sec bowl schedule

aubiefifty

Twelve teams from the SEC were invited and accepted Bowl bids on Sunday. Here is the full SEC bowl game schedule.

St. Petersburg Bowl – Dec. 26, 11 a.m. ET: Mississippi State vs. Miami of Ohio

Camping World Independence Bowl – Dec. 26, 5 p.m. ET: Vanderbilt vs. NC State

AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl – Dec. 28, 9 p.m. ET: Texas A&M vs. Kansas State

Birmingham Bowl – Dec. 29, 2 p.m. ET: South Carolina vs. South Florida

Belk Bowl – Dec. 29, 5:30 p.m. ET: Arkansas vs. No. 22 Virginia Tech

AutoZone Liberty Bowl, Dec. 30 – Noon, ET: Georgia vs. TCU

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl, Dec. 30, 3:30 p.m. ET: No. 21 Tennessee vs. Nebraska

Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl, Dec. 31, 11 a.m. ET: No. 20 LSU vs. No. 13 Louisville

TaxSlayer Bowl, Dec. 31, 11 a.m., ET: Kentucky vs. Georgia Tech

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl – DEC. 31, 3 P.M. ET: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 Washington

Outback Bowl, Jan. 2, 1 p.m. ET: No. 17 Florida vs. Iowa

Allstate Sugar Bowl – Jan. 2, 8:30 P.M. ET: No. 14 Auburn vs. No. 7 Oklahoma
Filed Under: SEC Football

anyone want to take a shot out how many wins the sec gets in the bowl games? to me it does not look like it would be a good year for the sec but i have no idea becuase i am just not that up on all the teams........

Some interesting games.  I like even the 6-6 match-ups the have games from different conferences involved. I still have a hidden streak of "pro-SEC" in me that usually comes out this tie of year and will generally pull for the SEC teams.....well....all but one of them anyway.  

That said, I don't think the SEC will fare very well...maybe win half of those bowl games at best.  UK, USCe, Arky. Ga and Tenn and possibly LSU...predict to lose....and maybe a surprise or two. 

46 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:
Twelve teams from the SEC were invited and accepted Bowl bids on Sunday. Here is the full SEC bowl game schedule.

St. Petersburg Bowl – Dec. 26, 11 a.m. ET: Mississippi State vs. Miami of Ohio

Camping World Independence Bowl – Dec. 26, 5 p.m. ET: Vanderbilt vs. NC State

AdvoCare V100 Texas Bowl – Dec. 28, 9 p.m. ET: Texas A&M vs. Kansas State

Birmingham Bowl – Dec. 29, 2 p.m. ET: South Carolina vs. South Florida

Belk Bowl – Dec. 29, 5:30 p.m. ET: Arkansas vs. No. 22 Virginia Tech

AutoZone Liberty Bowl, Dec. 30 – Noon, ET: Georgia vs. TCU

Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl, Dec. 30, 3:30 p.m. ET: No. 21 Tennessee vs. Nebraska

Buffalo Wild Wings Citrus Bowl, Dec. 31, 11 a.m. ET: No. 20 LSU vs. No. 13 Louisville

TaxSlayer Bowl, Dec. 31, 11 a.m., ET: Kentucky vs. Georgia Tech

Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl – DEC. 31, 3 P.M. ET: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 Washington

Outback Bowl, Jan. 2, 1 p.m. ET: No. 17 Florida vs. Iowa

Allstate Sugar Bowl – Jan. 2, 8:30 P.M. ET: No. 14 Auburn vs. No. 7 Oklahoma
Filed Under: SEC Football

But, but,

There're only twelve teams here.

SEC must be down this year.

34 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Some interesting games.  I like even the 6-6 match-ups the have games from different conferences involved. I still have a hidden streak of "pro-SEC" in me that usually comes out this tie of year and will generally pull for the SEC teams.....well....all but one of them anyway.  

That said, I don't think the SEC will fare very well...maybe win half of those bowl games at best.  UK, USCe, Arky. Ga and Tenn and possibly LSU...predict to lose....and maybe a surprise or two. 

After 2010 the only SEC team I root for is AU. Could care about any of the other. 

I'd like to see Auburn win, of course. Who would root against Vandy? Then, I'd love to see Kentucky beat the Yellow Bugs. So I'd be delighted if the SEC went 3-9 in these 12 bowl games.

Disclaimer: I am an Auburn fan. I am not an SEC fan. I will never forget the way our "SEC brothers" stood against us in the Cam Newton fiasco. To hell with them. Not that I liked them much before Cam anyway. Tell me, why is it good for Auburn if people we recruit against such as UAT, UGA, UF, etc. end their season on a high note? It's not good for AU, it's bad for us. 3-9 would make my YEAR!

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'd like to see Auburn win, of course. Who would root against Vandy? Then, I'd love to see Kentucky beat the Yellow Bugs. So I'd be delighted if the SEC went 3-9 in these 12 bowl games.

Disclaimer: I am an Auburn fan. I am not an SEC fan. I will never forget the way our "SEC brothers" stood against us in the Cam Newton fiasco. To hell with them. Not that I liked them much before Cam anyway. Tell me, why is it good for Auburn if people we recruit against such as UAT, UGA, UF, etc. end their season on a high note? It's not good for AU, it's bad for us. 3-9 would make my YEAR!

Agree. To hell with the rest of them. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I understand...but consider that the only reason we are playing in the Sugar Bowl is likely because people outside the conference think the SEC is pretty tough...thus we don't get penalized much for some bad losses.   And frankly, folks outside the area see AU as being a better team than most people posting on this board...perhaps because of how the conference is viewed ??? :dunno:

Just now, AU64 said:

I understand...but consider that the only reason we are playing in the Sugar Bowl is likely because people outside the conference think the SEC is pretty tough...thus we don't get penalized much for some bad losses.   And frankly, folks outside the area see AU as being a better team than most people posting on this board...perhaps because of how the conference is viewed ??? :dunno:

We are in the Sugar Bowl because that's the agreement they made with the SEC. The second highest ranked team gets the Sugar Bowl. That bowl would love to kick us out of there and put LSU in. They'd do it if they could.

