it would seem, another year.

In this day and age, not chump change.

i saw where the turds got a 300 visa gift card. i wish they had given our players that as well...........

56 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i saw where the turds got a 300 visa gift card. i wish they had given our players that as well...........

If our's make it to the semi-final game, they will.

I never thought about this - but how does this work for the teams that make it to the NC now? Do they get twice the gifts since they technically get 2 bowl games?

2 hours ago, Linayus said:

I never thought about this - but how does this work for the teams that make it to the NC now? Do they get twice the gifts since they technically get 2 bowl games?

Hmm...good question. Although, the NCG is not technically a bowl game, maybe they get stuff for the first one, and then "awards" for making it to the second? I will do some digging and see what I can find!

3 hours ago, Linayus said:

I found this.  Source

Bowl
Conference Affiliations
Teams
Gifts

CFP Semifinal
vs.
CFP Semifinal

Atlanta |
Georgia Dome

3:00 p.m.

ESPN

Alabama vs. Washington

$300 Vanilla Visa gift card by InComm; JBL Bluetooth speaker; Fossil watch; football

CFP Semifinal
vs.
CFP Semifinal

Glendale, Ariz.  |
University of Phoenix Stadium

7:00 p.m.

ESPN

Clemson vs. Ohio State

Gift suite or PS4 game and accessory bundle; Ogio Throttle backpack; Fossil watch; football

4AD88802316A4F2C8D48CF313DC4E158.ashx?w=
College Football Playoff National Championship Game

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl winner
vs.
PlayStation Fiesta Bowl winner

Tampa |
Raymond James Stadium

8:30 p.m.

ESPN

TBD

Iconic gift

11 hours ago, aufan57 said:

I found this.  Source

Bowl
Conference Affiliations
Teams
Gifts

CFP Semifinal
vs.
CFP Semifinal

Atlanta |
Georgia Dome

3:00 p.m.

ESPN

Alabama vs. Washington

$300 Vanilla Visa gift card by InComm; JBL Bluetooth speaker; Fossil watch; football

CFP Semifinal
vs.
CFP Semifinal

Glendale, Ariz.  |
University of Phoenix Stadium

7:00 p.m.

ESPN

Clemson vs. Ohio State

Gift suite or PS4 game and accessory bundle; Ogio Throttle backpack; Fossil watch; football

4AD88802316A4F2C8D48CF313DC4E158.ashx?w=
College Football Playoff National Championship Game

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl winner
vs.
PlayStation Fiesta Bowl winner

Tampa |
Raymond James Stadium

8:30 p.m.

ESPN

TBD

Iconic gift

"Iconic Gift" = Trophy, Ring, Bragging rights?

14 minutes ago, Charleston Tiger said:

"Iconic Gift" = Trophy, Ring, Bragging rights?

For whichever team ended up losing,

any of those would be more  an "ironic gift."

Archived