anyone ready to give lashlee a raise yet?

aubiefifty

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/1/2016 at 6:09 AM, aubiefifty said:

and should we add another ten percent for the slander he has dealt with  the last couple of years? i think he is as good as kiff and some others and i bet makes way less............

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

not sure where you got the kiffen from but i am getting old but i am sure you will enlighten me. as for jimmies and joes i will take dyes and bears and other great coaches against your opinion. and also if the jimmies and joes are hurt do you really have the hosses to win? c'mon we got one banged up qb and the rest behind him are suspect. and do we actually have one running back that is not hurt? yes we have talent but if it is hurt and ineffective then do we really have game talent? no.yesterday we did not. it cost us. i thought that was pretty simple to understand? and that is not even meant mean. as for whom i can only assume you saying rhett is as good as kiffen. how do you know? we surely do not have the talent racked up like bama does. it should be easier to oc at bama than auburn. once we get...the quality depth bama has then come talk to me. bama just plugs another stud in and keeps going. we lose someone and it still hurts us with way more dropoff than bama. so sure i give rhett the nod. rhett has yet to turn a decent school like tennessee into a nightmare. but anyway i still stick by my jimmies and joes comment.

Now, it's the players fault. Kiffin has a true freshman QB playing lights out and has been successful with every QB he has worked with at Bama, including that laughing stock Jacob Coker, remember?

dude you would argue with a stop sign. you take what i say out of of context like ol kiff. i said he destroyed tennessee right? i never said who was better but i did say rhett would not leave tennessee in shambles like kiff did. just like you have to have the hosses to win. it is very seldom you see a talent loaded team out schemed and take a loss because of it. i truly believe if we are healthy we beat jawja. i believe i am allowed my opinion. i also reserve the right to call out fair weather fans who continually trash auburn football after a loss. and once again i did not blame the loss on the players. anyone can tell we are hurt. losing a game because of injuries is not blaming it on the kids. that is just something you pulled out of your behind. auburn lost because of injuries. we had more injuries than we could overcome. lets hope you got a good nights sleep and feel better this morning.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

dude you would argue with a stop sign. you take what i say out of of context like ol kiff. i said he destroyed tennessee right? i never said who was better but i did say rhett would not leave tennessee in shambles like kiff did. just like you have to have the hosses to win. it is very seldom you see a talent loaded team out schemed and take a loss because of it. i truly believe if we are healthy we beat jawja. i believe i am allowed my opinion. i also reserve the right to call out fair weather fans who continually trash auburn football after a loss. and once again i did not blame the loss on the players. anyone can tell we are hurt. losing a game because of injuries is not blaming it on the kids. that is just something you pulled out of your behind. auburn lost because of injuries. we had more injuries than we could overcome. lets hope you got a good nights sleep and feel better this morning.

Yeah, I took the direct quote that you typed about Kiffin out of context. Sorry, I literally copied what you said verbatim. I think he is as good as Kiffin. Direct quote. How the hell do you know what Rhett would do as an HC when he is hardly consistent as OC? I am going to stop reading right there. The thread title was enough.

ok dag. how good of an oc was kiff at tennessee? would you agree with the players kiff has at bama that most people could have success as an oc? think without being upset a minute. i am willing to bet rhett would have huge success as a bama oc as well. he certainly did not run guses o at samford did he? i get you do not care for rhett. but some of you folks saying he is a thief because he is getting paid to do nothing etc and that sort of thing is way off base. and when gus stepped aside many were happy and admitted rhett was doing a decent job with hand. and he has a game where he cannot field a competent qb to replace sean or even rb's. is that not on gus and not rhett? and i would agree someone like dye would have probably faired better than gus with all the injuries which have crippled our o the last couple of games. gosh i even wonder if pettway having all those huge numbers carrying the rock maybe had something to do with him getting hurt because his body maybe did not recover? i just think rhett does not get enough credit when things go right and too much of the blame when things go south. gus can and i am sure has trumped rhett on what to run and whom to run it with. and yes rethinking it i believe rhett is better than kiffen. saban has reeled kiffen in quite a bit right? he does not allow kiff to talk to the media. wonder why gus lets rhett and saban does not allow kiffen? it is all part of the job. and surely dag even you would admit kiff left a train wreck at tenn? sorry i just think rhett is better. also you threw me off when you were woutng pieces of different threads than the one we were discussing this in.. so i like rhett and do not care for kiff and you are vice versa. my loyalty to auburn might cloud some of my judgement but it is how i feel and you will not change my mind on that...............