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Damn straight

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

We are in the Sugar Bowl because that's the agreement they made with the SEC. The second highest ranked team gets the Sugar Bowl. That bowl would love to kick us out of there and put LSU in. They'd do it if they could.

I understand that and unlike the playoff committee, it looks like the SEC actually values the outcome of head-to-head games.   And considering that just about all the SEC teams ranked early in the season are now sucking hind ****.  all of us are lucky to have the tie-ins or just about the entire conference would be playing their bowl games before Christmas. 

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

anyone want to take a shot out how many wins the sec gets in the bowl games? to me it does not look like it would be a good year for the sec but i have no idea becuase i am just not that up on all the teams........

I would say 5 to 6.  The SEC has just not been very competitive this year.

And MSU (5-7) in a bowl game?  Lol, they're giving out participation bowls this year?

I love bowl season. But there are just too many bowl games. I'm proud for vandy getting in but I don't like all these 5 win teams getting bids. Miss St and north texas along with vandy to name a few. North Texas! Takes away from the while alure of the games to me. 

There are way to many "participation" bowl games.   You don't even have to have a winning record anymore to be rewarded a bowl game?  This is sad.  This is one of the worst years overall I can remember for the SEC and there are 12 teams with bowl games.  Why don't they make it 14?  Give Ole Miss and Missouri a participation bowl as well. I understand these bowl games are tie-ins, but this is still pathetic.

5 minutes ago, Jgarrett7 said:

I love bowl season. But there are just too many bowl games. I'm proud for vandy getting in but I don't like all these 5 win teams getting bids. Miss St and north texas along with vandy to name a few. North Texas! Takes away from the while alure of the games to me. 

I figure there never too much football...and as for bowl games I operate on the premise (which might be wrong) that the players enjoy them....less pressure for most teams and some bling and perks for the players.   And interesting that NT and MSU got in because of academic accomplishments....a bone to a couple teams who try to keep academics in the picture too.

6 minutes ago, WeagleAU said:

There are way to many "participation" bowl games.   You don't even have to have a winning record anymore to be rewarded a bowl game?  This is sad.  This is one of the worst years overall I can remember for the SEC and there are 12 teams with bowl games.  Why don't they make it 14?  Give Ole Miss and Missouri a participation bowl as well. I understand these bowl games are tie-ins, but this is still pathetic.

Crazy idea here, but bear with me, don't watch them. 

Personally, I like more football.

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Crazy idea here, but bear with me, don't watch them. 

Personally, I like more football.

Not a crazy idea at all.  Many people won't be watching them, that's the point.  I like football too, but quantity over quality?

There once was a time when bowl games meant something.  Something to be achieved.  

Just now, WeagleAU said:

Not a crazy idea at all.  Many people won't be watching them, that's the point.  I like football too, but quantity over quality?

There once was a time when bowl games meant something.  Something to be achieved.  

Most of the bowl games haven't really mattered for quite some time. Formerly the BCS and currently, the playoff games, are any that have/had any real meaning(IMO).

I suppose some of the "bigger" games are good fodder for creating preseason rankings the following year. Which(preseason rankings) is something that needs to be done away with long before these lower tier games. 

i admit i am still a sec homer. i still dislike the turds and the bull milkers but after seeing how other fans around the country view us i usually try to swallow my pride and pull for the sec. ohio state fans think auburn is garbage and all teams fans from the south are toothless etc. i know it is smack talk but osu took it to a new level. it is one thing to bash teams and another to bash folks from the south. and this was several osu fans. and of course they claim auburn is the biggest bunch of cheaters in college football. i would gladly pull for bama against osu anytime. bama might be the enemy but when it is all said and done they are still our friends and family for the most part. osu is an evil i do not tolerate unless it is watching one of their games hoping they get stomped.

pardons. i call msu the bull milker because of those freakin cowbells..........i just realized not many would know whom i was talking about. and jackie boy got me hating them. and the kenny rogers fella who deflected their cheating onto auburn and somehow made it stick.

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i admit i am still a sec homer. i still dislike the turds and the bull milkers but after seeing how other fans around the country view us i usually try to swallow my pride and pull for the sec. ohio state fans think auburn is garbage and all teams fans from the south are toothless etc. i know it is smack talk but osu took it to a new level. it is one thing to bash teams and another to bash folks from the south. and this was several osu fans. and of course they claim auburn is the biggest bunch of cheaters in college football. i would gladly pull for bama against osu anytime. bama might be the enemy but when it is all said and done they are still our friends and family for the most part. osu is an evil i do not tolerate unless it is watching one of their games hoping they get stomped.

Do you live in Ohio? How are you bumping into so many Buckeye fans? I work with an OSU grad and he's never been nasty about Auburn. bama(and their fans) on the other hand, he cannot stand. 

I think a lot of these games are toss-ups, which is good for entertainment. I lean toward the SEC to win most of these but there are almost always disappointments. lol

Other conferences hate the SEC (and our stranglehold on the National Championship) so I like it when we dominate the bowl games and non-conference games in general. But if Georgia and Alabama happen to lose, I don't feel bad. At all. lol

And why is it that so many fan bases think Auburn is the king of cheaters? Is it really all because of Cam freaking Newton? Any article about him is FULL of Bama and Georgia turds claiming the Barn is full of cheaters. Surely they aren't STILL being sore losers? lol

Archived