who do you want to play in a bowl

aubiefifty

as for myself i would love to get another shot at fsu. back when i was playing at the lanette,al holiday inn by the interstate in a band. the fsu fans were some of the most awesome fans ever. dead serious. now? not so much. so what about y'all?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wisconsin!! But seriously, I'd like to see us play someone in New York. Snow game! And I'd like to see us play Michigan, Penn St, or Oklahoma.

We should get a nice warm weather trip this year. I really don't buy into us making the playoffs even if we do beat Alabama. I think the playoff committee would take a one loss Alabama team over a two lose Auburn team (JMO). I do think we win out until we get to Alabama and I think that game could go either way with the way we are playing right now. I would say Outback or Citrus Bowl although I guess if Ole Miss or LSU beats TA&M we could go to the Sugar Bowl. I think we can beat any team that is not in the playoffs  with the exception of Louisville. Their passing game would really scare me after what I saw Saturday.

I third the Clemson rematch. Wouldn't mind a shot at Oklahoma either. It would also be fun to play Ohio State, since Meyer couldn't beat Auburn at Florida... it'd be great to continue that streak to Ohio State.

Obviously, we'd all like to make the playoffs.  Outside of that, I'd like to get the Cotton Bowl.  I say that completely selfishly.  It's the easiest trip for me to make from Oklahoma. 

I'm thinking Ohio State, Nebraska, Wisconsin , or FSU

Don't care as long as we make a New Year's Six Bowl of the Citrus Bowl.  Considering how the season started, that's a hell of an accomplishment.

Taking all logistics, rankings, national championship implications, etc out of it, I want Auburn to face and beat these non-con teams in this order:

1. Oklahoma - Still bitter about '04
2. USC - See above
3. FSU - Still bitter about '13, their fans suck
4. Clemson - Still bitter about the season opener, hate dabo
5. Louisville - Since we throw all our toilet paper at trees, that leaves us with a glaring need for Bobby Petrino 
6. Oklahoma State - They're the ones who screwed up and opened the door for bama's rematch with LSU in '12... or '11... who cares
7. Ohio State - Would be fun to beat the Cryer again at his fancy new job
8. Michigan - The Harbaugh thing is already massively annoying

Also, all of these are currently high profile teams or historically high profile programs, except Oklahoma State. 

If we don't get to the playoffs (it would take a bunch to get there, I know, but that's obviously the bowl I "want")

id like to play at a cool venue (not south Florida/Atlanta)

fenway, Texas, New Orleans, 

Clemson or fsu for my choice. I doubt the bowl committee would allow us to play Clemson unless it's the playoffs though. 

Miami and richt would also be cool (if they upset Clemson)

it would be like a "true" last DSOR for mark

1 hour ago, bg5 said:

We should get a nice warm weather trip this year. I really don't buy into us making the playoffs even if we do beat Alabama. I think the playoff committee would take a one loss Alabama team over a two lose Auburn team (JMO). I do think we win out until we get to Alabama and I think that game could go either way with the way we are playing right now. I would say Outback or Citrus Bowl although I guess if Ole Miss or LSU beats TA&M we could go to the Sugar Bowl. I think we can beat any team that is not in the playoffs  with the exception of Louisville. Their passing game would really scare me after what I saw Saturday.

If we went on to win the entire SEC we dang sure would be in. Then if Washington or Clemson slipped up then Bama would be in to.

Archived