19 hours ago, DAG said:

Kiffin has a true freshman QB playing lights out

Hurts was also a top 10 QB recruit.  When was the last time Auburn even sniffed a top 10 QB recruit? We are not a QB friendly school, yet we took our non top-10 QB and had him outplaying every QB in the league until he got hurt.  People really need to stop having to compare us to bama on everything... especially when the variables aren't even close to the same.

Eason, another top 10 QB recruit, is also coming along at the same pace as Hurts. Who's the genius QB coach who's making that happen?

And, yes, Coker played well under Kiffin... but take away his Heisman trophy winning running back and highlight reel wide receiver and let's see how good he would be.

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Hurts was also a top 10 QB recruit.  When was the last time Auburn even sniffed a top 10 QB recruit? We are not a QB friendly school, yet we took our non top-10 QB and had him outplaying every QB in the league until he got hurt.  People really need to stop having to compare us to bama on everything... especially when the variables aren't even close to the same.

Eason, another top 10 QB recruit, is also coming along at the same pace as Hurts. Who's the genius QB coach who's making that happen?

And, yes, Coker played well under Kiffin... but take away his Heisman trophy winning running back and highlight reel wide receiver and let's see how good he would be.

What about Jonathon Crompton? Did he have a Heisman winning RB with and highlight reel wide receivers?

Non-top ten, huh? I thought he won the elite 11 or does that not count anymore? 

The fact of the matter is every place that Lane has been, his QBs have lived up to potential or better.  

Now let's see, Kiehl Frazier? What happened to him? National player of the year.

Jeremy Johnson? Mr. Alabama in football. Pre-season Heisman hopeful. What happened?

Oh, I get it. Now we can't recruit highly rated QBs at AU, even with an offensive Guru himself. 

Eason come along as the same pace? Only in yards because he throws more times than Jalen and still Jalen has more yards. Both have about a 2-1 TD ratio, but Jalen absolutely destroys Eason when it comes to completion %. We won't even bring up the effect he has with his feet. I don't care if he is a five star or not. He is a true freshman. Don't hate on Lane Kiffin because he actually utilizes the talent that he has and maximizes it. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

What about Jonathon Crompton? Did he have a Heisman winning RB with and highlight reel wide receivers?

The fact of the matter is every place that Lane has been, his QBs have lived up to potential or better.  

Now let's see, Kiehl Frazier? What happened to him? National player of the year.

Jeremy Johnson? Mr. Alabama in football. Pre-season Heisman hopeful. What happened?

Oh, I get it. Now we can't recruit highly rated QBs at AU, even with an offensive Guru himself. 

Eason come along as the same pace? Only in yards because he throws more times than Jalen and still Jalen has more yards. Both have about a 2-1 TD ratio, but Jalen absolutely destroys Eason when it comes to completion %. We won't even bring up the effect he has with his feet. I don't care if he is a five star or not. He is a true freshman. Don't hate on Lane Kiffin because he actually utilizes the talent that he has and maximizes it. 

DAG... dude... you need to take your medication.  You're a totally reasonable guy to talk to when we are winning, but when we lose, you go off the deep end big-time.

I had no idea who Jonathan Crompton was, so I had to look him up...  Career  55.3% completion for 4187 yards at an average of 6.7 yards per attempt, with 36 touchdowns to 22 INTs... Sounds like an average QB to me. What's your point?  If you are going to say that he improved dramatically his Senior, year... he threw more than twice as many passes as he did his Junior year and his completion percentage wasn't any better than when he was a Sophomore.

None of the Auburn QBs you listed were consider in the top 10 nationally for QB recruits.  Winning the Elite 11 or not, if you look at the breakdown of Top 10 QBs, Sean wasn't on it. Neither was Jeremy... Kiehl... none of them.  The truth is that Auburn doesn't land top QBs and that's something that we really need to fix, which isn't easy with an offense that throws less than 20 times a game. You see... 
"Offensive Guru" doesn't have anything to do with recruiting or even developing. "Offensive Guru" is about game planning.

Yes... Eason is coming along at the same pace.  Hurts couldn't even score on LSU 2 weeks ago, until he was gifted with some free no-holds, and still he threw no touchdowns, had one INT, and a 52% completion percentage. He's had one spectacular game against Mississippi State, and a solid game against Arkansas, which bolstered his numbers. He also has a lot more talent around him than Eason has.  This whole "Our QBs all suck because Hurts is a freshman thing is just silly".

