sec bowl schedule

aubiefifty

12 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I think a lot of these games are toss-ups, which is good for entertainment. I lean toward the SEC to win most of these but there are almost always disappointments. lol

Other conferences hate the SEC (and our stranglehold on the National Championship) so I like it when we dominate the bowl games and non-conference games in general. But if Georgia and Alabama happen to lose, I don't feel bad. At all. lol

And why is it that so many fan bases think Auburn is the king of cheaters? Is it really all because of Cam freaking Newton? Any article about him is FULL of Bama and Georgia turds claiming the Barn is full of cheaters. Surely they aren't STILL being sore losers? lol

UGA fans are still sour about Nick Fairley in 2010. Biggest sore loser fanbase I know of. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

UGA fans are still sour about Nick Fairley in 2010. Biggest sore loser fanbase I know of. 

I saw that too on one of the articles from the Saints game where he smacked Stafford in the facemask. lol

Could someone explain to me how MSU got a bowl bid despite a 5-7 record. I guess that loss to a highly ranked South Alabama team was a feather in their cap. Oh, and lets not forget the 38-14 pasting given to them by Auburn and last but not least, the 51-3 bitch slap by the turds. Yeah, I can see how they got a bid.

Other than Auburn I wouldn't mind seeing Kentucky or Vandy win because they rarely go to a bowl. As for the rest of the league, especially the turds, USCe, the leg hampers and the leg hampers with a losing record, it wouldn't bother me one  bit to see them get their a$$es handed to them. Trust me, I'm not bitter towards any of these teams.:angry:

27 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

Could someone explain to me how MSU got a bowl bid despite a 5-7 record. I guess that loss to a highly ranked South Alabama team was a feather in their cap. Oh, and lets not forget the 38-14 pasting given to them by Auburn and last but not least, the 51-3 bitch slap by the turds. Yeah, I can see how they got a bid.

Good graduation rates alllow teams the chance to compete at 5-7 if there are plenty bowls to go around. Missouri had the same option during the student-movement season and they chose to decline their chance at a whole month of extra bowl practices because they were just trying to get out of the season alive.

Also, Moo State played us pretty good, they're already improving, and a months worth of bowl practices will help their team a lot.

It was 35-0 at the half and Malzahn let off the gas in the second half. Early in the second half managed to cut the lead to 21 points and Auburn put the hammer down on them. If I'm showing my ignorance I apologize, but I still don't see how they got a bowl bid with a 5-7 record.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 9:29 AM, Jgarrett7 said:

I love bowl season. But there are just too many bowl games. I'm proud for vandy getting in but I don't like all these 5 win teams getting bids. Miss St and north texas along with vandy to name a few. North Texas! Takes away from the while alure of the games to me. 

Vandy is 6-6.  Miss St is 5-7 but they do seem to be on an upward trend with Fitzpatrick (I think that's his name) at QB.

On 12/5/2016 at 9:39 AM, AU64 said:

I figure there never too much football...and as for bowl games I operate on the premise (which might be wrong) that the players enjoy them....less pressure for most teams and some bling and perks for the players.   And interesting that NT and MSU got in because of academic accomplishments....a bone to a couple teams who try to keep academics in the picture too.

I didn't know this ~ I have less animosity knowing it was an academic based reward. 

Still, MSU goes 5-7 and gets to go to the beautiful sunny beaches of St. Augustine while AU went 6-6 last season and went to the ghetto armpit of Birmingham. :angry:

^Like it or not, Birmingham is a higher bid. Sucks but yeah. So thankful we aren't playing there again this year, especially when many thought we would!

On 12/5/2016 at 0:19 PM, ShocksMyBrain said:

I noticed this during Georgia week. Fairley's name was brought up quite a bit. They actually believe he brought bad karma to our team. 

Fairley the troll,

Salud!

2 hours ago, AUatHeart said:

Vandy is 6-6.  Miss St is 5-7 but they do seem to be on an upward trend with Fitzpatrick (I think that's his name) at QB.

You're right. They had said they would be in week before with 5 wins. I forgot they got to 6

Archived