who do you want to play in a bowl

aubiefifty

Anybody that is good and that we will beat.  I guess I'd want to stay away from Louisville maybe? The qb has made too many plays out of nothing that it now seems it's literally the norm for him now

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if there is anybody particularly that I want to face, other than wanting to just play in one of the NY6 bowl games. A couple sites have us slated to face Western Michigan in the cotton bowl.

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Anybody that is good and they we will beat.  I guess I'd want to stay away from Louisville maybe? The qb has made too many plays out of nothing that it now seems it's literally the norm for him now

Good point. I actually second guessed myself on listing Louisville. Probably best to just be grateful for the win last year and be quiet until Mr. Jackson is getting paid for Sunday ball. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don't know if there is anybody particularly that I want to face, other than wanting to just play in one of the NY6 bowl games. A couple sites have us slated to face Western Michigan in the cotton bowl.

I saw that too .. haven't seen Western Michigan play though 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good point. I actually second guessed myself on listing Louisville. Probably best to just be grateful for the win last year and be quiet until Mr. Jackson is getting paid for Sunday ball. 

Personally, I love playing teams that are stylistically opposite of us. As fun as it would be to be in a shootout with a team like Louisville, I'd rather play a grinding game with a team like Michigan for the contrast alone. That's just me. 

36 minutes ago, AUatHeart said:

I'd like to see us play Oklahoma, or Nebraska. 

if we lose to Bama and miss the playoffs then this would be the best-case scenario in the Sugar Bowl or Louisville in the Orange Bowl. The other New Year's six option would be Western Michigan in the Cotton Bowl. I respect what Western Michigan is done but I do not want to play them and therefore do not want to be in the Cotton Bowl.

49 minutes ago, Charhair said:

. Miami and richt would also be cool (if they upset Clemson)

Miami is not going to win the Coastal Division this year so they will not play Clemson. Virginia Tech or North Carolina will win the division and play Clemson in the ACC title game.

18 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Personally, I love playing teams that are stylistically opposite of us. As fun as it would be to be in a shootout with a team like Louisville, I'd rather play a grinding game with a team like Michigan for the contrast alone. That's just me. 

It's just hard to swallow watching your defense literally do everything right and a guy make an incredible play and you still end up losing.....I'd be ready to punch somebody lol

Just now, cole256 said:

It's just hard to swallow watching your defense literally do everything right and a guy make an incredible play and you still end up losing.....I'd be ready to punch somebody lol

Exactly!!! Too much of an emotional rollercoaster. I'd like to think we'd stop him dead in his tracks, but let't be honest. 

Just now, logan adams said:

Give me Clemson.

You know, it was probably obvious to you and others, but it's just now dawning on me how cool it would be to see what dabo has done with his Heisman contender and preseason #2 team since week 1 relative to what Gus has done with a bunch of unranked sophomores and freshmen. I have a feeling it would reflect a lot better on that goofball we wanted to fire in week 3. (And I do mean "we". Man, I sent some stupid texts to my dad during that TAMU game.)

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You know, it was probably obvious to you and others, but it's just now dawning on me how cool it would be to see what dabo has done with his Heisman contender and preseason #2 team since week 1 relative to what Gus has done with a bunch of unranked sophomores and freshmen. I have a feeling it would reflect a lot better on that goofball we wanted to fire in week 3. (And I do mean "we". Man, I sent some stupid texts to my dad during that TAMU game.)

Talk about an unfair advantage.  We would have the Clemson game to give us insight into playing them.  All they would have is some early game against a bunch of guys wearing Auburn uniforms who are NOTHING like the actual Tigers.

No real preference here. Just want us to win the Iron Bowl. Always have thought it would be neat to play ND ( notre dame, not north dakota) in a good bowl. Don't think we have ever played them???

Will someone intervene if we end up getting Clemson in a non-playoff bowl? Considering we played them week one and play them week three of next year?

id love to have another shot at an undefeated Clemson in the playoffs but unless it's in the playoffs, I've already have enough Clemson this decade.

4 minutes ago, Charhair said:

Will someone intervene if we end up getting Clemson in a non-playoff bowl? Considering we played them week one and play them week three of next year?

id love to have another shot at an undefeated Clemson in the playoffs but unless it's in the playoffs, I've already have enough Clemson this decade.

Not many smarts in this regard, but

I think the tie-ins would best fit the Cotton.

ETA: and as mentioned elsewhere, we've got a helluva scouting report on'em.

3 minutes ago, Charhair said:

I don't see any way Clemson is not in the playoffs.  Their schedule is far too favorable from here on. Saturday was their last real test.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

I don't see any way Clemson is not in the playoffs.  Their schedule is far too favorable from here on. Saturday was their last real test.

They are known for "clemsoning" so i wouldn't put it past them to drop one they shouldn't have. 

I imagine muschamp and jake Bentley disagree with you

1 hour ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Not many smarts in this regard, but

I think the tie-ins would best fit the Cotton.

ETA: and as mentioned elsewhere, we've got a helluva scouting report on'em.

That wasn't really my point. I was saying that I'd rather play someone who we haven't already played this year and aren't scheduled to play next year, unless it's in the playoffs then that is too redundant. Especially when the goal of bowl games is to match teams from different conferences. We might as well just play LSU again

1 minute ago, Charhair said:

I imagine muschamp and jake Bentley disagree with you

Muschamp and Jake Bentley can disagree with me all they want.  Until they beat someone more impressive than UMass and an overrated Tennessee team that's crumbling from the inside out, it's just hot air.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Muschamp and Jake Bentley can disagree with me all they want.  Until they beat someone more impressive than UMass and an overrated Tennessee team that's crumbling from the inside out, it's just hot air.

Scar's getting hot, their team/fans seems to be behind Bentley big time, they're actually scoring points on an sec defense and all of their games should allow them to keep building on that momentum (outside of UF which who knows, that'll be a big game for champ though) heading into their biggest rivalry game of the season. 

Of course it's all just hot air but that's one of the things making this season so much fun. If a couple of those what ifs fall our way, it could really be one to remember. 

(I'm not trying to argue that Scar will win btw, all though I'd love for them to but I do think it could end up being quite the game).

3 hours ago, WarEagleFromHoover said:

I saw that too .. haven't seen Western Michigan play though 

A few people on this forum really like their coach. I think it would be an interesting match up. 

Realistically, based on standings and our likely record at season end, I think we'll probably get paired up against Virginia Tech or Wisconsin. Neither of those games inspires me. Oklahoma State would be a tough test. And of course, it would be real fun to beat up on FSU.

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

A few people on this forum really like their coach. I think it would be an interesting match up. 

I'm one of them , honestly it's impressive when a group of 5 team is good enough to be in the top 25 . He probably won't be their coach next year . 

Archived