I'm sorry if you think I'm hating on your buddy Lane.  He's a solid QB coach, no doubt, and one of the better coordinators, but he's not God's gift to football.  If he was, he wouldn't have been run out of two different towns before ending up at the place where they buy national championships by the gross.

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

DAG... dude... you need to take your medication.  You're a totally reasonable guy to talk to when we are winning, but when we lose, you go off the deep end big-time.

I had no idea who Jonathan Crompton was, so I had to look him up...  Career  55.3% completion for 4187 yards at an average of 6.7 yards per attempt, with 36 touchdowns to 22 INTs... Sounds like an average QB to me. What's your point?  If you are going to say that he improved dramatically his Senior, year... he threw more than twice as many passes as he did his Junior year and his completion percentage wasn't any better than when he was a Sophomore.

None of the Auburn QBs you listed were consider in the top 10 nationally for QB recruits.  Winning the Elite 11 or not, if you look at the breakdown of Top 10 QBs, Sean wasn't on it. Neither was Jeremy... Kiehl... none of them.  The truth is that Auburn doesn't land top QBs and that's something that we really need to fix, which isn't easy with an offense that throws less than 20 times a game. You see... 
"Offensive Guru" doesn't have anything to do with recruiting or even developing. "Offensive Guru" is about game planning.

Yes... Eason is coming along at the same pace.  Hurts couldn't even score on LSU 2 weeks ago, until he was gifted with some free no-holds, and still he threw no touchdowns, had one INT, and a 52% completion percentage. He's had one spectacular game against Mississippi State, and a solid game against Arkansas, which bolstered his numbers. He also has a lot more talent around him than Eason has.  This whole "Our QBs all suck because Hurts is a freshman thing is just silly".

I'm sorry if you think I'm hating on your buddy Lane.  He's a solid QB coach, no doubt, and one of the better coordinators, but he's not God's gift to football.  If he was, he wouldn't have been run out of two different towns before ending up at the place where they buy national championships by the gross.

Sorry man. Just went back and looked. Kiehl was the number 2 QB out of HS behind Jeff Driskel. Jeremy Johnson was the number 9 QB. Sean White was the number 4 QB. Recruiting isn't the problem...

10 minutes ago, autigersj said:

Sorry man. Just went back and looked. Kiehl was the number 2 QB out of HS behind Jeff Driskel. Jeremy Johnson was the number 9 QB. Sean White was the number 4 QB. Recruiting isn't the problem...

Not sure what list you are looking at, but here's what I have as the top ten for 2015 and 2014 from the 247 composite... Maybe you are just looking at pocket passers...

1.    David Cornwall
2.    Keller Chryst
3.    Deshaun Watson
4.    Will Grier
5.    Caleb Henderson
6.    Drew Barker
7.    Kyle Allen
8.    Jerrod Heard
9.    Justice Hansen
10.    Quinton Flowers

1.    Max Browne
2.    Christian Hackenberg
3.    Shane Morris
4.    Cooper Bateman
5.    Ryan Burns
6.    Kevin Olsen
7.    Asiantii Woulard
8.    Brice Ramsey
9.    Zach Greenlee
10.    Tyrone Swoopes

I don't see Sean or Jeremy on those lists...

6 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Not sure what list you are looking at, but here's what I have as the top ten for 2015 and 2014 from the 247 composite... Maybe you are just looking at pocket passers...

1.    David Cornwall
2.    Keller Chryst
3.    Deshaun Watson
4.    Will Grier
5.    Caleb Henderson
6.    Drew Barker
7.    Kyle Allen
8.    Jerrod Heard
9.    Justice Hansen
10.    Quinton Flowers

1.    Max Browne
2.    Christian Hackenberg
3.    Shane Morris
4.    Cooper Bateman
5.    Ryan Burns
6.    Kevin Olsen
7.    Asiantii Woulard
8.    Brice Ramsey
9.    Zach Greenlee
10.    Tyrone Swoopes

I don't see Sean or Jeremy on those lists...

All I did was go the ESPN 300 and search for QB in those respective years...

2014: (link: http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2014/order/true)

1. Deshaun Watson

2. Kyle Allen

3. Brandon Harris

4. Sean White

2013: (link: http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2013/order/true)

1. Christian Hackenberg

2. Max Browne

3. Cooper Bateman

4. Ryan Burns

5. Kevin Olsen

6. Kohl Stewart

7. Brice Ramsay

8. Shane Morris

9. Jeremy Johnson

2 minutes ago, autigersj said:

I trust the 247 composite, that compiles every ranking service, to ESPN's personal rankings.

