2016 'one of those growing years'

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, Linayus said:

That true freshman QB (and a suffocating (not young) defense) is the main reason Bama is undefeated this season. If they had to roll with either of the other two QBs (who are both transferring out now), Bama would have lost 2 games if not 3 (Ole Miss, Arkansas, LSU). If Auburn didn't have Cam Newton in 2010 or Nick Marshall in 2013, we'd have lost 3 games in both seasons (if not a few more).

Auburn doesn't have that star QB and our losses reflect that (especially Clemson and Georgia). Youth on offense shows promise for Auburn, but mostly if we solidify the QB position.

But really our "top 10" recruiting classes are more due to our recent defensive classes (though our WR class this last year helped a lot) and that at least looks to be in good form.

What position are we so young at?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, cole256 said:

What position are we so young at?

For what is considered young in football - QB, RB/HB, and WR. The players contributing are mostly freshmen or sophmores (redshirt or not).

1 hour ago, Linayus said:

For what is considered young in football - QB, RB/HB, and WR. The players contributing are mostly freshmen or sophmores (redshirt or not).

I mean Sean has had 3 years in the system; I'll agree with hb since the move from fb to hb; and wr for whatever reason we insisted to play the older guys

13 hours ago, Linayus said:

VERY young team indeed. The future is very bright when this YOUNG TEAM matures. 

23 hours ago, cole256 said:

I mean Sean has had 3 years in the system; I'll agree with hb since the move from fb to hb; and wr for whatever reason we insisted to play the older guys

Yeah, Sean is on the cusp of being considered young. I'm just as annoyed as everyone else on why we continued putting some of our older WR guys out there (unless they were just better at blocking on the perimeter).

12 hours ago, WarTim said:

VERY young team indeed. The future is very bright when this YOUNG TEAM matures. 

So if we lose to uga/LSU or spuat again next year (along with a loss to someone like Texas A&M, Ole Miss or Miss State) are we going to still say the future is bright?  Take spuat out of the equation, since they are at another tier from us and everyone else.  I would be happy just to beat finally beat uga next year and not find a way to lose against Texas A&M, Arky, Ole Miss and Miss State.  LSU is always tough and will be a toss up in BR.

wde

1 hour ago, AUIH1 said:

So if we lose to uga/LSU or spuat again next year (along with a loss to someone like Texas A&M, Ole Miss or Miss State) are we going to still say the future is bright?  Take spuat out of the equation, since they are at another tier from us and everyone else.  I would be happy just to beat finally beat uga next year and not find a way to lose against Texas A&M, Arky, Ole Miss and Miss State.  LSU is always tough and will be a toss up in BR.

wde

I am looking forward to the future of the Auburn Tigers. I am not going to put any conditions on my optimism. 

Archived