Four straight bowl games

aubiefifty

Only on this forum would you find people complaining about the Sugar Bowl.  Funny thing is those exact same people said they would be THRILLED with a 8 win season in August.  I may be called a sunshine pumper, but at least I am consistent.  Hypocrites...

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Only on this forum would you find people complaining about the Sugar Bowl.  Funny thing is those exact same people said they would be THRILLED with a 8 win season in August.  I may be called a sunshine pumper, but at least I am consistent.  Hypocrites...

Not me in terms of being thrilled with an 8 win season.  Before the season, I posted that I thought Gus should win 9 regular season games with at least one of those against uga or spuat.

wde

15 hours ago, doc4aday said:

Not meant to be bad whatsoever. I am saying that that Gus did a better job overall than Bowden did over the terms of their  careers at Auburn. Bowden was an awful recruiter and this eventually did him in. His career has been pretty good since he left Auburn. I enjoyed the 21-1 stretch as much as any Auburn fan. Gus has to have a solid QB to make his offense work. We all pretty much know this. SW is not a true dual threat QB, but can run when he has to. He is a very smart QB that I wished could have had better health this past season. With a healthy Bubba and SW for the entire season could have turned into something special. The QB can make or break any team.

I hope you understand where I am coming from and I enjoy your posts. I like to have good friends on this site and try to make this happen. Take care my friend and keep the good posts coming!

WDC,

Doc

Apologies for misunderstanding. Good points about Bowden. His recruiting really put us in a big hole after hitting the ground running. I can't believe Bowden put our team in a position where Dameyune Craig had to create something like 3/4ths of the entire yardage on his own. Imagine if Craig had some help! Agreed on healthy Pettway and SW though. We were looking like a tough out with both of those guys at 100%.

I appreciate the kind words and I got your back, doc! Us NC fellows have to stick together!

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

Not me in terms of being thrilled with an 8 win season.  Before the season, I posted that I thought Gus should win 9 regular season games with at least one of those against uga or spuat.

wde

We actually were on track to do that but the UGA game debacle was just....:banghead:

5 hours ago, Tiger said:

We actually were on track to do that but the UGA game debacle was just....:banghead:

I agree, but Gus just failed miserably again.

wde

Fire Gus!  Bring back the Chiz!  He was 3-0 in bowl games including a national championship.   We want a leader not a loser!

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Fire Gus!  Bring back the Chiz!  He was 3-0 in bowl games including a national championship.   We want a leader not a loser!

No to bringing back someone like Chiz.  Which is what we will get if Jay Jacobs is still AD in 2017 when we have to fire Gus.

wde

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

All about perspective.

10 hours ago, abw0004 said:

You can call me hypocrite too but it's about perspective to many...  8 wins is good as long as 1 of them is to the main rivals.  But 8 wins...heck TEN wins.....is pretty sour when they not only lose both games but look SO BAD doing it.  But then, I am on record as feeling AU must win at least one of those games to be considered successful in any season.  In my simple opinion this season was a failure, especially when added to the 0-4 record the previous two seasons.  However, if you're truly happy with how the year went and feel it's a success, that's awesome and life is good!

War Eagle!

Original thread question asked if Gus is the 1st Auburn coach to take us to 4 bowls in a row but here is an interesting way to look at our bowl history IMO (a team can of course play a bowl on e.g. Jan 1 and another Dec 31 of the same year but different seasons):

Shug had 5 bowls in 4 years ('71-'74) and 9 in 10 years ('64 - '74)

Dye had 6 in 5 years ('86-'90) and 9 in 8 years ('82-'90)

Tubs had 9 bowls in 9 years ('98 - '07).

Gus as head coach has taken is to bowls in Jan 2014, Jan 2015, December 2015 and Jan 2017.

On 12/7/2016 at 7:43 AM, abw0004 said:

yes yes we all bow to you oh mighty loyal fan you

14 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

yes yes we all bow to you oh mighty loyal fan you

Ah I was wondering where your negative comments would come into play.  I would say you are pretty consistent as well.  

Just now, abw0004 said:

Ah I was wondering where your negative comments would come into play.  I would say you are pretty consistent as well.  

Ah I was wondering when you would respond with more " I love average football!" drivel.  You never disappoint. 

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Ah I was wondering when you would respond with more " I love average football!" drivel.  You never disappoint. 

Yeah two national championship runs in the last six years is pretty bad.  Most teams can say the same as well in the last 15 years for that matter.  Everyone's loyalties are different.  While some want to watch the world burn, others want to help heal it.  To each its own.  

Just now, abw0004 said:

Yeah two national championship runs in the last six years is pretty bad.  Most teams can say the same as well in the last 15 years for that matter.  Everyone's loyalties are different.  While some want to watch the world burn, others want to help heal it.  To each its own.  

Yeah because what we say on a football message board will have a direct effect on wins and losses.  If you don't want to read people venting frustration perhaps you should attend the "everything is rosy all the time here" message board and stay off the sports one. Or maybe your holier than thou attitude would appreciate the church message board.  Either way if its "to each their own" then maybe you should stop criticizing those of us with differing opinions.  I haven't posted anything lately until I saw your ridiculous post I responded to.  

5 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Yeah because what we say on a football message board will have a direct effect on wins and losses.  If you don't want to read people venting frustration perhaps you should attend the "everything is rosy all the time here" message board and stay off the sports one. Or maybe your holier than thou attitude would appreciate the church message board.  Either way if its "to each their own" then maybe you should stop criticizing those of us with differing opinions.  I haven't posted anything lately until I saw your ridiculous post I responded to.  

It was a nice hiatus for that matter as well.  Very civil.  And it sounds like someone is having a pretty rough night.  May I suggest the church message board you found?  Calm down dude. It's Friday night, go have a beer and relax (or a shot depending on how worked up you are).

If you notice I never attack people personally for their opinions, always to the broad public.  I never make personal attacks even if I disagree.  And it looks like others agree with me just like sometimes people as agree with you.  

Just now, abw0004 said:

It was a nice hiatus for that matter as well.  Very civil.  And it sounds like someone is having a pretty rough night.  May I suggest the church message board you found?  Calm down dude. It's Friday night, go have a beer and relax (or a shot depending on how worked up you are).

If you notice I never attack people personally for their opinions, always to the broad public.  I never make personal attacks even if I disagree.  And it looks like others agree with me just like sometimes people as agree with you.  

So now you wanna play nice?  Ok we can play nice. I'm having a wonderful night btw.  Couldn't be better.  In fact, I'd say its above average.  Have a good weekend. 

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

So now you wanna play nice?  Ok we can play nice. I'm having a wonderful night btw.  Couldn't be better.  In fact, I'd say its above average.  Have a good weekend. 

I am always nice.  Remember, you quoted me, not the other way around my friend.  Again, if you don't believe me, go on my profile and look at my posts.  Never attack anyone personally.  Even if I feel if it may offend someone, I always have a disclaimer to state that is not my intention.  

Glad you are having a good night. Hopefully I will if the OKC Thunder can win tonight.  

Just now, abw0004 said:

I am always nice.  Remember, you quoted me, not the other way around my friend.  Again, if you don't believe me, go on my profile and look at my posts.  Never attack anyone personally.  Even if I feel if it may offend someone, I always have a disclaimer to state that is not my intention.  

Glad you are having a good night. Hopefully I will if the OKC Thunder can win tonight.  

Look man, I don't come on here looking for a fight but whether you go after someone specific or in a broad way we know who its pointed at and using words like hypocrite is looking for a response.  Its cool though I get it.  Good luck to the Thunder, mad respect for Westbrook and what he is doing this year.  

Archived