anyone ready to give lashlee a raise yet?

aubiefifty

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The OP is actually JJ polling the AUfamily to see if he should hand out more money like its candy the day after Halloween!  The answer Mr. AD is No.  Please stop giving money away so freely.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, aufan57 said:

Lashlee No

Horton Yes

Hand Yes

Fountain Yes

I don't know about hand. He essentially put his best line up in because of injury, he didn't really identify it himself.

T Will is literally pulling off the greatest positional coaching job I've ever seen

48 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

We're going to give him a raise for doing his job? 

I say we all forget the qb rotation fiasco the first game and call everything even lol

I guess I am in the minority on this one.  If we win out or even finish 10-3, I have no problem with a 3 year / $75,000 raise increase. We do not want to lose him and need to do what is necessary within reason to keep him on staff. The whole staff on both sides of the ball needs to be given a raise. Either we do this, or someone else will do this if things keep going in the direction we all hope we wind up at season's end.

32 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I guess I am in the minority on this one.  If we win out or even finish 10-3, I have no problem with a 3 year / $75,000 raise increase. We do not want to lose him and need to do what is necessary within reason to keep him on staff. The whole staff on both sides of the ball needs to be given a raise. Either we do this, or someone else will do this if things keep going in the direction we all hope we wind up at season's end.

Malzahn can probably plug in any likeminded OC and we'll see success on offense. As long as he lets the designated OC do what they're here for. I don't think there's any reason for Rhett to get a raise this year no matter what our w/l record states.

Stipulation: on the off chance we do make it to the CFP, and win at least one game, then I could see justifying a pay bump. Which he would most likely get, but that also increases his chance of being hired away. I don't think Rhett is valuable enough to get into a bidding war and being used as leverage against another team. Likely scenario, if he stays for next year, then he will probably raise his stock higher and have more potential for a better HC gig.  

The next 3 games are crucial in determining the outlook on our coaching staff going into 2017. 

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

I'm still in the Lashlee needs to move on after the season camp

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

I don't disagree. Just too early to talk about. 

auburn loses two games and it is not too early to fire rhett tho right?and that is saying it way nicer than some of you folks did.  and no i am not a troll. i am too damn good looking. i will however remind some of you about how bad you bashed lashlee. but you boys believe what you want to believe.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

auburn loses two games and it is not too early to fire rhett tho right?and that is saying it way nicer than some of you folks did.  and no i am not a troll. i am too damn good looking. i will however remind some of you about how bad you bashed lashlee. but you boys believe what you want to believe.

I still want him gone. In my opinion, Gus has gotten stale and needs a foil on the offensive side of the ball. I'm fully on board with bringing KB over from Baylor and merging that pass offense with Gus' run offense.

19 minutes ago, selias said:

I still want him gone. In my opinion, Gus has gotten stale and needs a foil on the offensive side of the ball. I'm fully on board with bringing KB over from Baylor and merging that pass offense with Gus' run offense.

Hmmmm

Coach Briles to us

Head Coach Morris to Baylor

new Head Coach Lashlee to SMU

IDK (BTW, I just learned that one), but there's a certain symmetry to it, post season.

The crazy thing is if you look around....at  $600 K...RL is down the line a bit in terms of OC salaries....in the SEC and elsewhere.   

Not suggesting that he deserves a raise no matter how the season turns out....but the whole business defies logic at about any school you can name....Schottenheimer making something like $950 at UGa and Cam Cameron was at $1.5 M at LSU with that crappy offense they had. 

18 hours ago, Browning4AU said:

I personally think the O Line shift has just as much to do with AU winning as Rhett calling the plays. Didn't both of these happen around the same time?

Moving Golson back to C was major. Plus i like the additional package of bringing in Horton as our 6th OL. I'm not sure if that was implemented much before Rhett took over. 

CRL deserved every bit of bashing he received.

CRL deserves every bit of praise he's receiving now.

CRL does not, however, deserve a raise.

Just my 2 pennies.

On 11/1/2016 at 8:25 PM, doc4aday said:

It's been one season of him proving he can do it at an elite level, I don't care how desperate the market is, it can't be THAT desperate.  At least wait for a repeat of this success.

Definitely not ready to give Rhett or Gus a raise.  This is what we paid them to do, what their raises last year was supposed to produce at the beginning of this year. I say let them be consistent for a year or two and then approach a raise.

Archived