who do you want to play in a bowl

aubiefifty

54 minutes ago, Charhair said:

That wasn't really my point. I was saying that I'd rather play someone who we haven't already played this year and aren't scheduled to play next year, unless it's in the playoffs then that is too redundant. Especially when the goal of bowl games is to match teams from different conferences. We might as well just play LSU again

Understood and acknowledged.

No intent to misrepresent you.

Apologies.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Talk about an unfair advantage.  We would have the Clemson game to give us insight into playing them.  All they would have is some early game against a bunch of guys wearing Auburn uniforms who are NOTHING like the actual Tigers.

I really wanna play Clemson because I truly believe even if we played them at Clemson we would beat them . 

Also because their Defensive Coordinator made a joke about our offense , saying he figured out how to stop it by watching videos on YouTube . 

Like dude you didn't stop our offense that was Gus .

1 hour ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Understood and acknowledged.

No intent to misrepresent you.

Apologies.

Not a problem, pal. I'm sure I came off a little harder to understand than usual, pulling some unusually long nights lately to finish this semester. 

4 minutes ago, Charhair said:

Not a problem, pal. I'm sure I came off a little harder to understand than usual, pulling some unusually long nights lately to finish this semester. 

4 minutes ago, Charhair said:

Actually,

on my finishing kick (I hope) for my dissertation

I can relate.

Good luck, and

WDE

Really depends on which other teams make the playoff and how they are seeded. AU is gonna be SEC Champs and our Tigers are going to the playoff at season's end. So sayeth this optimistic fan, 'cause he saw it in a dream.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

If we went on to win the entire SEC we dang sure would be in. Then if Washington or Clemson slipped up then Bama would be in to.

Correctomundo

I dont want wiskey. Too many bowl games with them lately. Might as well add clemson in that regard too. Vt would be fun its been 12 years since weve played them. Oklahoma, Washington, unc, etc which we havent played or at least in a long time would be fun too

9 hours ago, DAG said:

I don't know if there is anybody particularly that I want to face, other than wanting to just play in one of the NY6 bowl games. A couple sites have us slated to face Western Michigan in the cotton bowl.

If WMU makes it to the Cotton Bowl from the MAC, that would be a laugher. AU would hang 60 on them. 

2 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

If WMU makes it to the Cotton Bowl from the MAC, that would be a laugher. AU would hang 60 on them. 

It is something about these non-power 5 schools and these big bowl games. Chip on their shoulder I guess. If AU went into the game focused and not derailed from not being able to make the playoffs, we should be able to dominate them at the line alone. 

So, what if we win out, win the SECCG (assumes TAMU losses one more), bammer has one loss to us, but Washington loses one or two, OSU loses to Michigan and you end up Clemson, Michigan, AU, bammer in the playoff.  Then we end up with bammer in the Naty!  (someone said earlier Michigan then bammer so I see how that could happen)

13 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't see any way Clemson is not in the playoffs.  Their schedule is far too favorable from here on. Saturday was their last real test.

So you didn't see them play North Carolina State? If that team that played the Pack shows up for the ACC title game you bet your butt Virginia Tech or North Carolina can beat them.

5 hours ago, WarEagleFromHoover said:

If the season ended today we would play Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl 

But it doesn't. If Washington wins out and gets the Pac-12 title they will jump A&M and A&M will go to the Sugar Bowl unless the sugar and cotton bowls work it out for the cotton to take A&M due to the proximity and the sugar take us due to the proximity. If not then we would likely be playing Louisville and Lamar Jackson in the Orange Bowl.

On 11/1/2016 at 7:53 AM, Mikey said:

AU's post-season: First Florida, followed by Michigan and Clemson.

This. This scenario means we win the SEC and make the playoff.

In the Playoff's 

Mich

Washington

Mich for the difference in styles and Washington because it would be a good match-up. 

Outside of the Playoffs

Oklahoma

Nebraska

Colorado

Ohio St

if we don't make playoffs (longshot) I would love to get michigan. harbaugh is really annoying, and it would be fun to serve he and big10 some humble pie. sorry for poor use of caps. wrecked motorcycle, broke collar bone, and down to one hand.

Would love to play Oklahoma and beat them (I have a buddy that constantly insists OU would crush us if we ever played) and would absolutely love to get a 2nd shot at FSU. Wouldn't be the natty, but I feel it would take some of the sting off. 

Archived