One thing is for sure, even the recruiting "experts" don't know how to evaluate QBs either

At least half of those kids are names I haven't heard up to this point but maybe I'm ignorant

13 minutes ago, Tiger said:

One thing is for sure, even the recruiting "experts" don't know how to evaluate QBs either

At least half of those kids are names I haven't heard up to this point but maybe I'm ignorant

I thought the same thing!! I see backup QB's and players I don't even recognize. Texas A&M can't keep a QB apparently!

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Lane Kiffin is a damn good QB coach. What he did with Jonathon Crompton at UT was phenomenal IMO.

He went on to uat and took Blake Sims and won with the SEC with him in '14 , they averaged 37 ppg.  Then in 2015 he replaced 8 starters on offense including QB, 3 OL's and Amari Cooper, he went from a pass heavy O to a run first O and produced a Heisman trophy winner and won the NC with them - they averaged 35 ppg.

Now he's taken a kid that just turned 18 yrs old a month ago that never played on the college stage in this life and they are averaging 41ppg (I am aware of the extraordinary 12 non-offensive TDs they've had)  with an almost completely different offensive scheme than what got them to the playoffs in '14 and '15....

Yeah, Rhett can't touch this ^^^^^.

28 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I trust the 247 composite, that compiles every ranking service, to ESPN's personal rankings.

Of course, you do. You only like to agree to things that fit your agenda. Now, let's get back to the Crompton conversation. Lane Kiffin did NOT coach Crompton his entire career. He coached  Jonathon Crompton ONE year! In 2009 and that was his best year. He threw for 2800 27 TDs and 13 interceptions with a completion rating of 58 %. I know you want to disregard that, but you can't. He improved in every category drastically with Lane Kiffin as coach.

Also, instead of putting words in my mouth, why don't you actually look at what I said. Comparing Rhett Lashlee to someone of Lane Kiffin resume is silly. You can't compare the two.

I would love for you to quote where I said Lane Kiffin is a GOD's gift to football? Where did I say anything about our QBs sucking because of Jalen ? Where the heck do you get half of these things.

And really? Being an offensive guru has nothing to do with recruiting and development? LOL. He is the HC and controls the offense, I would hope he would take a huge part in that portion.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

Lane Kiffin is a damn good QB coach. What he did with Jonathon Crompton at UT was phenomenal IMO.

He went on to uat and took Blake Sims and won with the SEC with him in '14 , they averaged 37 ppg.  Then in 2015 he replaced 8 starters on offense including QB, 3 OL's and Amari Cooper, he went from a pass heavy O to a run first O and produced a Heisman trophy winner and won the NC with them - they averaged 35 ppg.

Now he's taken a kid that just turned 18 yrs old a month ago that never played on the college stage in this life and they are averaging 41ppg with an almost completely different offensive scheme than what got them to the playoffs in '14 and '15....

Yeah, Rhett can't touch this ^^^^^.

Right? Lane Kiffin sucks as a HC but he is a pretty damn good QB coach. Anyone who wants to dispute that is just plain as day hating.

32 minutes ago, autigersj said:

2014: (link: http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2014/order/true)

1. Deshaun Watson

2. Kyle Allen

3. Brandon Harris

4. Sean White

2013: (link: http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2013/order/true)

1. Christian Hackenberg

2. Max Browne

3. Cooper Bateman

4. Ryan Burns

5. Kevin Olsen

6. Kohl Stewart

7. Brice Ramsay

8. Shane Morris

9. Jeremy Johnson

In fact, they have SW has the #2 Pocket passer in the nation for 2014

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2014/view/position/order/true/position/quarterback-pocket-passer

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Of course, you do. You only like to agree to things that fit your agenda. Now, let's get back to the Crompton conversation. Lane Kiffin did NOT coach Crompton his entire career. He coached  Jonathon Crompton ONE year! In 2009 and that was his best year. He threw for 2800 27 TDs and 13 interceptions with a completion rating of 58 %. I know you want to disregard that, but you can't. He improved in every category drastically with Lane Kiffin as coach.

Also, instead of putting words in my mouth, why don't you actually look at what I said. Comparing Rhett Lashlee to someone of Lane Kiffin resume is silly. You can't compare the two.

