question about auburn and rankings?

aubiefifty

i am one of those guys who just enjoys the games and hopefully can talk some lighthearted trash when we win.with all the teams with less losses or no losses ahead of us and we win today do we have any kind of chance of cracking the top ten? or next week if we continue our winning ways? i guess i am asking how long if we keep winning out before we crack the top ten? thanx for any replies.............

I would say probably not this week as only 2 teams in front of Auburn will definitely lose today. If one of those is Clemson they still won't drop below Auburn. I think Wyoming has a shot to best Boise St and Okie St could beat West Virginia but those are unlikely. So I think best bet if all went as it is likely it would be at least after Vandy before top ten is possible but as I look at it there is not much in the way of matchups that go in our favor even then. It may take a few more weeks. 

We can be well into the top 10 by the IB.

Teams in front of us will lose. A few will lose today, a few next week, etc. If your last loss of the season is in week 3, you finish highly ranked by way of attrition if nothing else. This is talking about the AP poll though. The CFP may well put is in the top ten after this weekend. Who knows? We'll have to wait and see. Moot point if we don't win today though.

Will be interesting to see where we are ranked by the only poll that matters come Tuesday.  But I agree with what others have said, that it will take some losses by teams ahead of us.  With a win in Oxford today I think we'll move up to somewhere between 12 and 14.  

3 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Win today like the last 2 and we're in the top 10. Bank on it. You can't ignore 3 straight SEC wins in that fashion. Especially if Clemson and aTm win again.

I agree. A big win on the road at Ole Miss would get us close. 

3 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Win today like the last 2 and we're in the top 10. Bank on it. You can't ignore 3 straight SEC wins in that fashion. Especially if Clemson and aTm win again.

Some in front of us will have to lose today before we make the top 10 in next week's rankings. As noted above, some above us will lose long before the season is over but today alone probably won't do it.

I'm hoping for some crazy upsets today. I can see several of the undefeated teams going down. I think there is a chance that Clemson, Washington, and Nebraska could all lose today. West Virginia already went down ??

16 hours ago, gr82be said:

I would say probably not this week as only 2 teams in front of Auburn will definitely lose today. If one of those is Clemson they still won't drop below Auburn. I think Wyoming has a shot to best Boise St and Okie St could beat West Virginia but those are unlikely. So I think best bet if all went as it is likely it would be at least after Vandy before top ten is possible but as I look at it there is not much in the way of matchups that go in our favor even then. It may take a few more weeks. 

Believe in yourself more often

Archived