part of the qb puzzle revealed

aubiefifty

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

Serious question, did JJ misspeak? No secret he's going to get a chance? I am trying to figure out what he meant. No secret he's going to take his chance at the NFL maybe? 

I'm guessing he meant that it's no secret he'll have the opportunity to work out for scouts at Auburn's pro day, that because of his measurables he has a shot to impress someone. And truth be told, it wouldn't shock me if he gets signed...to a practice squad. I don't mean that as a knock on him, because he does have the size and athleticism necessary, and from all reports he's a good practice player, so I could see an NFL team benefiting from having him line up across from their defense every day except Sunday.

On 12/10/2016 at 7:15 PM, Rednilla said:

I'm guessing he meant that it's no secret he'll have the opportunity to work out for scouts at Auburn's pro day, that because of his measurables he has a shot to impress someone. And truth be told, it wouldn't shock me if he gets signed...to a practice squad. I don't mean that as a knock on him, because he does have the size and athleticism necessary, and from all reports he's a good practice player, so I could see an NFL team benefiting from having him line up across from their defense every day except Sunday.

I don't want to be here for the meltdown if Jeremy sees the field on a Sunday.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Meltdown? If JJ is scared of a SEC defense, he will mess his pants up going against a pro defense. 

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Meltdown? If JJ is scared of a SEC defense, he will mess his pants up going against a pro defense. 

Yea... Meltdown. If he can get under an NFL coach and they figure out how to fix his issue, the "Fire Gus" crowd will have a field day.

i still think it is pretty crappy to call anyone "scared". sometimes hesitation and scared look the same but are worlds apart. you do not play competitive contact sports all your life and get scared. not the fear kind anyway so lets give him a pass. he might be scared to make the wrong call maybe? i will always believe in my heart whatever happened with jj it is not fear to get tackled. and i also hope he finds a home in the nfl even if he changes position to say tight end or something.

I don't believe that Jeremy's problem is fear of getting hit. I just think he has issues reading coverage quickly, and locking his eyes on one receiver way too often. He also has had consistency issues with accuracy. Could be footwork or whatever. Some of his problems now are lack of reps with the first team and I don't think he's getting any help from the coaching staff, just like a number of other QB's at Auburn.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 11:33 AM, aubiefifty said:

well best i can tell narcisse or whatever the young mans name is has not counted us out yet as he just visited.jj hurt us and i am not sure it is fair to blame the coaches cus folks that visited practices along with other pundits were super high on jj. personally i think the coaches were desperate when they hired franklin since he was a bust at fsu{ at qb } and second string at jr college. i also believe they took him because if he did not work out as they hoped he still had enough talent to utilize another position. i like franklin and i would love to see his speed used in other positions because he is electric.also i believe if he holds out to be a qb in the pro's he has a huge mountain to climb and he might miss a great paycheck. regardless of what happens i hope it works out for him.

At this point in the post season, it would make a lot of sense to utilize JFIII skills of which is world class speed. Try him out as a DB, WR, as well as on special teams. Heck, why not give him a chance to be on the track and field team with his speed. The point is that he can fill a lot of roles if he is willing to do so.

On 12/12/2016 at 9:54 AM, lionheartkc said:

Is JJ trying to become an NFL referee? Only way he would ever see the field on a Sunday. Of course, Flag football at the local church is an option as well.

Archived