I would love for you to quote where I said Lane Kiffin is a GOD's gift to football? Where did I say anything about our QBs sucking because of Jalen ? Where the heck do you get half of these things.

And really? Being an offensive guru has nothing to do with recruiting and development? LOL. He is the HC and controls the offense, I would hope he would take a huge part in that portion.

Pretty high strung and emotional right now, but DAG has some points. Truth is...CRL is not even close to the same level of an offensive coach or QB coach as CLK. Auburn has a QB development problem and has for a while. Our last successful non transfer QB?...2007 and Brandon Cox. Back in the Tubberville days.

39 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Bottom line lionheart, we currently have a HC and an OC that either aren't able to properly evaluate QB talent for their scheme or they can't create an offensive scheme to suit the personnel THEY signed to this roster.  For 2 yrs they can't decide who the hell should be game planning and calling the plays.  Gus said at the end of last season that he intended to "get back to doing what I do best...coaching football",  he promised to be more hands on and involved......Then he flip flopped and decided he'll let his coaches do their job and he'll act as a CEO type coach.  Now we see rumors that he called the Vandy/UGA games????

Gus appears on the sidelines to be a freaking nervous wreck, clutching his clip board for dear life, shoving his fingers up his nose and making Jim Carrey facial expressions.  :dead:

5 minutes ago, DAG said:
28 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Of course, you do. You only like to agree to things that fit your agenda.

No... I like things that are statistically accurate.  When recruiting rankings are subjective and there are 4 different organizations that rank players, the composite of those for is going to be the most accurate... end of story.

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Lane Kiffin did NOT coach Crompton his entire career. He coached  Jonathon Crompton ONE year! In 2009 and that was his best year. He threw for 2800 27 TDs and 13 interceptions with a completion rating of 58 %. I know you want to disregard that, but you can't. He improved in every category drastically with Lane Kiffin as coach.

Jonathan Crompton also had a 58% completion ratio in 2007.  Also, in 2007, he threw for 8.1 yards per attempt.  In 2009 he threw for 7.3 yards per attempt. Yes, in 2007 he wasn't the starter and didn't play much, but what that shows you is that the capability was there BEFORE Lane. I'm just not sure why you picked an average QB who made a natural progression as the full time starter as proof of Lane's QB guru status.  I have said before that Lane is a good QB coach. I don't think he's anything close to the best out there. I certainly agree that he's better than Rhett, but I think using what he's done with a 5-star recruit as a comparison to show a lack of development of our QBs is just silly.

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Being a head coach has everything to do with recruiting and development.  I was just poking at the fact that everyone is throwing "offensive guru" in his face because he's having issues that have nothing to do with being an offensive guru. If you want to say that he's faltering at aspects of being a head coach, I can't deny that, and I don't think most are.  We are all pretty much in agreement that he's a head coach in training, but he was an offensive guru long before he was even an offensive coordinator, let alone a head coach. 

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

No... I like things that are statistically accurate.  When recruiting rankings are subjective and there are 4 different organizations that rank players, the composite of those for is going to be the most accurate... end of story.

Jonathan Crompton also had a 58% completion ratio in 2007.  Also, in 2007, he threw for 8.1 yards per attempt.  In 2009 he threw for 7.3 yards per attempt. Yes, in 2007 he wasn't the starter and didn't play much, but what that shows you is that the capability was there BEFORE Lane. I'm just not sure why you picked an average QB who made a natural progression as the full time starter as proof of Lane's QB guru status.  I have said before that Lane is a good QB coach. I don't think he's anything close to the best out there. I certainly agree that he's better than Rhett, but I think using what he's done with a 5-star recruit as a comparison to show a lack of development of our QBs is just silly.

Being a head coach has everything to do with recruiting and development.  I was just poking at the fact that everyone is throwing "offensive guru" in his face because he's having issues that have nothing to do with being an offensive guru. If you want to say that he's faltering at aspects of being a head coach, I can't deny that, and I don't think most are.  We are all pretty much in agreement that he's a head coach in training, but he was an offensive guru long before he was even an offensive coordinator, let alone a head coach. 

Haha okay lionheart. As long as you know it is silly to compare a Rhett Lashlee to Lane Kiffin. You don't have to give him credit for anything else.

8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

BTW, the reason you didn't see SW is because he is #11. Oh, the horror! How did CGM make such a transformation?

http://247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&PositionGroup=QB

Jeremy Johnson #14 . How horrible!

http://247sports.com/Season/2013-Football/CompositeRecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&PositionGroup=QB

Archived